๐ฌ๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž...

By httptonkin

[BOOK ONE] [ EDITING SOME CHAPTERS ] After 90 years of running, it had to come to an end. She found herself i... More

00 . cast and playlist
chapter 1 ; 2x08
chapter 2; 2x08
chapter 3; 2x09
chapter 4; 2x10
chapter 5; 2x11
chapter 6; 2x15
chapter 7; 2x17
chapter 8; 2x18
chapter 9; 2x19
chapter 10; 2x20
chapter 11; 2x21
chapter 12; 2x22
act ii; season 3
chapter 13; 3x01
chapter 14; 3x02
chapter 15; 3x03
chapter 16; 3x04
chapter 17; 3x05
chapter 18; 3x08
chapter 19; 0x00
chapter 20; 3x13
chapter 21; 3x14
chapter 22; 3x15
chapter 23; 3x16
chapter 24; 3x18
chapter 25; 3x20
chapter 26; 3x21
chapter 27; 3x22
act iii; season 4
chapter 28; 4x01
chapter 29; 4x03
chapter 30; 4x05
chapter 31; 4x06
chapter 32; 4x07
chapter 33; 4x08
chapter 34; 4x09
chapter 35; 4x10
chapter 36; 4x11
chapter 37; 4x12
chapter 38; 4x13
chapter 39; 0x00
chapter 40; 4x16
chapter 41; 4x17
update: pls read (vvv important)
chapter 43; 4x19
chapter 44; 4x20

chapter 42; 4x18

1.2K 24 23
By httptonkin

mad hatter-melanie martinez
"so what if i'm crazy? the best people are."

After searching many cities to no avail, Elena introduced the idea to stop for a drink. Luna, being Luna, couldn't turn it down. Luna sped into a parking space on the side of the street and get out, Elena followed her shortly after, "Why are we stopping?" Rebekah asked indignantly. 

" We've searched three cities in the last 24 hours, I'm sick of Top 40 radio, and I smell like leather," Elena answered her question but she didn't turn around to face the Original. 

Luna turned around and looked at Rebekah who was very frustrated at how carefree the two were, "And we're hungry." She added. 

"And that's my fault? You are the one who stole the list of Katherine's possible whereabouts, did you ever think that Damon had bad information?" Rebekah argued with Elena, ignoring Luna's remark about being hungry. 

"Have I mentioned I can't stand the sound of your voice?" Elena shot back as she looked around for a potential meal. Finally, she spotted a red-haired woman walking to her car. She looked polite and naïve enough to be tricked. 

"Too bad. We're not done. Get in, next town." Rebekah yelled as she eyed the two girls furiously. She was angry at their lack of effort, even after promising they were all working towards the same thing. 

"Come on, Rebekah. Don't act like you're not a bit hungry. It's been almost a whole day since you've eaten someone." Luna tried to convince her. A playful smile appeared on her face but the Original wasn't pleased. She wanted the cure more than she wanted to indulge in blood. 

"We're not here for a pub crawl, Luna! I want the cure, Katherine has it. We don't stop until we find her." She argued. Luna waved her off with a flick of her hand and she turned around. Elena was already gone and talking to the random lady. Luna approached when Elena was just about to dig her fangs into the woman's neck. 

"Katherine, what are you doing?" The woman yelped. Elena pulled away and Luna raised her eyebrow at the woman. 

"You know me?" Elena replied with a sweet smile and a hint of confusion in her voice that she played off easily to gather information from the woman. 

She was clearly swayed by Elena's acting and the red-haired woman replied, "Of course. And I know most people around here prefer you to feed from the neck, but I asked you to drink from my wrist, remember?" She pulled back her sleeve, revealing two puncture marks on her wrist. 

Rebekah laughed at what Katherine had done, "The conniving little bitch compelled the whole town." Luna silently applauded what she had done, it was quite impressive she had the patience the compel every single person. 

"I think we just found Katherine," Elena smiled at the two girls before turning back to the woman to question her further, "What's my full name?"

"Katherine Pierce. I love the new 'do, by the way." She complimented the Gilbert. 

