Like A Bullet [P.M.]

By arkham_fanboy

Love is like a bullet, and Pietro Maximoff wants to be shot. After surviving the incident in Sokovia, Pietro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 - Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 56

947 21 0
By arkham_fanboy

I woke up to an alarm blaring across my room. I didn't know what it was at first until I saw a small intercom in the corner of the room. I stared at it for some time until it stopped. I then threw a shoe at it, not leaving even a scratch on it. I threw myself back to bed, wiping my face. I looked to my side. Laurel was not there.

She left already.

I came to my senses and quickly brushed my teeth, tidied up, put on some fresh clothes and ran out the door. I immediately found everyone eating breakfast in the main hall. They all stared at me. I was late, as usual.

"Morning, roadrunner." Tony said, spreading butter onto some toast.

"Sorry I am late..." I said, walking towards the free seat.

"You don't have to excuse yourself at this point, Pietro." Cap smiled, taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Yeah..." I took a cup of coffee from the middle of the table and grabbed some sugar. I glanced at Laurel, who was eating oatmeal next to Nat.

"So, when are you leaving?" Wanda asked, setting her sight on Laurel.

"Um, whenever the Quinjet is ready." She replied, looking briefly at me then back at her bowl.

"Such a shame you cannot stay with us."

"Wanda." I interrupted, getting slightly annoyed.

"What? It is a shame."

"Shut up." I gripped the coffee mug handle, surprised that it didn't break.

"I do not want to argue, Pietro." Wanda's tone became serious.

"Clearly you do."

"Wanda, Pietro, stop. We don't need fighting in the team." Cap interrupted, standing off his chair. "Whatever the problem is, fix it."

"That is going to be difficult. Pietro is very stubborn."

"Wanda, if another insulting word comes out of your mouth, I am going to-"

"Pietro, don't." Laurel interrupted, joining the ever growing conversation.

"Excuse me." Wanda got up and left the hall. An awkward silence followed her departure.

"What is going on between you two?" Banner asked, setting his elbows on the table.

"Nothing. Just small bickering between siblings." I smiled, taking a bite off my sandwich.

"Take care of it. We don't need arguments in the middle of missions." Cap said, signaling me to go to Wanda.

"Fine." I stood up, grabbed my coffee, and went to Wanda's room.

I knocked three times on her door, waiting for some kind of answer.

"If it is Pietro, go away before I make you relive your worst nightmares."

"You promised you would never do that to me." I whispered, leaning against the door.

"I will make an exception."

"Wanda, open the door. Please." I stood there for a few seconds before I heard the doorknob rattle and eventually open.

"Look, Pietro... You were-"

"Wanda, you are right. I have been spending too much time away from my responsibilities and away from the Avengers. This is my job and as much as Laurel makes me happy, I cannot ignore who I am. I cannot ignore all the lives that need saving." I stared into Wanda's eyes. "I am not going on that trip. I am going to stay here and do my job. I am going to be by your side."

"God, you are so stupid. Pietro, I am wrong. Laurel makes you happy, and she gives you love. I am not going to deny you love. I was just a tad jealous that you have been spending more time with her than with me. Please understand that it is your life. You decide what you are going to do with it and who you are going to spend it with. Laurel is obviously the woman for you. She makes you happy and happiness is what I have always wanted for you. Just know that I will always be your sister and I will always be there for you." She pulled me into a hug, with me still confused as to what had just happened.

"Uh, so you are saying that I am right?"

"Yes, Pietro. That is what I just said."

"And I can go on the Italy trip?"

"If it makes you happy. I will cover for you with the Avengers. I heard there is a new guy wanting to join us. I think he controls an-"

"Oh, thank you, Wanda! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I hugged her tightly and kissed her several times on her cheek.

"Yes, yes, now go to Laurel and tell her you are going with her." Wanda pushed me out of her room and I made my way back to the main hall. Everyone was already gone, the table was clean, and there was no sign of Laurel. I looked around as I started to get nervous. I ran across the whole building until I reached the Quinjet hangar and saw Laurel mounting one.

"Hey!" I yelled, running towards her. "Were you leaving without telling me?"

"I need to leave now if I want to pack for Italy. You were busy with Wanda and I didn't want to interrupt." She placed her hands on my cheeks. "But you're here now. Goodbye, Pietro." She went to place a kiss on my lips but I stopped her.

"There is no need for goodbyes. I am coming with you to Italy." I smiled.

"No way."

"Yes way."

"You're kidding! Oh my God!" Laurel wrapped her arms around my neck with a huge smile on her face.

"Wait for me. I am going to go pack." I turned to run back to my room but Laurel grabbed my arm before I could do so.

"Wait, how did you fix things with Wanda?"

"She agreed with me. You make me happy and all she has ever wanted is my happiness. As soon as we return from Italy, I will devote my time to Wanda and the Avengers."

"Okay, glad you two came to an understanding. Go pack." She smiled at me, releasing her grip.

I ran back to the room and emptied my whole closet full of new clothes Tony had bought for me. I took all the bags and suitcases I could find and stuffed the clothes in there. We were going to be in Italy for two weeks. Better be goddamn dressed well. I then took all the bags and suitcases, and left my room. Wanda stood there, watching me close my door.

"Be careful over there, alright?" She muttered, levitating all my bags for me.

"I will." I chuckled, putting my arm over her. We walked towards the hangar. "And do not worry. When I return, I will devote my time to you and the Avengers."

"If it is what you want." She slightly smiled.

"It is."

"Alright, so make sure to take your toothbrush. You always forget. And do not forget to always be vigilant of your belongings. You do not want to lose any-"

"Wanda."

"Yes?"

"I get it. I am not a kid anymore. You are my sister, not my mother."

"Yes, well, someone has got to tell you these things. I will let Laurel know of the Pietro Precautions."

"Pietro Precautions?"

"Just go." She placed a kiss on my cheek and moved all my stuff onto the Quinjet. She released and I waved goodbye. But as I ascended the ramp, I stopped and turned back to grab Wanda into a tight hug.

"I love you, Wanda."

"I love you too. Be safe." She patted my shoulder and pushed me onto the Quinjet. She stepped back as the engines roared and the jet ascended into the air. As it made it's way to the open air, I caught a glimpse of Wanda waving goodbye before the Quinjet blasted towards New York City.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 2.5K 12
The BAU from the FBI is called to investigate mysterious murders that have been happening in Barstow lately. When they're there Spencer Reid finds th...
220K 5.4K 40
Book One in the Lies Series {Avengers Fan fiction} Keight comes from a troubled past but that doesn't stop her from fitting into her fancy art school...
739K 22.3K 10
In which her coworkers finally force her to speak to the cute boy that gives her heart eyes every morning when he grabs his coffee, and things turn o...
76.1K 1.7K 33
"𝕀 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕀'𝕞 𝕕𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘" "𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕓𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕦𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕖" ...