BrEakOut ThE RuLEz Spanking S...

Od Psparkle022

Lieutenant commandant Steve McGarrett is the current leader of the well known Hawaii 5-0 task force, dedicate... Více

Introducing BTR
Chapter 1: How it all began
Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.1
Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.2
Chapter 3: The calm before the storm
Chapter 4: Not my daughter but my sister
Chapter 5: The mysterious texts
Chapter 6: How far would you go?
Chapter 7: Dangerous roads
Chapter 8: Paying the price
Chapter 9: Putting the mess behind
Chapter 10: Friend or foe
Chapter 11: Life adjustments
Chapter 12: Dealing with the problem
Chapter 13: It won't lead you anywhere good
Chapter 14: Catching waves and earning a date
Chapter 15: Hiding secrets
Chapter 16: A short walk on the beach
Chapter 17: Opening up
Chapter 18: Early mornings
Chapter 19: First date
Chapter 20: First encounter
Chapter 21: One of many fears
Chapter 22: Broken trust
Chapter 24: That guy
Chapter 25: The boat trip
Chapter 26: Being a guardian
Chapter 27: The threat
Chapter 28: Being sick
Chapter 29: The one in charge
Chapter 30: An outfit change
Chapter 31: Occupational hazards
Chapter 32: A reckless moment
Chapter 33: Life changes
Chapter 34: Not going back
Chapter 35: Please don't leave me
Chapter 36: Without her
Chapter 37: The settle
Chapter 38: The trial
Chapter 39: Breaking point
Chapter 40: My babygirl
Chapter 41: The final countdown
Epilogue

Chapter 23: Facing fears and a first wave

3.8K 62 6
Od Psparkle022

Steve's POV

We finally found something to link the Yakuza suspects to our dead body in the trunk of that car. We sent several SWAT squads to search for these rats in a few abandoned houses we knew the Yakuza use as hidding spots. Me and Danny went with a group and Chin and Kono with another. Since these guys were dangerous people, we were all wearing vests and had our eyes wide open. Of course they were waiting for us.

Some of them tried to flee, but it was useless. We had the place surrounded and they were going nowhere. One of them, the boss I assume tried to confront me. Bad idea dude. It took me seconds to tear him down and cuff him. Just when I was on my knees cuffing that guy and reading him his Miranda rights I heard a gunshot right behind my head. My heart stopped beating for a second that seemed like an hour to me until I turned around and saw Danny. I turned my head to the other side and saw a Yakuza falling with a bullet in his chest.

-Damn. Thanks Danno. You saved my life, I said getting up, still staring at that dead guy.

-Yeah well. I'm getting used to watch over you all the time, he smirked at me and I rolled my eyes in response.

-Hmp yeah, because I've never saved your life before, I said while grabbing my cuffed suspect to take him to the police truck. I was having a conversation with this one later. For now I just wanted to go home and see my sister.

Between the interrogation and all the paperwork I was forced to do before I leave the central, I came back home really late. I wasn't expecting to find Jill up at this time, since Cath left hours ago. Yet that's exactly how I found her when I crossed the hall. Laying on the couch, watching tv with her eyes wide open. She greeted me and I sat down next to her.

-Jill, don't you think it's a bit late for you?, I asked her half scolding, half worried for her.

-I know, but I wasn't sleepy you know, she said turning the tv off and stretching her arms.

-Well you're clearly sleepy now. Come on, go to sleep, I said kissing her forehead.

She got up walking to her room while I entered into the kitchen and found it... absolutely clean. Spotless. I had two theories to explain that phenomenon: one, in the middle of her sleeplessness attack, she cleaned up every inch of this kitchen. Or two, most likely she didn't have dinner at all, so if the kitchen looks exactly as I left it this morning is because nobody actually used it. Yep, that sounds like the most certain theory to me.

I knocked her door and waited for an answer when she opened it herself. Her whole face was already telling me what I wanted to know.

-Tell me, did you eat anything Jill?, I asked her raising an eyebrow.

-It depends. I ate lots of stuff, she said shrugging her shoulders, trying to change the subject. Smartass.

-I mean if you had something for dinner. Did you?, I asked again when I noticed she started to get nervous.

-Well... not exactly to tell you the truth, she admitted looking down.

-You said you'd had dinner with Cath, I said staring at her with my arms folded.

-Yeah well she did came, but I told her I wasn't in the mood for company. She made me promise her that I'd have something to eat. It's not her fault.

-Oh, I know that. So that means you didn't have anything to eat in the whole day?

-Well, not the whole day. I mean I ate... some stuff, she tried to lie to me.

-Yeah sure you did. Come on, you gotta eat something, I said not believing a word she just said.

-Steve, I'm not in the mood, ok? I couldn't eat before because I was worried about you, alright? Now I'm... just not hungry.

-I'm here now, you have nothing to worry about. Which it means that you're having something to eat now, I said wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

It had no use to argue with me, much less at that time. I was exhausted, but I was able to manage myself to prepare two tuna sandwiches. I just couldn't understand how could she spend the whole day eating nothing. I just spend a couple hours without anything in my stomach, and I'm dying for a bite. Well she actually ate something after all.

-I see you finished the whole pot of ice cream by yourself, I said while taking a bite of my sandwich. I wasn't surprised after all. She has a serious ice cream addiction.

-Yeah I know, she said sitting on the counter with the same pain expression as usual, God! When am I gonna learn?

She had jumped down and was rubbing on her sore backside as I was smirking at my sister.

-Soon I hope, I joked while eating my sandwich.

-Ha ha, you're so funny Steven. By the way, thanks for the sorry ice cream. You didn't have to.

-I guess I could have handled the situation better this morning. It's just that I'm used to be with people that are already familiar with my work situation and all that, but the truth is that it's understandable you reacted the way you did. Now, what you did after that...

-Yes I know. Unacceptable. After that I found the sorry ice cream, and I just felt... like a terrible person.

-Everyone can make a mistake. The important thing is not to make the same mistake twice, that way you'll learn. Take for example you trying to sit down on the counter after a pretty tough spanking. The second you realize you just made the same mistake twice makes you feel stupid, doesn't it?, I said while laughing. It was a very good example to tell you the truth. It perfectly made my point across.

-"Pretty" tough one? Are you kidding? You almost killed me!, she said me next, overreacting as usual.

-What a baby you are, I said setting our plates in the sink to start washing them. Nobody dies for a spanking after all.

-No I'm not. Have you ever tried your own belt brother?, she said folding her arms and looking at me.

-Actually yes, I did. Of course not my own belt, but when I was a teen dad gave me a belting one time, I said while washing the dishes.

-You? Him? Really?, she said not trusting my words.

She didn't know what I was like when I was a teen. My life changed when my parents split up and, above anything, with Jillian's birth. I made a major change when I first met baby Jill, and I realized I needed to be more responsible from then on, since my mom was definitely not to be the responsible one.

-Yeah well, I was pretty stupid by then, I said trying not to give her many details. The last thing I want is her getting ideas from me and then excusing herself "you did it too!". Not gonna happen.

-Wow. I can't imagine dad doing something like that. His face is so... I don't know. Calmed and sweet, I think.

-How would you know?, I said once I heard a click in my head. How did Jill know how my father looked like? He took off long time before she was borned.

-I found a picture of mom and dad between her stuff there in Boston, long time ago. He was in the army, just like you were. He didn't look like a guy who'd spank his kids though.

-So if that's the case, how does my face looks like?, I joked trying to change the subject. It was awkward to talk about my dad, knowing that it's not her dad as well. It makes me wonder where her real father is.

-I'm not answering that question. I have the right to remain silent, she said with a giggle and I looked at her like "what?". Probably she's been picking up words from watching police shows.

-Yeah well, too much tv for one night. You better go to sleep, I said while kissing the top of her head.

-Like... in my bed? Geez, that doesn't sound good, she said looking away with a smile.

-You can sleep in my bed, but I want my shirt back someday!

-Yeah, yeah. Someday Stevie, she said while going to my room. Hmp, well I had to at least try to get it back, but it was a definite goodbye to my favorite shirt.

When I was done with the kitchen, I walked straight to my bedroom. Surprisingly, Jill wasn't occupying the whole bed as she usually does, so I was able to find a place to sleep the few hours I had left. I wasn't in the mood not even for changing my clothes, so I woke up next morning with the same shirt and pants I had on last night. Whatever, all my clothes are comfortable anyway.

What I did had was a terrible headache. I haven't been feeling well these days, and I was afraid I'd get sick at some point. I couldn't do much about it anyway. I couldn't stay in bed and rest all day long. I had work to do, including waking my sister up.

-Hey babygirl, wake up, I said gently shaking her body, as she made the same routine of everyday. Turned around and covered her head with the sheets.

-Five more minutes, she mumbled while taking the closest pillow and covering her head with it.

-Either you get up or I carry you to the kitchen, I said while standing up next to her, and since she didn't even make an effort to move, I grabbed her in my arms and put her over my shoulder. Seriously, she's taking advantage of this. I guess I should do more thinking when it comes to my threats. Somehow, they don't seem to bother her at all.

-So how long until your brain wakes up?, I joked looking at my sister half sleeping on the kitchen table, with her cereal in front.

-Mmmhm, she mumbled while eating her cereal.

I rolled my eyes. I know we went to bed really late last night, but I haven't slept in days and I'm not even half whining as she is. Besides, it was her choice to stay up at that time.

-I told you it was late last night, but you didn't listen to me, I said scooping some cereal in my mouth.

-I'm not awake enough for a scolding Steve, she grumbled laying her head on top of her folded arms over the table as I cleared my throat. I particulary dislike people doing that kind of things on the table.

-Come on, don't do that. That's rude, I said tapping my sister's shoulder. She didn't appreciate my lecture at that time in the morning, but that wasn't my problem.

-Ugh what is it? Scold your sister's day or something?, she said lifting her head to give me an annoyed look.

-First of all, I wasn't scolding you. Second of all, if you're moody because you didn't get to sleep enough, it's your own fault. Don't punish the rest of the world with your bad attitude, ok?

-I don't have a bad attitude. I'm just tired, she countered frowning her brows at me.

-If going late to bed puts you in such a bad mood, then I guess I'll just have to set a curfew to you. How does that sounds?, I said raising my eyebrows to her.

I knew she'd back out in a second, since the last thing she wants is more rules to follow. She's not really a rules follower, unlike me.

-Ok, ok. I'll behave I promise, she said dropping the attitude.

-And...?, I asked staring at her and she sighed.

-And I'll go to bed earlier. Happy?, she said folding her arms to me.

-Yes, pretty much, I said with a winner smile.

-So Stevie, now that you're not working on a case or anything, can we go to the beach or am I still in trouble?, she said giving me a very tempting smile.

She was so persuasive when she wanted to get something. Fortunately, I know exactly how far can I let her go.

-Honestly, I don't think you deserve it, I said and she lowered her look while I sighed, Yet I guess we can't waste this precious day staying inside, right?

I knew I was being a bit soft, but that wouldn't kill me for one day. Plus, I think she was sorry enough for what happened.

We grabbed our stuff and went straight to the beach. Since the day was amazing, it was crowded, so Jill spent half day staring at all the surfers in the sea, and practically begging me with her eyes to let her go. I wasn't sure yet honestly, and the situation wasn't ideal for her to push it, not after her big screw up yesterday. She seemed to notice it, so she said no more about it.

-You know. I fixed things with Zeth after all, she said after a few seconds of silence.

-Oh, that's... great I guess, He seems like a nice guy.

-He is. He's a really good guy, she said staring at the waves as well.

