Intrigued By Her (Completed)

By WatersAnna

He pulls me fiercely to his chest and I hug him back. He pulls away after what seems like an eternity and I r... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 17

14.2K 549 20
By WatersAnna

I decide on a simple pair of denim jeans and a floral top for the dinner at the West house. Dad returned ten minutes ago and so I have to get dressed. I tie my hair up in a pony with my bangs draped on the side. Keeping it simple, I go down the stairs and watch television till dad is ready. Dad returns from his room in the following 10 minutes and we both leave. We ring the bell at the West house and Mr. West is the one that answers.

"Oh hello Mr. Collin. Please come in." He says ushering me and dad inside.

"Hello Mr.West. Thanks for having us here." Dad says in courteous tone.

"Not a problem. How are you?"

"I'm great and what about you?"

"I'm good too. And Samantha, how's school going?" Mr. West then asks me with a smile and we all settle down on the sofa.

"It's going great Mr. West, though some subjects give me goosebumps," I say honestly and my dad and Mr. West both laugh a little. Della comes in with a tray of water and sits beside Mr. West.

"I'm so glad you both came. How is Mrs.Collins now?" Della asks.

"Andrea is quite better, no progress though but nothing bad too. So we are keeping our fingers crossed." Dad answers

"Of course. I hope she revives soon." Della replies sincerely.

"Sammy!" I hear Noah squeal happily as he comes towards us. I smile and stand up, taking him in my arms.

"Hey Noah. What's up buddy?" I ask ruffling his hair. He loops his legs around my waist giggling.

"I just hid bubba's t-shirt whit he was going to weal because he toot my candy today." He says mischief twinkling in his eyes. I laugh at his innocence.

"And where did you hide it?" I ask and his brows furrow. He leans in closer to my ear and whispers too loudly.

"Under his bed." He says seriously and almost everyone stifles a laugh. I nod in mock seriousness to him and he beams.

"It's oul sheeclet okay Sammy. Don't tell anyone." He says in a serious, hushed tone.

"Sure, Noah. Top secret." I say making a zipping up my lips gesture.

"But what if your bubba decides to wear another one?" I ask and his eyes go wide in realization.

"Oh no. I should have hidden all his t-shirts." He says sadly, slamming his palm on his forehead and I laugh on the inside. He is too cute.

"Don't worry. Now that you know, you can hide them all next time." I say and his eyes light up again. I realize that Noah is a very lively boy and finds happiness even in the simplest of things.

Dad and Mr.Collins immerse in a deep conversation since they just learned that their companies often collaborate with each other. Della and I too are busy talking. She is instructing me about some simple dishes that I could make while Noah is playing. Della is really concerned about what kind of food I and dad eat and I really appreciate it. I nod and try to remember as much as I can though I can always ask Della again. A thumping of steps is heard as Xavier descends from the staircase. He shoots me a smirk and I roll my eyes slightly.

"Good evening everyone. How do you do Mr.Collins?" He says extending his hand to my father and he takes it immediately, shaking hands with him.

"I'm doing great. How are you doing kid?" Dad answers.

"I'm fine too. Hello, Samantha. What's up?" He says now looking at me and I fake a smile in politeness.

"Hey Xavier," I say dryly. He is wearing a dark red t-shirt with gray track pants and even then he looks devilishly good-looking. He sits on the sofa opposite me and starts small talk with dad.

"Xavier, dear why don't you show Samantha the house?" Della says after a while and I almost blurt out a 'No' but stop myself in time. Again the facade of Xavier is back and he asks.

"Sure mom. Would you accompany me Sam?" He says politely but I can see the slight smirk forming. Why does he smirk so much? Like seriously.

"Of course." I play along and stand up. Noah follows us too but Della stops him. I find that odd but follow Xavier anyway. He shows me the room where his dad and his paintings hang. They are all segregated. I admire each of them. They don't look like professional ones but they are still very pretty. I come across a painting which is a very beautiful place probably situated in a forest area.

It's the most detailed paintings in all of the paintings I saw previously. It's a place surrounded by trees and only the place in the center is a clear brownish-green patch of land. Twigs and leave and creepers are entwined on the trees and all the small bushes around. There are two birds flying in the sky and a small nest is painted the tree on the left. There are three-four wooden square cut outs in the center which are high enough to make a comfortable seat. The place looks simply breathtaking and my mouth opens in awe.

"Its beautiful," I say without realizing.

"Made by the re-incarnation of Picasso-Xavier West," Xavier says smugly and I'm actually considering complimenting his talent but then that will be feeding his already infinite size ego so I decide against it. I pull out my tongue and walk away to the next one. After I see all of them, I'm really impressed.

