Intrigued By Her (Completed)

By WatersAnna

He pulls me fiercely to his chest and I hug him back. He pulls away after what seems like an eternity and I r... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 28

13.1K 443 23
By WatersAnna

Bella drives us to an unknown area and I furrow my eye brows.

"Bells. Where are we going?" I ask and she jumps in excitement.

"There is this new boutique ran by my aunt's best friend Cathy Calvin. She will help us find the most new and best gowns for the ball. So we will be the 'exclusive girls'." She says and I laugh at her enthusiasm while Carly smiles. We stop at a small but fashionably designed place. We step out of the car and into the boutique.

"Hello young ladies. How can I help you?" A lady greets us as we three are looking around. The place is ethnically decorated with dresses and gowns everywhere. Its actually very spacious on the inside contrary to its outwards impression. I look at the lady. She looks in her fifties yet she looks beautiful and is dressed in a classy manner. Her hair is put up in a sophisticated bun which makes her look more professional.

"Hello mam, our aunt Debra has sent us here. I am Carly and she is my twin Bella while this is our best friend Samantha. She must have told you we have a ball at our school." Cary explains politely and  the lady claps her hands.

"Ahh. So you girls are the darlings. I am Mrs. Cathy Calvin and I promise to dazzle your ball with the exclusive gowns I have here. They are all designed by me." She says proudly and Bella is literally bubbling with excitement and anticipation. Mrs. Calvin starts to show us around. First Bella and then Carly pick up a few gowns and rush in the trial rooms. Bella tries a lot and by a lot, I mean a lot of gowns but none pass her approval test. After what seems like ages she comes out with a happy squeal donning a black, lacy dress which has a plunging sweet heart neckline with thin single straps and laced sleeves. The dress has a horizontal cut in the front and the dress extends beautifully at the back. The materials plumps at her waist, highlighting her slender figure and her shapely legs. She never wanted a full length dress so this seems perfect for her.

"Woah Bella you look amazing!" I comment and she nods in happiness while finalizing that one for her. Next Carly tries a couple of colors out of which a beaded white gown catches our eye. It is an off shoulder piece with again a delicately carved sweetheart neckline. It clinches at her waist slightly and then flows down into a fish tail style. Carly looks stunning and we are all rendered speechless. Maybe this ball is not that bad of an idea. We agree on that one for her and its then my turn to try out.

I just pick up two gowns that seem the most attractive out of which I finalize on a dark blue one.  We three pay our bills and exit the store in the most cheerful state. Bella then drops me at the hospital. I meet mom again but find her sleeping when I arrive. Dad instructs me to go home and I comply. I glance at my covered dress in the back seat of my car and then begin my journey home with a smile.

                      I reach school next day to find even more gushed talks about the ball. Almost everyone is talking about their 'ball dates' and the dresses they will wear or the hairstyle they will put up. I also come to know that the masks would be given to us when we enter but then that is the most obvious thing. 

"Hey Sam." I hear  someone call me as I'm walking in the hallways towards my locker. I turn around to find Zack standing there, with his hands stuffed in his pocket.

"Hey." I say back and we both walk towards each other.

"Soo..are you coming to the ball?" He questions and I nod.

"Yeah yeah I am and I was about to tell you that- you can escort me." I say,releasing a breath. He smiles wide and I smile back.

"Okay so I'll see you then." He says and I nod, starting to walk away. I remove my books from the locker and move to my first class. I can't wait for school to get over so that I can go back to mom. Life seems..so perfect. But there is just one thing bothering me. I reminiscent the events of that night as I take a seat in my Math class.

                                                                     *Flashback*

My phone rings and I put it on speaker and I put on my seat belt.

"Baby girl. Where are you?" I hear dad, a bit desperation in his voice. Mom!

"Dad I'm leaving for the hospital. Is everything okay? Is-is mom okay?"

"Yes love. Your mom is fine. Don't drive to the hospital. Come home. I have something to tell you." He says and I frown in confusion. I agree and start my way back home. Its afternoon and dad is home. What is it that he wants to talk? Don't be bad news.

"Hey dad. What's up?" I say as I see dad sitting in the living room with some sheets and his laptop.

"Baby girl I was talking to my friend Samuel who lives in Texas that day and says that there is excellently advance medical health care that can be highly beneficial to your mom. One of his close friend is a very famous neurologist there who is expert in treating and handling cases similar to your mom's. I think I should take your mom there." He says the last part slowly and after a pause while I stand speechless.

"But-but dad... Orlando to Texas, is it possible for mom to travel that much? I mean with all the tubes and everything and then the doctors here and -" I ramble overwhelmed. I want the best treatment for mom but taking her away from here and the risks, its just too much to imagine.

"Shh Sam calm down. Sit down and I'll explain everything okay?" He says and I nod, driving a hand through my hair. I sit opposite to dad on the sofa and he takes me hand and squeezes assuringly.

"You're still the same. The curiously impatient girl I would have lost if I hadn't stopped being the selfish person I was a few weeks ago." He says and I remember the times when dad didn't say a single word to me after mom's accident. The time when I didn't see for days at stretch. The times when Chase broke me and I didn't have dad either.

"Its not like that dad. You were broken, just like me. You did need some time to resist the shock of that accident." I say desperately, not wanting him to feel bad.

"No love. I should have stayed strong, comforted you and should have been 'the father'. Instead I drowned myself into self misery, leaving you no choice but to play my role." He says, his voice full of regret and I see a tear slip his eyes.

"Hey dad- no. You have done a lot okay. And the past doesn't matter as long as we are together right now. Please don't blame yourself. Please. We promised mom that we will be happy for her sake right?" I encourage him and wipe his tears. He looks at me with love and fondness and kisses my forehead.

"Yeah baby girl. You're right." 

" Yeah dad." I say and move to hug him. He hugs me back and I feel so much more loved and protected. It gives me a feeling that everything is going to be great soon, including mom's condition.

"So I talked to Andrea's doctors today  and they said that if and only if her condition improves, they will allow the travel. Of course that would be with medical surveillance and it can be either by the plane or road. Road is safer as they can load a medical van with all emergency equipment but its almost a 20 hours trip. Whereas plane would be barely 2-3 hours but risky. So basically the road trip is advisable." He explains.. After dad's melt down and me comforting him, we moved to the kitchen where we are now discussing this over a cup coffee, made by dad.

"Ohh... And what about your job?" I ask.

"My company has another office in Texas. So I can persuade my boss for giving me a temporary transfer as you know he is a great man at heart." Dad answers and I nod. He has everything planned.  

"Okay..That's cool and what about my school then? How will I get admission in the middle of the year?" I shoot next.

"No no no baby girl, you won't accompany us. Its your last year in school and I can't take any chances. Besides settling there can take a toll on your performance and ultimately the college you get into." He says and I immediately go still. They are gonna go without me!

"No dad. I am coming if you guys go. I can't stay here alone without meeting mom for what can be months at a stretch. " I argue back and dad shrugs.

"You won't be alone always. Your uncle Jason and Aunt Martha will keep visiting you. Besides I'll have a new office to handle there and then your mom. I don't want you to waver between all this. Also it will be easy for me to stay anywhere if I'm alone Sam. Please understand." He says pleadingly and I shake my head and run to my room. I need time if I'm gonna agree to this.

Dad comes in after an hour and I straighten up on my bed. He sits beside me and caresses my head.

"Sam I understand how you feel right now but please don't be upset. I'm doing this so that we can all be happy. Expenses would increase if you come along and so will my responsibilities. And if Andrea gets better there, she would never forgive me if she comes to know that I toyed with your education. You have your friends, your school, teachers and everything here. Please baby girl, I need your support in this. Please. Do this for me. For your mom." Dad says pleadingly and I have no choice but to agree. If it takes me being alone and away from mom here, to get her better. Then be it. Besides dad is already going through so much. I can't be the burden child on him.

"Okay dad. I agree." I say and close my eyes with a sigh.

                                                                   *Flashback ends*

Now that mom is showing better signs of improvement, there is a 100% chance, dad will go to Texas. I want that and then I don't want that. I wish things would have been simpler. But I have to do this for mom. To see her up and alive fully, she has to go to a better hospital. Yeah. I am not gonna be sad over this. I instead should enjoy whatever little time I have left with mom before she goes. I sigh and shake my head to clear my thoughts as the teacher enters. 

Hello guys...Please vote if you liked this chapter. Those are the pictures of the gowns Bella and Carly chose. You can comment and tell me if you liked them. Also this is kinda the turning point of the story and things get far more interesting from here. So stay tuned, vote and comment because that is something that keeps a writer motivated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485 98 59
she's a witch he's a demon A girl prophesied to be the only one who could could kill the demon and ended up falling for him, the demon fell also but...
36.8M 1.2M 42
"Close your eyes." he croaked, I did as I was told without any disobedience. "Have you any idea how badly I want to kiss you right now?" I shook my h...
99.7K 3.7K 27
I open my eyes to see her right above, smiling. She's so adorable. My finger lightly traces her smile line. "Don't you think we could do something e...
236K 8K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...