-And what about this Fred character?, I asked while glancing at her reaction. She just shrugged her shoulders, as if it wasn't a big deal.

-What about him?, she asked me back.

-You said he's very mean to you. Why's that?, I asked again trying to get some information.

-I don't really know. I guess he thinks I'm stupid because I'm younger, and that I need a babysitter and all that, but I told him he was wrong. I can take care of myself, even in the sea.

-If you say so..., I said without thinking. Oh shit, now I started a fight. How stupid I am for letting that slipping my lips.

-Excuse me?, she asked me right away, as if I'd just activated a time bomb.

-Nothing, but I'm not sure you can take care of yourself in the sea yet. You know, it's not easy, I said trying to be nice with her. I didn't want to give her an excuse to start a tantrum, but apparently my good attitude wasn't enough to calm her down.

-Yeah? Well you're wrong. I can perfectly take care of myself anywhere, she said frowning at me.

-Please Jill. You've been in the sea, what? One time? You think that's enough? Stop being so snobby and you might actually learn something, I said frowning at her as well.

-I don't need to learn anything. I can do it, she said standing up and putting her hands in her hips. She always do the same thing. It's not that I don't believe in her or anything, but she seems to think she has the world in her hands, and that she has everything under her control. Maybe she needed to face reality for one time.

-Ok, if you say so. If you think it's that easy, and that you're completely ready, go for it sis.

She hesitated for a second, but I knew she wouldn't back out. She grabbed the board in anger and I saw how she little by little started to get deeper and deeper into the sea. It didn't pass much time until I realized I was being a jackass. I wasn't gonna let her go there by herself, knowing she was still scared of this whole thing. The problem wasn't her surfing skills, because she really has a natural talent. The problem is that she says she's ready, but she doesn't feel like she's ready. She needed my support right now, and I wasn't gonna be so childish to leave her alone for a stupid fight. Maybe she needed to do this by herself, but that didn't mean I couldn't be by her side, cheering her up.

I finally got to where she was, just when she was sitting on her board, frozen, staring at the big waves with her eyes widen. I came closer to her, and even when she noticed my presence, she didn't turn her head to look at me.

-Don't worry Jill. You're gonna be fine, I said trying to calm her nerves down.

-I don't know... you were right Steve. I'm not ready. Let's head back, she said lowering her look.

-Come on Jill, we both know that's not true, I said and she looked at me, You can do this.

-Alright. I'm gonna do it, she smiled at me in excitement.

-Did you tied your ankle to the board?, I asked her before she leaves and she nodded her head, Then you're gonna be fine. Good luck.

Barely she paddled away from there, I had this impulse of following her, but I was able to control it. It was time for her to deal with this on her own, and if anything goes wrong, I'm here to help her. I was just hoping that wouldn't be necessary.

The wave she chose was maybe a bit harder than she could handle, but we're talking about Jill after all. Couldn't be another way, so she just went for it. I was pretty nervous while I was watching her, facing that wave that seemed huge compared to her tiny size. I watched her turn around, looked at me for a second and then in the perfect time she made the pop up. Wow, I was really impressed. It didn't look like her first time alone at all, she totally ruled that wave. Of course, she tripped at the end, but that's something really common. Since she was tied up to her board, I wasn't worried about it. That way she'll always find her way up to the surface.

Once she did, she climbed upon her board again and came closer to me. This time she wasn't scared or sad, she was wearing the biggest smile I've ever seen.

-I did it! I did it Stevie! Did you see me?

-Congratulations babygirl. You were awesome, really.

-Yay, it was so cool, she said before jumping over me, bringing us both to the water.

We were playing with the waves and laughing a lot, like we always do when we're having fun. I was so proud of my little sister, and I bet she learned that when you put your heart on something, you're always successful.

Of course after that one, she wanted to ride another one, and another one, and another one. She seemed to be having the time of her life, and as long as she's happy, so I was. I took the chance to ride a few waves myself. Long time since I've had the time to just surf and relax, so I had a good time too.

In the end, we were sitting on the warm sand, chatting, staring at the sunset. It was about time to go home, but honestly I don't get to enjoy this picture really often, so I said to myself "What the hell". At some point, our conversation turned about my case. I really didn't want to talk about it, but Jill kept on asking and asking. Why was it so important to her?

-It's not. It's just that... well I'd like to know what you've been up to these days, she said looking at me with her curious green eyes.

-Well there's not much I can tell you about that. It's confidential, you know.

I mean, it is confidential, but that wasn't the reason why I wasn't gonna tell her about it.

-You know Steve, you suck at lying. I already know why you don't wanna tell me, so...

-Really? And how do you know that much?, I asked her raising my eyebrow and she started having second thoughts. She started fidgeting, combing her hair nervously, clear signs of being busted.

-Maybe... I heard your conversation that morning. And I heard you were after some creepy gang, and they sounded dangerous.

-You were listening?, I growled.

Seriously, I can't have a phone conversation in peace in my own house.

-I know, I know I shouldn't had to. It was an accident, but I can't tell you how sick and worried I was when you left. Is it so hard to understand that I'm scared something happening to you?

She wrapped her arms around her knees and held them tight against her chest. I rubbed the back of my neck trying to think in something that finally lets her satisfy, but I couldn't find much. The thing is that I can't have her searching information of my cases, because it's dangerous for her, though I don't blame her for doing it.

-Look, I know you're worried about me. It's understandable, but I need you to trust me on this. I know what I'm doing, ok? And I also need you to stop digging into my work, because it could be dangerous.

-Fine. I'm sorry, but you know... you could let me out while you're not around, so I'll get distracted and won't think about what you're doing in that barely moment, she added with a simpatic smile. So weird, my sister trying to gain some advantage of the situation.

-I don't see that happening in a while Jill, I said while laying my back on the sand, enjoying the last minutes of sun.

-Come on Stevie. You know I'm sorry about what happened, she said looking down at me, trying to convince me.

-Yeah, well. It's clear that I can't leave you on your own. I need a guarantee that you'll keep yourself safe while I'm not around, I said easily rejecting her puppy eyes. I can tell she was pissed off because her charms weren't working.

-I have a belted backside Steven. How many guarantees you need besides that?

-You're sure that's enough?, I asked messing around with her.

-It's more than enough. Trust me, she said rolling her eyes.

-Well ask me when I leave. I'm here right now, I said sitting on the sand and putting a piece of her hair behind her ear.

-Not for long, apparently, she said when I heard my phone ringing. Yeah she wished. I picked up immediately when I saw Danny's name on the screen.

-McGarrett, I said and Jill let go a laughter. What's so funny about my lastname?

-Hey man.What are you doing?, he said in a tone that let me know it wasn't a work call.

-Hey. I'm just at the beach with Jill. We came to ride some waves and have fun, I said while giving my sister a winner smile. I wasn't going anywhere, at least not for work.

-Ok, listen. I was planning on taking Rachel and Gracie to a boat trip, and I thought it'd be fun for you to bring Cath and Jill too, let's say, tomorrow?

-Ummm sure, that sounds like a good plan. I'm sure she'll be excited about it, I said to him.

All of us, alone, in a boat, Jill away from Zeth... yeah. It was a good plan.

-You can tell her to bring her little "friend"...

-Bye Daniel, I said trying Jill not to hear that last part. Danny was capable of inviting him just to pissme off.

-Ok, Ok. Rude. I'll see you tomorrow, Danny said.

-See ya, I said before hanging up my phone.

Of course, barely I did, Jill jumped over me, bombing me with lots and lots of questions. Told you she'd be excited. I knew my sister like the back of my hand.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
4.7M 252K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
4M 195K 101
✅ "We always long for the forbidden things." 𝐝𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥 ↯ ⚔︎ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙɪɴᴇᴅ ⚔︎ ...