♡ꜱᴛᴀʏ ʙʏ ᴍʏ ꜱɪᴅᴇ♡

By RomanticFeminist

He is a Soldier She is a doctor. He is rude. She is sweet. He finds solace i... More

Characters
Shergills And Mahajans
Attack On Mahaajans
Back to Chase Dreams
Intruder
The Change
Breakfast By Mr. Shergill
Strange Feeling
Oh My Poor Fate!!
Never Commit Without Knowing
MISUNDERSTANDINGS
VAN MANUS
KARAN LEAVES
ON THE DOOR OF HELL!!
Monami's last Day??
PARTY IN JUNGLE
DEAL!!
Not an Update ;)
First day's First Fight
Cold Wars
Loosing All Possession
Midnight Noodles
Ignorance
Not My Girlfriend
Irritated
The Nonexisting Proposel
Karan To Settle Scores
Monami The Chef
What's Cooking Up??
That Stubborn Ape
This Room Is Different
SURPRISE
Everyone Needs This Kind Of Friends
What Is Happening
I'm A Whole Mess.
In Two Days!!
Disappointments!!
Shopping
Street Hooligan
Love Birds?
Rings or Handcuffs
Loving Fiance
Proving Love
Sweet Disaster
Ocean Of Embarrassment
Unlike Of Him
Unholy Thoughts About Unholy Memories
Exhausted
The Day Of Doom
Friend As A Life Partner
Can I Just Die??
Who'll Be Rulling??
The Hurt
Haunting Thoughts!!
End Of The Happy Days
Hungry, OF FOOD??
Cooking Class
Wedding Treat
Ruthlessness
Ignored Issues
Empty Parts
The Mission
Where It All Started
A Wrong Guess
Ways To Kill
The Past
Dramatic, Tragic, Foolish
Regretting Being Late
Sweet Words, Sharp Slashes
Like A Queen
Empty Canvas
Black Queen
Cinderella
Sweet Trouble
Responsibilities
The Old Friend
The Basement
For You
Announcement
Forever
EPILOGUE

Show Time

1.5K 122 10
By RomanticFeminist

Monami

A loud shot rang in the room and I waited for the pain and blood to engulf me, but it never did. Instead, I was pulled aside by a strong hold and I looked up as the person winced.

"Karan!! " I yelped as blood soaked his white shirt.

" Are you okay? " He instead asked me, pulling into his chest protectively.

"Oh, The Bodyguard is here too. Or should I call the husband." Mayra asked with a smirk. While I checked his arm, fortunately the bullet just passed, hitting him slightly.

" What the ever fuck suits you BITCH!! " I yelled at her before throwing the nearest chair towards her.

"Calm down women. He is not dead, " She said dodging it with an entertained expression "Yet!! " She completed and blood boiled into my veins.

I was about to pull out my own gun that I had asked Sahil to get me and hid it in my gown before approaching footsteps caught all the attention and I postponed my plan for some minutes.

" Where's Dad?? " Mayra asked the man who handed her the papers.

" He asked you to get these signs, there was a man intruding into the palace. He's handling him. " His words made me frown and I met my gaze with Karan.

We were standing unfazed here, relying on the fact that they can't kill us before I and Karan sign the property papers.

"Where's Suraj Uncle?? " I whispered to him.

" I saw him leaving the palace." He said and I frowned.

It was strange of him to leave us in this disaster to handle alone but relieving at the same time to not having another loved once in danger.

"Here." My trance was broken by my bitchy sister who forwarded me some documents and papers."Sign them and you can run to save your ass. " She said as if these were the most normal words.

"Over my dead body. " Karan snatched and threw the papers away and gave her death glares.

" Gladly brother-in-law, if your sign was not needed too. " She said, pulling the possible upset face. "But the situation can be modified to, 'before my dead body' " She said the last words leaning close to me and my hands instantly went to my gun before it was against her temple.

"You need us to be alive, I , FUCKING, DON'T " I chewed the words and spat on her face making her breath to hitch.

Her retort was halfway when a gunshot rang and all eyes fled towards the new entry. My heart sank at the sight in front of me.

"Sid? " I could only manage to whisper his name dreadfully as I saw him at the gunpoint of Sahas.

Yes. SAHAS. He doesn't deserve to be called respectfully anymore.

"Monu!! " He whispered back in concern as his eyes started to moisten.

"Fuck!! " I heard an angry but helpless grunt beside me.

I instantly ran towards Sid but Mayra pulled me back from my hair harshly. "Stop with this melodrama. "

"Ahh!! " I winced in pain before Karan threw her hand away and pulled me into his arms.

"Do not fucking dare to lay a finger on her again and you won't have them anymore. " He gritted through his teeth, throwing daggers at her. She rolled eyes in answer, only.

"Sign the damn papers Monami and get lost." Sahas said in a bored tone.

" Keep dreaming. " I snapped my head towards him when my eyes fell on those men who came with Sahas. One of them was the same that was ordered to dig the garden area by Mayra and he was now holding an ancient golden box of a medium size covered in mud. The men were standing near the exit of the terrace.

'What could be inside that which Grandpa entrusted to me??' I thought to myself.

" Don't forget Monami, I need you two alive, not this bastard. I wouldn't mind killing another person out of fun only. " He said glaring into my eyes and the scene from eight years ago flashed in my head.

Blood!!

Mom!!

Dad!!

My heart ached at the memory and eyes filled with hatred for this man who has snatched everything from me. I won't let him snatch my Sid.

Sid's hands were tied with a rope and I knew that I've very short time to do something before they got their hands on me and Karan.

Sahas threw Sid towards Mayra as she was walking near the exit,eying that box but she halted near them and put the gun on Sid's temple while choking his neck with her arm.

I greeted my teeth. I didn't know what to do?? Indeed, Karan and I had guns. And I waited to get myself free to use it but then Karan appeared and I fell weak and now Sid. I don't want to take any risk.

Sahas walked up towards me with the documents when my eyes fell behind him to the wall where Sahil stood hidden, scanning the situation. I regained a little confidence when our eyes met and I signalled him to look down. Fortunately he did and I showed him three fingers telling him to act on three. He understood and nodded.

All the eyes were trained towards us and I knew Sahil wasn't alone. They can take all these men at least. I showed my first finger with my hand still down,

Then Second

I prepared my fist to punch the murderer in front of me but Before I could give him the final go, a loud slap echoed in the air. All heads snapped towards Myra and Sid where now had an addition of a person who had already snatched Mayra's gun and after a slap she was now in the chokehold of Koel. My eyes went wide seeing her here but had to compose myself when all of their men pointed guns towards her. Sid was on one side coughing badly to regain his senses.

" Put these toys down if you don't want your mistress's brain ripped out of her head. " She said in a determined voice which Sahas took as a joke as he laughed.

Poor man!!

"Stop the bullshit women. You wouldn't be able to handle one rough hold and would start crying" He mocked and a smirk spread on her lips before she pulled the trigger, pointing the gun towards Sahas. A loud whine filled the air as the bullet passed through his left arm not giving a chance of thinking to anyone.

" Were you thinking of giving that rough hold with this same hand or the other?? I mean, I can mend my mistakes." She smirked while pointing the gun towards his right arm.

I instantly looked towards Sahil and nodded as a final go before gunshots prevailed in the air. Some guards even jumped down from that secret room's roof and attacked Sahas's men. I ran towards Sid without thinking twice and hugged him.

"You Fucking dare touching my friend?? " Koel shouted near Mayra's ear and she physically flinched.

"Leave me Bitch!! " Mayra screamed.

Sid stepped to hug me but slapped him instead. "What the fuck were you thinking?? " He froze at my reaction and next I jumped on him hugging.

"Are you okay Monu?? " He asked, lacing his arms around me and I hummed in answer.

"I should be the one getting these hugs motherfuckers. I saved all of your asses. " Koel's bored tone made us look at her before chuckling.

My head suddenly whipped around searching for a particular face who didn't appear to be busy in any action scene at the moment. My eyes found him near the exit, standing calmly , as if we weren't at gunpoint some minutes ago, inspecting that box.