"How did you meet Katherine?" Luna cut in, asking questions where the answers would be more beneficial to locate the vampire. 

The woman turned to Luna with a confused expression, "How do I know who?" 

"Me," Elena spoke up, "How do you know me?" 

A smile appeared on the woman's face and answered quickly, "Small town, everybody knows everybody."

"So everybody here knows Katherine?" Rebekah asked and obliviousness spread across the redhead's face. 

"I'm sorry, I don't know who you're talking about." She explained, looking between Rebekah and Luna. 

Rebekah laughed again, "She compelled people to forget all about her unless she's talking to them herself. Clever girl."

"How long have we known each other?" Elena asked, knowing she was the only one who could get anything out of her. 

"It's- been a while. I can't remember." She stumbled over her words, clearly somewhat uncomfortable with all the questions being asked. 

"Where do I live? Where do I work?" The Gilbert shot more questions at the woman, but they went without answers. 

"I don't know." She responded. 

"Who do I spend time with? Do I have any friends?" 

"Fat chance Katherine has any friends," Luna mumbled under her breath, knowing they weren't going to get any information out of the woman. It was a dead end. Katherine was too secretive and paranoid to allow a stranger to know anything remotely helpful.  

"Well, you said we could all be friends with you, as long as we kept your secret." She replied. Luna turned to the woman, wanting to force the information out of her, but she knew it was no use. 

"What secret?" 

"I-," The woman paused, searching her mind for the answer, "I don't know." 

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

The trio approached one of the workers outside of the postal office. If what the woman said was true, then it should be easy for Elena to pose as Katherine, "Hey, excuse me, um...Do I have any mail today?" She asked. 

"What happened to your hair?" The man asked as he observed Elena's hair. 

"I cut it." She answered. 

"In the last two minutes?" He raised his eyebrows at her. Luna and Rebekah immediately exchanged glances. Luna left the two and went to search the carpark, hoping to catch Katherine before she left. 

Luna knew the vampire was incredibly sneaky, and she did not doubt that she was already aware they were in Willoughby. The heretic quickly walked through the carpark, looking behind cars, inside cars. Everywhere. But there was no trace of Katherine. 

Suddenly, there was a loud bang that caught Luna's attention. She sped over to where she heard the commotion, only to see Katherine holding Elena by the neck against a car, "Oh, well. It's a beautiful place to die." 

Luna pushed Katherine off Elena, making the vampire fall to the ground. Rebekah had now appeared beside Luna, " I couldn't agree more. You've chosen a beautiful place to die." 

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

The four were sat at a table inside the local diner. Katherine was out-numbered and surrounded, "Where's the cure?" Elena got straight to the point. 

Katherine, being Katherine, didn't give up any information. She chose to toy with Elena's feelings, being oblivious to the fact she didn't have any, "What? No "I'm here to avenge my annoying little brother" speech?" 

"People die. We move on." She responded blandly, taking a sip from her drink. Rebekah looked over at Elena, who was still staring at Katherine. It didn't take long for her to put the pieces together. 

"After turning off our humanity switch. So sad for the boys, though. Their special snowflake of human frailty...gone. Well, if we're gonna be a while, I'm gonna go grab some menus." Katherine starts to stand up but is stopped by Rebekah stabbing her in the hand with a fork. 

"You're not going anywhere." Rebekah threatened her. Katherine slowly sat back down and glared at all the girls who were enjoying watching her go through pain. 

Through gritted teeth, Katherine spoke, "I forgot how charming you were." She looked down at the fork which was still embedded in her hand. 

"I'm surprised you remember me at all, seeing as though you were so busy wedging yourself between my brothers." Rebekah snarked. Katherine wasn't able to respond as a waitress stopped at their table. Immediately, she looked down at Katherine's hand. 

"Oh, my god. What happened?" She asked, concern lacing her voice. They all look up at her with blank expressions. No one said a word. So, Elena kicked Katherine hard enough to make her grimace. The Gilbert gave her doppelgänger a look before looking back up at the waitress with a smile. 

The Pierce sighed, aggravated that she was taking orders from Elena, "I'm fine, Jolene. You didn't see anything." She compelled Jolene. The waitress nods and walked away without giving Katherine's wound a second look. 

"Every minute you two waste with your yapping is another minute we give Stefan and Damon to find us." Elena scolded them with a glare. 

"Rebekah, just compel her. It will make this process so much easier for us." Luna instructed. Rebekah went to grab her chin and compel the answer out of her. But Katherine spoke up before Rebekah could go through with it. 

With a smile, she said in a taunting tone, "Sorry, I'm on vervain." 

"Oh, I get to torture it out of you. Fun." She shot back before releasing her chin roughly. Katherine leaned back into her seat and decided to ask her own questions: 

"Why do you three want it, anyway?" 

"I think the more important question is: Why do you want it?" Luna asked as she leaned back and took a sip of her tea with a raised brow. 

"Probably to kill Niklaus, isn't that right?" The Original turned to face Katherine with a scowl. 

"I've spent the last five hundred years running from your big brother. I have no intention of being within sniffing distance of him. But, since it can be used against him, I'm sure he's just itching to get his hands on it. I give him the cure, he gives me my freedom." She explained as if it was the greatest plan in the world. In theory, it would work. But Luna doubted he would let her off so easily. 

Elena sighed loudly, "Oh, you poor victim. Where's the part in your plan where you screw us over and somebody dies?" 

"I have no reason to screw you over," Katherine said simply, making Rebekah laugh. Luna scoffed knowing Katherine had never devised a plan where there were no casualties, "I know you don't believe me, but it is the truth. People change. I'm not the girl you think I am." She said again, making the Original and the heretic burst into a fit of laughter. 

Rebekah used her supernatural speed to aggressively search through Katherine's pockets, "I don't have it on me." She said. Rebekah threw her phone at Elena. 

"I didn't think you did. But I'm sure there's something in that, that can help us find it." Rebekah responded with a smile. Luna watched as worry filled Katherine's expression while Elena searched her phone. 

"Who's 'em'" Elena asked. 

Katherine doesn't say anything for a moment. She tried to organise her thoughts and find the correct words, "A friend."    

"It says here you're meeting at two." Elena looked up at Katherine who sighed and was clearly alarmed by the information they gathered. 

When the Pierce didn't respond, Elena took it upon herself to fill the silence with words Katherine didn't want to hear, "I guess I'll just have to meet 'em' myself." The girls shared glances of enthusiasm, but Katherine was anything but enthusiastic. The blood drained from her face as she saw how adamant the girls were with their decision to meet 'em'. 

  ☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

Elena comes out of the restroom and looks at herself in a compact mirror. She closes it and returns to the table the three at sitting at. She throws her bag onto the floor beside her seat and sits down, "What do you think?" 

"Hmm, it's close. Not quite slutty enough. I think you need more eyeliner." Rebekah said sarcastically. Elena and Luna laugh at her remark but Katherine didn't match their amusement. 

Elena turned to a very angry Katherine and spoke, "I'm gonna need your clothes." 

Katherine scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Yeah, that's gonna happen." She said sarcastically. 

"Fine. Your bracelet, watch, earrings. Hand them over." Katherine glowered at her doppelgänger as she took the fork out of her hand. The wound quickly healed and Katherine began taking her jewellery off and she threw it down on the table. 

"And your other bracelet." Elena told her as she put Katherine's earrings in. 

She looked at Elena in disbelief, "That's my daylight bracelet. It's daytime outside. I'm gonna need it. Besides, it's not gonna work on you." She snarked.

Elena shrugged, "Fine. I really am gonna need that jacket, though." Katherine didn't move an inch at Elena's demand. Seeing this, Elena gave Rebekah a look and she grabbed her. 

Katherine squirmed under Rebekah's grasp before complying, "All right, fine. Fine, fine." 

Rebekah released Katherine and she and Elena take their jackets off simultaneously, "This will never work, you know. The bad haircut, the doe eyes. You'll never pass for me." She told her before throwing her jacket at her chest. 

"You'll never pass for me." Elena mimicked Katherine's voice in an attempt to aggravate her further. 

"Throatier," Rebekah suggested. 

"And more mannish," Luna added on with a smile as she watched Elena torment the Pierce. 

"You'll never pass for me," Elena said again, making her voice raspier. 

"You three are pathetic." She rolled her eyes at them and folded her arms over her chest. 

"You three are pathetic." Elena mimicked her again, a smile pulling up on her lips at Katherine's discomfort. 

"Oh, perfect. Just the right level of contempt and hidden insecurity." Rebekah retorted. 

Elena pulled out her compact mirror and looked at herself once again, "Almost there. Something's missing," Elena started. She looked under the table and Katherine's shoes and looked back up at her with a grin, "Your shoes. I want your shoes." 

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:* 

Rebekah and Luna sat beside one another, splitting a piece of cake as they shot insults at the Petrova doppelgänger, "Mm. You know, it's funny. I've always been a little envious of the legend that is Katherine Pierce. The way you could wrap men around your little finger, the way Elijah betrayed Klaus for you, the way the Salvatore brothers stumbled head over heels for you. And yet, here we are, all these years later, in a town that you've had to compel into liking you," Rebekah laughed at Katherine, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh. It's really more sad than funny."

"You know you can't split the cure with Elena, right?" Katherine shot back, desperately trying to get a rise out of Rebekah. 

"Looks like you've struck a nerve, Rebekah." Luna mocked and looked at Katherine with raised eyebrows. 

The Original hummed in response before responding to Katherine, "She doesn't want it." 

"Oh, no? But you do, you want to take it? Are you really that dumb or just naturally blonde?" Katherine said. Luna rolled her eyes as her desperation stretched further. 

"I want a normal life again." 

"You mean you want a do-over. Well, guess what. You can't have it. The cure will only take away your immortality. Everything else you hate about yourself, you'll still wake up with that in the morning. And you won't even be able to compel yourself a friend." Katherine continued before reaching for something on the table, but was stopped by Luna performing a pain infliction spell so powerful, that blood dripped from her nose and ears. She groaned loudly, making a few heads turn towards the trio, but that didn't stop Luna. 

"Ladies, playing nice?" A familiar voice came from behind them, making Luna stop the spell. Katherine sighed in relief and she wiped away the blood trickling down her face. Damon sits down beside Katherine and Stefan pulls out a chair to sit at the head of the table. 

"There goes the neighbourhood." The Pierce mumbled under her breath. 

" I see you got Katherine already," Damon praised the girls before turning to the brunette beside him, "You're losing your touch, evil one." He taunted. 

They all exchanged glances in silence before Stefan spoke up, "Where's Elena?" He looked between Rebekah and Luna, waiting for a response. 

"Well, she's obviously not here. Maybe you should leave a go look elsewhere?" Luna suggested, bitterness lacing her tone. 

"Even if we did tell you where she is you're just going to shove the cure down her throat and I'll end up in a box again." Rebekah added, glaring at the Salvatore brothers. 

Damon noticed Katherine looking down with a smile, biting her lip as she tried to conceal it, "What about you over there, smiley? Do you know where she is?" 

"I can give you a hint. Start by looking at the town morgue. She's probably dead," She answered. Everyone stayed silent as they waited for her to elaborate, "She went to meet up with a friend of mine. You may know him-an Original brother, impeccable taste."

"Elijah?" Rebekah and Luna exclaimed in unison. 

"Elijah's here?" Damon questioned, being as dumbfounded as the rest of them. 

"Well, you sort of have to question Elijah's impeccable taste if he's friends with you." Stefan cut in mockingly with a smile. 

A grin pulled up on Katherine's face, "Oh, when I say friend, I mean friend," She told them, but emphasis on her words. They all groaned in disgust, horrified at the thought of Elijah and Katherine being together, "It probably took him about ten seconds to realize that she wasn't me, at which point he probably yanked her heart right out of her chest."

"All right. Where are they?" Stefan demanded, but Katherine smiled devilishly and said nothing. The Salvatore brother then turned to the Original, "Rebekah, you do realize if something should happen to Elena, you have no chance of finding the cure, right?"

Rebekah caved and sighed exasperatedly, "Fine. They were supposed to meet at the gazebo by the park." 

Stefan got up from his seat hastily, "I'll go talk to Elijah," He made eye contact with Luna and continued, "You're coming with me." 

She was taken aback by the demand, "Why do I need to go with you?" She hadn't spoken to Stefan since the night in the woods and she was sure she would get an ear full from him. She couldn't deal with her brother. 

"Because Elijah's an Original. I'm gonna need some reinforcements." He explained, waiting for her to get up out of her seat. 

"Great." She muttered as she comprehended what she was getting herself into. She got out of her seat and stood beside her older brother. 

"You go deal with Elijah. Katherine will take us to the cure." Rebekah spoke up and ran her gaze over Damon and Katherine. 

"No, she won't. The cure is my one chance to win my freedom back from Klaus." She spoke up quickly, refusing the help of any of them. 

"You're gonna broker a deal with Klaus?" Damon turned to the Pierce with a surprised look. 

Stefan put the pieces together and looked at Katherine, "No. She's gonna get Elijah to broker the deal for her. That's why you need your little friend, isn't it? Some things never change, Katherine." 

"Nope." Damon muttered. 

She clenched her jaw angrily, "Fine," She agreed exasperatedly and turned to face Damon, "Move. You have to follow me." 

 ☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

   The Salvatore siblings didn't speak while they tracked Elijah. There was nothing that Luna needed to say, anything she wanted to say to Stefan she already had. She was expecting an interrogation from her brother, and she was right, "So when you said you were going to find a place to stay, you went to Rebekah?" 

Luna furrowed her brows and turned to her brother, "Who else was I meant to go to?" She wasn't sure where Stefan was going with this conversation. Nobody else tolerated her without her humanity -- Rebekah barely tolerated her. 

"I was expecting you to go to Klaus." He said, burning a hole into the side of her face as he tried to read her expression for a hint of emotion, but it remained blank. His name no longer fazed her, and she wanted to keep it that way. 

She pushed her hair behind her shoulders and turned to Stefan, "I also said that I didn't want to get vervained and thrown into a basement. That's exactly what he would've done." 

"Would it be so bad if you got your humanity back?" He said gently, trying his best to keep her calm. Luna was shocked at his stupidity and hypocrisy. 

"Yes," Luna answered monotonously, "You're acting like you complied when everyone was trying to get you to turn your humanity back; if I remember correctly, you were a bigger pain in the ass than I am," He was disappointed in Luna, she could read him like a book, "So, are you calling Elijah or shall I?" 

When she didn't receive a response, she took matters into her own hands and snatched Katherine's phone from Stefan, and dialled Elijah's number.  Finally, he answers, "Katerina?" 

"Nope. Try again." Luna taunted. There was silence on the other line, Luna checked if he hung up on her, but he hadn't. 

"Luna. Where's Katherine?" He asked; he sounded genuinely concerned for Katherine's well-being. It showed that he was still stupid for falling for Katherine's trap. Luna expected more from him -- he was intelligent and an Original. 

"Where's Elena? I mean, not that I care. But being on Team Salvatore means I need to be concerned about all things Elena." She shot back, winking at Stefan mockingly. He rolled his eyes at her remark and stayed silent as the conversation continued. 

"Safe. How long she remains so depends upon you."  Elijah told her, immediately catching Stefan's attention. The Salvatore Sister rolled her eyes at his worry. There was no one Elijah would harm Elena. It was clear that while he was in Mystic Falls, he grew quite fond of the doppelgänger. 

"Depends on me? I think you mean it depends on my brothers. But, you do know that Katherine isn't very safe with us either, right?" She informed him. She wanted to make it abundantly clear that Katherine's miserable life could end in seconds if Luna wanted to. 

"Oh, Katherine can take care of herself against the three of you."  He said calmly, optimistic that Katherine could get away from the Salvatores. 

Luna chuckled at his words, "It seems you've been misinformed, Elijah. The four of us. Bekah decided to join Team Salvatore for the day as well." A grin spread across her face as she heard an agitated sigh escape his lips. 

"Put her on the phone."  He demanded, desperately trying to compose himself and calm himself. 

"Sorry, she's not here with us. She's with Damon and Katherine," She smirked, knowing the Original brother would not be happy hearing Rebekah was with Katherine, "It would be a shame if your little sister killed your lover." She teased him. 

"Tell me where they are,"  Elijah ordered furiously. Luna clicked her tongue as if she was contemplating giving him an answer, "Luna, tell me where they are. I won't ask again." He threatened. 

"Sorry, what did you say? I couldn't hear you." 

"Tell me where-" He cut himself off and exhaled sharply, "Luna, you know how much Rebekah despises Katherine. She will kill her once she ceases to be of use to her."  Elijah sounded defeated, like he was begging Luna for Katherine's whereabouts. 

"How about we compromise? You tell me where you are and we can talk this through." She suggested. Luna looked over to her brother who was scared for Elena's safety with how much Luna was taunting the Original. 

"Doesn't sound like a compromise. You seem to be the only one getting something out of it." Elijah argued. 

"Yeah, well, life isn't fair. Are you gonna tell me where you are or not?" She dismissed him quickly and got back to the point. She didn't care about how angry he got or if he killed Elena. The only reason she came to this town was to help Rebekah. 

"You listen to me very carefully, Luna. If anything whatsoever happens to Katherine, I will descend upon Elena." He then hung up the phone. Luna clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth and threw the phone back to Stefan. He caught it with ease but Luna could tell he was incredibly frustrated that she may have put Elena's life in more danger than it had been earlier.  

"I know that look; before you say anything, I just wanted to say anything that happens is not my fault." Luna held her hands up in front of her in faux-defence. Stefan scoffed loudly at her words. 

"Not your fault? Luna, all of this is your fault. You're the reason Elena's a vampire. If it wasn't for you, she'd still be human. So it's your responsibility to help us cure her," Stefan yelled at her; Luna couldn't help but laugh, "And now you're laughing. Great." It was clear Stefan was regretting bringing her along with him and allowing her to call Elijah. 

Luna giggled in between words, but gradually her tone became serious, "I'm laughing at you. You're an idiot. You're blaming all of this on me when you had an opportunity to save Elena and you didn't. I think you're blaming this on me to deal with your own guilt. None of this is my responsibility, I'm here to get Rebekah the cure. I don't give a shit about Elena staying a vampire, or dying because it's not my problem." She said slowly and took small steps towards him until they were inches apart. 

The height difference was drastic, but Stefan couldn't deny that he was intimidated by his younger sister. He couldn't deny her power, either, "Are we gonna go find Rebekah and our brother, or are you gonna keep yelling at me?" 

With those words, Stefan brushed past her and walked away from his sister. She smiled victoriously and followed close behind her brother. 

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

The Salvatores rushed to Katherine's home. Upon their arrival, Katherine had sped away from the scene, leaving the door wide open. Stefan used his enhanced speed to get to the door faster, but he wasn't fast enough. Luna followed closely behind him and over his shoulder, she saw Rebekah with the cure between her lips. She tossed her head back, drinking the cure, "No!" Stefan screamed at her, but she already took it -- there was no use. 

Rebekah gasped quietly and then she fell back onto the sofa. Damon dropped his head to rest on the floor in defeat. Luna smiled at Rebekah's unconscious corpse over Stefan's shoulder. She was finally human and this dreadful road trip would finally be over. Everyone, apart from Stefan and Damon, got what they wanted. 

Damon slowly pushed himself up off the floor, his burnt flesh healing slowly. He groaned quietly, but his pain didn't stop Stefan from expressing his anger, "Did you even try to stop her?" He scolded, staring at the fish tank in the centre of the room. 

"You forgot the part where I was bobbing for boxes in vervain water." Damon defended himself. Stefan finally looked up at him, almost shocked at his response:

"All you had to do was stall her, Damon." Stefan's tone dropped considerably. 

"Sorry. It's Rebekah. I didn't have a pony to distract her, Stefan." 

"You let her take it, didn't you? You were never on my side. Now Elena will be a vampire for the rest of her life just like you wanted." He accused Damon. Hurt overtook his emotions as the thought of Elena being a vampire sunk in. 

Before Damon could defend himself once again, a loud gasp escaped Rebekah lips and she shot up from the sofa. She looked around frantically as she adjusted to her surroundings. She looked... refreshed. The three siblings, for once, were speechless. Rebekah's mouth hung open in wonder, "Are you human?" Luna questioned, cutting through the thick tension in the air. 

"I- I think so. I... I feel great. I feel alive." A genuine smile appeared on her face. Her dream finally came true, she was human. 

Damon ran his fingers along a bookcase.  He clicked his tongue and then spoke, "Slight problem with being alive-I can kill you know." He grabs a letter opener and throws it right in the centre of Rebekah's face. But before it could puncture her skin, she caught it with her vampire speed. The blood drains from her face as she realises she hasn't lost her abilities. She looks at her palm and it heals right before her eyes. She gasps in horror, while Stefan sighed in relief. 

"I'm still a vampire. The cure didn't work." 

"It worked just like she wanted it to. The cure was a fake. It must've been a concentrated shot of vervain or something." Stefan explained. He was beyond happy that the real cure was still out there for Elena and that Rebekah hadn't taken it. Rebekah's mouth was still agape, still not apprehending the thought that she was still a vampire. 

Luna shook her head in slight admiration of the Petrova's plan, "Fucking Katherine."  

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*

Luna dropped the man's body to the floor in a pile of his own blood. The kitchen of this diner was now a murder scene, the site of a massacre; she had no regrets. She heard the door to the diner open and then slam shut. She heard Stefan speak to Elena, but he received no response. 

The heretic looked down at her clothes only to see her plain clothes painted red with her victims blood. She wiped the blood from the lips and licked her fingers, savouring every last drop, but she ignored the rest of the blood dripping down her face. 

She focused her hearing once more and when she heard the shattering of a coffee mug, she took it as her cue to reveal herself, "Like I said, consequences. That's one body you're responsible for..." 

Luna opened the door and walked towards her brothers and the Gilbert girl, "And God knows how many bodies in there you're responsible for," She chuckled to herself and her amusement grew and she watched how horrified her brother's were at her state, "Good luck with the clean up. You know, if I were you, I would just set this whole diner on fire." 

She clicked her tongue as if she was wondering what she was going to do next, but her future actions were already clear in her mind, "Why don't I help you out a bit," She glanced over at Elena and the two exchanged sinister grins, "Incendia."  

The waitress' body was consumed by flames in seconds. Stefan and Damon leaned back into their seats to avoid getting burned by the burning corpse, "Take this as your warning. Worse will happen if you don't leave us alone." Elena told them. With those words, the two girls turned around and left the diner, leaving the crime scene for them to deal with. 

"Still ready to ride off into the sunset?" 

an; i did not proof read, so sorry. 

so sorry im taking ages to update aswell. but here you go!!!! next chapter is going to be painful to write but im so so so excited so im just praying i have the motivation to write it. 

thank you all so much for all the reads and votes i love you all sm <333333 ill try update soon ((((:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 9.7K 35
Where a bored fairy leaves her homeland to travel around the human world. To learn new things and have adventures. Which she will and much more... Va...
413K 10.8K 39
"Don't give your heart to a monster and be surprised when they break it." #2 in klaus - 3/4/21 #3 in theoriginals - 11/23/20 #2 in tvd - 1/6/21 Book...
352K 11.1K 71
Madeline Sage Saltzman, a vampire hunter and adoptive daughter of Alaric Saltzman, did not know what was in store for her when she entered Mystic Fal...
2M 48.1K 181
(currently editing) "Before he met her he was nothing but a cold heart" [BOOK ONE OF ARIA CONNOR SERIES] [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SEASON 1 - 8] STARTED...