Intrigued By Her (Completed)

By WatersAnna

He pulls me fiercely to his chest and I hug him back. He pulls away after what seems like an eternity and I r... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 29

11.5K 465 10
By WatersAnna

     We wish a chorus of good mornings as the teacher enters and I suddenly realize Xavier is not in the class. He must be hanging out with his group. And anyways he is an A student in this class so skipping a few classes won't matter to him. I pay complete attention in the class so I can perform well in the mid term. I need at least a decent B to maintain my average. I sigh in content as the class gets over.

The rest of the day in school passes by quickly and I drive home as fast as I can. I need to have lunch and then leave for the hospital. I jog up to my room and grab my sling bag. I put in my novel, my pen case and a few history notes. If I find mom sleeping, I can read or study a bit. That depends on my mood. As I'm done putting my things together, I notice Xavier enter his room. I walk to my window open it. Luckily he notices me and walks to his window.

"Hey." I call out.

"Hey Sammy." He says with a smirk but I can see he is tired.

"You missed math today." I say and he smiles.

"More like you missed me in math today." He retorts with a smug smile.

"You wish West, you wish." I say nonchalantly.

"I do." He says with a serious expression and I stand still, waiting for him to laugh.

"And actually I skipped school today. Had some urgent work with mom." He doesn't laugh like I thought but continues.

"Ohh. All okay?"

"Yeah. Where are you headed?" He says eyeing my sling bag.

"To the hospital. Last few days until mom is taken to Texas." I say with a sad shrug.

"Taken to Texas? You mean for medical treatment?" He inquires and I nod.

"Yeah its dad's decision. One of his close friend's close friend is a doctor there who can handle mom's case better than here."

"So... are you going too?" He asks with what I would call anxiousness but I can't be sure. 

"No no no. I am not. For infinite reasons that only dad can come up with, I'm staying." I say wistfully.

"Oh okay. Can I come with you too, to the hospital?" He asks out  of the blue and I raise my eyebrows. Xavier does the same but in question, pushing his hands into his pocket.

"Okay. I'll see you down in 5." I say and he nods and walks away to his bathroom.

I don't eat lunch but instead grab a protein bar from the kitchen and move out. I wait near my car for Xavier to arrive. He arrives with only a light  brown leather jacket on his previous  white t-shirt and blue faded jeans outfit. We both get into the car and I start the engine.

"So whats with the sudden company to the hospital?" I question.

"I need to the see the woman who gave birth to the beautiful Samantha Collins." He says with a wink and I roll my eyes.

"You should learn to stop flirting Xavier." 

"And you Samantha, should learn to accept a compliment."

"Yeah only when the compliment should be genuine." I retort.

"What makes you think that I did not genuinely call you beautiful?" He questions and I try to think of a snarky response but my ever so lame brain doesn't come up with anything.

"I know you West." I fake glare him and he looks away with a smirk. I just shrug as we arrive at the hospital.

                   We reach the floor my mother is warded and I see Xavier looking around curiously. We enter mom's room and I am surprised to find dad there.

"Dad!" I say and dad looks back.

"Hey baby girl. Oh... Hello Xavier." Dad greets us a little surprised by Xavier's presence.

"Hello Mr. Collins." Xavier shakes hands with my father.

"Dad I thought you were gonna come here at night." I say dreading his next words.

"I made all the arrangements love. We are leaving tomorrow." He says cautiously and I am rendered speechless. I knew she was gonna go but-but tomorrow! I thought I had at least a week before they shifted there.

"Sam we talked about this right. You can be here all night if you want but you have school tomorrow. So I'll finish my pending work at my office and till then you can sit here okay." Dad nears me and kisses my forehead. He then leaves the room,wishing Xavier good bye and I struggle control my tears.

"Can I stay with mom for some minutes alone Xavier?" I ask him and he immediately nods.

"Of course. I'll stand outside." He says and exits the room. I thump in the chair beside my mother and her eyes flicker to me.

"Hey mumma bear. Did dad tell you everything?" I ask putting a fake smile while my eyes are already watery.

"You are gonna go to Texas, for-for treatment and then you're gonna be better soon. The medical facilities a not that great here. And you deserve the best right. So... you are gonna go. Tomorrow. For a little while I am sure. And don't you worry about me, I am going to be great. In fact I can have parties and watch movies till late every night. You know I can do anything. I can even have a big party. And then I can eat all the junk you and dad don't allow me to. And me, Bella and Carly can have a sleepover every weekend without worrying about making too much of noise. And-" I realize I'm rambling when mom lightly takes my hand that is resting on the bed between her two fingers. I look at her and see tears flowing freely. That breaks my control and I cry.

"I'll miss you mom. I-I don't know how I'm gonna go by one day without seeing you." I say crying and my head resting on her hand. I cry and cry till my heart feels lighter. I look up, wipe mom's eyes and then mine. I close my eyes in an attempt to control myself then smile for mom.

"But you are going there for getting better so we should be happy about that." I try to lace my voice with cheerfulness and kiss mumma's forehead.

"Also... someone is here to meet you." I state next not wanting to cry again and then get up. I move to the hospital door and spot Xavier standing there, busy on his phone.

"Hey Xavier." I call out and he looks up.

"You can come in." I say and walk back in to the room. Xavier enters behind me and gives me a small smile which I return. He slowly walks near mom's bed and stands.

"Hello Mrs. Collins. I am Xavier West, Samantha's classmate and your neighbour." He introduces himself and mom looks at him, smiling the limited smile she can.

"He is Della's son." I add.

"Mrs. Collin I just wanted to meet you because I needed to see the woman who raised up a girl like Samantha. She is brave, she is beautiful, she is affectionate,she is smart and she is strong. Now I see why. Its without doubt you who passed on all these qualities to her." Xavier says and I widen my eyes. Out of all the things I expected him to say, this was definitely not one of them.

"And I know that because I see you right now. I know I seem to be talking stuffs I shouldn't but after everything Samantha told me about you, I can't help but admire you and your strength. You have returned back to your family after a terrible struggle that only few people can imagine. And I know you are going to get all good soon. I am lucky I got to meet you." He says in the most genuine and polite voice and I don't know how to react. And I realize that is happening a lot lately. I am constantly facing situations that leave me speechless and with no idea of how I should react.

"I- um, I'll just grab myself a coffee okay. You want one?" I ask Xavier. He nods and I leave hurriedly. Instead of going to the cafeteria, I go to the emergency stairs which are empty. I loose control again and cry. I never expected all this to turn out this way. Mom leaving so fast, Xavier saying all that inside. Its just so unexpected. 

Just then I hear the staircase door creak and I quickly wipe my eyes, rubbing away the tears. I look up startled to find Xavier standing there with his arms folded, staring impassively at me. A stare that makes me feel that he could see right through me. As if he knew all my thoughts and feelings. The mere thought gives me shivers and I stand up straight. He takes a step down, nearing me. His gaze curious as well as piercing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.9M 1.2M 42
"Close your eyes." he croaked, I did as I was told without any disobedience. "Have you any idea how badly I want to kiss you right now?" I shook my h...
8.9M 338K 39
Needs editing and will be editing soon Alexis Miller is a 23 year old who is freshly out of college. She was hired right on the spot, when the owner...
275K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
12.4M 452K 62
"Feel that?" He asked, keeping her hand still. "That's what you do to me. Every time I see you. Every time I hear you laugh. Every time I think of yo...