"Your dad is quite talented," I say to Xavier as we move towards his room.

"Yeah. He was the one I acquired the liking for painting from." He says and I nod.

We enter his room and I look around. His room is colored with light blue walls and is quite messy. His cupboard door is ajar and there are sports magazines scattered all around. The video game in the corner is a tangled mess of wires. The walls have pictures of a Lamborghini and Ferrari. I can say like many other boys, he is very into cars. I see a gray car on the wall beside the window and I admire how classically beautiful it is.

"Which car is that?" I ask and Xavier looks to the picture I'm referring.

"That's the Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita. Swedish manufactured." He says dreamily.

"And what's so special about it?" I ask now curious.

"It's literally coated with diamonds, first thing and second, it has many incredible features." He says and I nod in appreciation.

"It sure is a beauty."

"Yes. Will be mine one day." He says and I laugh.

"Sure, a toy model," I retort and he rolls his eyes.

"No Sammy. A real one, and then I won't take you for a ride."

"Really? Real one? Then you will steal it probably. Because I don't really see how you will own it!" I say aiming at his huge ego.

"You are underestimating me, Sammy. I have my eyes set on my goal." He says proudly.

"Oh, doesn't your huge ego come in your way?" I say smirking and he smirks back.

"You're just jealous because I said I wouldn't let you ride in the Trevita."

"Not even interested West. The last thing I would want to do is ride with you." I scoff and retort.

"Jokes apart Sam. Why were you so flustered in math class today?" He asks suddenly serious and I jolt mentally. This was unexpected. I never thought he would ask this. That too out of the blue.

"Um because I was running and I reached late," I say smartly but a bit too late and Xavier catches that.

"Really? And what about the scene in the hallway with that guy?" He asks accusingly and I look away.

"That was just a spat with my friend. No big deal." I say

"It sure didn't look like that. What about the nickname? Do all your friends call you that?" He says again and I feel angry.

"Why are you bothered with this? It's my life. I don't see how that concerns you." I snap a bit rude and go down the stairs. Xavier is soon behind me and we reach near the sofa.

"I was about to call you kids. Let's go for dinner. It's all set and ready." Della says and everyone stands up.

"Um, Della is there anything I can help you with?" I ask and Della shakes her head.

"No, darling. The table is ready. Yes but you can definitely help yourself with the food." She smiles and everyone smiles too.

We all sit at the table which is laid out with many delicious dishes. I start with the tasty grilled chicken and savor the amazing taste. Xavier is seated on the opposite side of mine and Della is beside me. We occasionally steal glances at each other while having dinner but apart from that, there is no conversation. But rest everyone is chattering so I and Xavier speak at times too. The dinner goes extremely well, especially for dad and he looks quite happy. We finish the dinner and then dad takes our leave.

"The food was amazing. Thank you, Simon and Della for having us here." He says while we depart.

"The pleasure was all ours. I will definitely look forward to another dinner like this." Mr.West replies and they shake hands. I smile and we turn to leave.

"Samantha," Xavier calls and I turn around. Della and Simon go inside the house and dad gestures me to come when I'm done.

"Yeah?" I ask Xavier and he looks down once before speaking again.

"I'm sorry for today. I didn't mean to meddle in your life. It wasn't right for me to ask you those questions." He says and I instantly feel bad for snapping at him.

"No Xavier. I should be the one apologizing. I snapped too rudely at you. I'm sorry." I say and he smirks after a few moments.

"I know you can't stay away from me Sammy. Don't worry, our friendship won't be affected. You are forgiven as I have a big heart." He winks and I roll my eyes at his reappeared ego.

"Who said we are friends?" I ask, folding my arms.

"Oh, I know we are. No need for anyone to say." He says and I just shake my head.

"You are too annoying," I state.

"But hot as hell too. You forgot that." He says and I smile lightly.

"Goodnight Xavier." I shake my and turn to leave.

"Goodnight Sammy." I hear his voice as I shut his door and move towards my house.

Yaayy!! The longest chapter I have written so far. I hope you guys liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment. Also I found some flaws in the way I write so it will all be rectified in the next chapter. Keep reading:-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 68.2K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...
30.3K 586 40
"What? Xavier can't handle the fact of how De-" Xavier cut me off by choking me and backing me into the wall. My heart was beating out my chest, and...
383K 14.1K 47
So what you think Xavier would do now? Like me you people would have read many stories in which hero is the one to trap the woman he wants in a marri...
243K 6K 55
'HOLY SHIT!' Madalyne takes a deep breath when she realizes what just happened. She feels hot and bothered but at the same time confused; how can a s...