In the next few minutes we all were in the living area with Mayra and Sahas tied on the chairs, four guards around them in an alert position. Others were inside to search the Palace for any hidden danger. We can't trust that he hasn't hidden men in the Palace for backup.

A loud voice of slurping echoed and I looked at the Koel who was carelessly laying on the couch with her wine glass. I rolled my eyes towards her as Sid scrunched his nose. Karan was still looking at that box which was finally cleaned now.

" I didn't think you would be this careless. " He commented looking at me.

"We were being attacked for God's sake, Karan. " He's been taunting me for the last fifteen minutes for losing that key.

"C'mon!! It wasn't that grave. " He commented and I snorted.

"Of course you didn't find it grave. Otherwise you wouldn't be standing there so carefree. " I retorted with a glare.

"Are you accusing me of not saving you?? " He raised a brow.

" Maybe. " I mumbled looking here and there.

"C'mon Karan. Don't you know your wife is a sucker for romance novels. She was expecting some heroic act from you to save her. " Sid spoke with amusement in his eyes.

" But this wasn't some fictional story. So I preferred sense over imagination. " He said in a serious tone.

" You?? What did you do?? " I asked with a frown.

"How do you think I and those guards were there at the exact time? This big ass Palace is like a maze to find you guys easily. " This time Koel spoke up.

" What do you mean?? " Sid asked, as confused as me.

"I was about to get caught with this duffer but Karan saved me. Then tracked you down and told me the plan. " Koel explained, making my eyes widen.

"Tracked me?? But my phone wasn't with me. How did you… ???" I trailed off for him to complete.

" There's a tracker in your pendant. " He said and my eyes widened even more, remembering the morning incident when he pecked my lips before leaving.

" RaniSa!! " Sahil entered and forwarded that ancient key towards me before bowing and stepping back. Koel choked on her drink.

"Rani Sa?? " She repeated with a frown towards me.

" Please stop calling me that." I ignored her question and turned towards Sahil.

"I'm sorry, I can't. You have no Idea how much we people have waited for you to come back. " He said with lots of respect in eyes.

"Why?? I mean, I didn't do anything to get this much respect. Damn!! Jaipur people didn't even know that I existed, be it eight years ago or now. " I said, expressing my disappointment towards myself.

" It's the respect for this throne and the words of Bade Hukum Sa and his lineage. He chose you for us, there must be something special about you. "

Just his blood!!

I bit the words back to not stretch the conversation anymore.

Karan's phone rang and he answered before staring at it for a moment. "Hello?? "

We all looked at him as his expression changed from confusion to shock to serious as he looked at Sahil behind me.

"Have you checked every part of the Palace? Is there anything that we need to be alert about? " He asked.

"Yes Sir. Everything is clear. "

Karan nodded before repeating the same words on the call before disconnecting it and walking towards the kitchen.

We all saw him talking to Aparna Baisa and her expressions were also of sheer shock before she nodded and ran upstairs.

"What is happening?! " I asked as he walked back.

" Take them in the basement and lock it. " He ignored my question and told Sahil while eying unconscious Sahas and the glaring-Mayra.

Sahil nodded and with the help of others took that father daughter duo from there.

" Give me the key. "  He forwarded his hand and I handed the key to him then walked beside him towards the couch.

He placed that Star-Fitted-Coin in the keyhole of the box and twirled it before the box opened with a click. My mouth dropped at the object inside it.

" Pendrive?? " I mumbled in confusion but soon all the attention got diverted  towards the voices of ambulances Outside.

We all stared at the door while Karan walked outside telling us to stay here.

Doctors, Nurses, Ward boys and guards came in the rush inside with all of their equipment. It seemed as if they were shifting the hospital right here. The next was a bed with an old man laying on it in the oxygen mask, Suraj Uncle walking beside it.

My mind was in haze when they came near that bed and suddenly, My heart thudded loudly in my chest seeing the face of the person on that bed.

"Grandpa?? "

—---♡—---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 2.4K 21
All she believed is love and all she wanted was a married life with the person who loved her. Ended up getting married to a person, she loved, and ca...
374K 11.8K 46
Little did she knew that her father married a women, named kalyani. And also a little 5 year kiddo can understand what? She was 5 when her mom, left...