Classroom of the Elite: An In...

By X-Yoshimaru-X

A classroom of the elite fanfiction where I install an original character into the world of ANHS. It will tak... More

OC Introduction
Volume 1: Hello ANHS
Volume 1: Foundations
Volume 1: Class D
Volume 1: The Supremist and "The Ordinary"
Volume 1: May 1st Comes Over
Volume 1: A Pawn's Pawn
Volume 1: Conflict Begins
School Database
Volume 2: Class C Strikes
Volume 2: Four on One
Volume 2: Shizuku and Two Face
Volume 3: The Island of Hell
Volume 3: Body Problems
Volume 3: Faulty Existence
Volume 3: Genius For Hire
Volume 3: Princess and The Broken Tool
SS Kushida Kikyou: Vengeance is a Lie
SS Sakayanagi Arisu: Childhood Friends
Volume 4: Crumble Like Sand
Volume 4: Break Like Glass
Volume 4: Sigh Like You Lost
Volume 4: Cheer Like You Won
Volume 4.5: Troubles of a Loner
Volume 4.5: Echo Charlie
Volume 5: Warmups and Strategies
Volume 5: Back Off
Volume 5: One's Limits
Volume 5: Triple Cross
Volume 6: Class Roulette
Volume 6: Shuffle Preparations
Volume 6: Horikita Suzune's Trial
Volume 6: "Friends"
Volume 6: He's Just a Toy
Volume 7: Calm
Volume 7: Hunters
Volume 7: Rumbling Storm
Volume 7: Team X
Volume 7.5: What Humanity is Like
Update
Volume 7.5: A Chat in the Snowy Morning
Volume 7.5: A Dash of Spice
Volume 7.5: Cupid Hits the Target
A Look Into The Future
The Sakayanagis are Acting Weird
Arisu's Unexpected Soft Spot
A Sibling Rivalry
Withering Worries

Volume 5: Bomb Dropped

1.8K 61 24
By X-Yoshimaru-X

Yasushi POV

Summer vacation was finally over, and everyone had returned to the normal school life.

On this day, it was currently our afternoon class, which became a two hour homeroom period. Class C's homeroom teacher, Chabashira-sensei had arrived.

"Starting today, classes begin again. However, before we do start, I have two announcements."

Sensei looked around, then her eyes fell on me. Hmm, I guess it's time, huh Arisu?

"Yasushi, please come forward."

"EH!?" Most of the class erupted.

"Sensei is calling Maida by his first name!? What's happening here!?" Ike yelled.

"Sensei, are you feeling okay? Did you get blackmailed by this guy!?" Yamauchi also yelled.

"Relax, I haven't even gotten to the actual announcement yet. It's really hard to explain."

I had ignored everyone's shouts and complaints then walked toward the podium.

"Here are your new documents, phone with a new school ID, and a few new guidelines because of the change. Transfer all your points, important information and data to the new phone then give me the old one once you're done." I accepted all the materials she gave me.

"Now, what I'm about to tell you is also being told to the rest of the first-year student body, that way there are no mistakes. The second-years and third-years do not need to be informed."

The class looked puzzled. What could be important to the first-years but not to our senpais?

"There has been a mistake in how the school has perceived Yasushi's personal information and it took the higher ups a long time to discuss and fix the issue."

She looked at the class with a serious expression.

"Let me reintroduce him to you all. Meet your classmate, Sakayanagi Yasushi."

Flashback

"Identity reassignment papers?" I asked.

"Yes, the Chairman has informed me that there was a little mistake on your personal information status. He left this for you." Horikita-senpai showed me a little voice recorder.

I pressed the play button.

"Yasushi-kun, I'm sure you're pretty confused but since I have little time I will only explain it in the simplest matter that I can. You're birth father truly is Maida Takao, the same father you were raised by, but that's not much of the case." Chairman Sakayanagi's voice started playing.

"Around when you were two years old, Takao suggested that I adopted you. Of course I hesitated, but since he brought up his heart problems, I agreed. We had the six month process and the documents were fixed up straight afterwards. Your last name was kept as Maida under your father's wish, this was allowed anyway. From your entrance into this school I knew you didn't know about your birth certificate and other documents that had me as your legal guardian."

No, I didn't even see my birth certificate!

"I also assume you didn't remember much from your infancy days, which is understandable. Anyway that's all I can really say, the student council president should have given you the identity reassignment documents. All you need to do is sign it and you'll be known with our last name, Sakayanagi. It's completely your choice, but either way after you get out of this school I'll be the one to take care of you."

The recording ended after that last bit.

"Man, I'm a fool."

"Just because you were too young to remember much doesn't mean you're a fool." Sakayanagi Arisu said.

"Anyway, what'll you choose? Like I said this offer is until today only."

"Heh, it's not even a choice. From the start I didn't think I'd have a future, but now I do. Just one question though. Are you really fine with me being your brother?" I directed it at Sakayanagi.

"Father had discussed this with me at the start of the school year. Around the first month, we had a little chat about you being here as well as the fact that he had plans to have your last name changed. So yes, I'm fine with you being my brother." She said with a smile. Not a smug grin, a smile.

"Okay then, I guess I'll sign it. Thank you for having me."

I held out my hand to Sakayanagi, to which she held with both of hers.

"Welcome to the family, Yasushi-kun."

"...Could we not do the first name basis till this is announced? I know this needs to be fixed in the school system and told to the students. Besides this'll need some getting used to" I suggested.

"Fufu, all right then, we can keep this a secret."

"I'm still here you know? Maida, sign it." Horikita-senpai said with a satisfied smirk.

"Oh right."

(Okay I had to search this one up. I had planned for him to be adopted but after searching it, I was like "why not add a little more to his backstory?" So I did and here we are. What Chairman Sakayanagi did with Yasushi is called Special Adoption in Japan. Since he has some influence in the government, I thought it'd be fine for him to be a single parent and adopt him. It might not be realistic but hey it's a fanfic.)

End of flashback

"EH!?"

Another eruption came from my classmates. I could see Horikita and Kikyou with widened eyes. Ayanokouji though, didn't have much of a reaction on his face, but I knew he got caught off guard by this announcement.

"I will not disclose any background information on this. Just note that this was an issue with his entrance into the school and identity. We had no choice but to fix it. I also suggest you do not ask him about this because he hasn't been told much either." Chabashira-sensei explained.

"It's as sensei said everyone. I wasn't told much, and I didn't know about it either until recently. However, from today on, please regard me as Sakayanagi Yasushi, I've already accepted this. You can differentiate me and my step-sister through honorifics." I said.

"So uhm, Mai- I mean, Sakayanagi-kun. Is this really something you just accepted? You've lied to yourself about your identity this entire time right?"

"Not necessarily lied, more like misinterpreted, but my birth father really was a Maida. I was apparently adopted around when I was two years old, but that's all I'll disclose."

"The process for the documents for outside the school will take about a month, but we decided to implement the change now. His identity has been changed already and the Sakayanagis have full care of Yasushi here."

Now my classmates are understanding why she had to call me by my first name.

"And like he said, you may differentiate him and Sakayanagi Arisu of Class 1-B by using honorifics or using their first name. Any other questions before we move on to the second announcement?"

It looked like they were convinced.

"None? Okay, please return to your seat Sakayanagi."

I nodded then slowly made my way back to my seat. Of course, I got glances. Were they worried I'd betray the class to help Arisu's?

"Now for the second announcement. From September to the beginning of October, we will be holding more physical education classes to prepare for the upcoming Sports Festival. We'll distribute new weekly schedules, so please review them carefully. In addition to the new schedules we'll also distribute materials related to the festival. Students seated in front, please pass handouts to those behind you and so on."

"Alright!!" Sudou shouted with enthusiasm.

And now it's like everyone forgot about the first announcement. Well, their reactions were priceless during the moment so that's fine.

"Settle down everyone." Sensei said.

"Sensei, is this another one of the special exams?" Hirata asked.

I was expecting her to say "naturally", but...

"You're free to interpret it however you wish. In any case, this event will massively impact each and every class."

Those who loathed exercise grumbled, while the rest were excited. If this were an ordinary school we could've found a way to skip the festival, but that's not the case. Since this will affect the class's fate, even the least athletic have to participate.

But guess what Sports Festival? I have to walk with a cane, so Arisu and I are special cases. Ha, eat it, I hated sports festivals ever since middle school.

Let me see here.

I flipped over the handout a little then read its contents. What the?

"Some people have noticed this already, but for this year's festival, we're going to divide all students across all grade levels into two groups and have them compete against each other. You Class C are assigned to the White Team. Class B is also in White Team, so they will compete alongside you." Chabashira-sensei explained.

The former Class D and Class A, so basically if the positions didn't change we'd still be teammates. In that event we'd be in Red Team while Ryuuen and Ichinose's classes were in White, but it's the other way around. Anyway it'd be Red versus White.

"Whoa! Seriously!? We're really doing that?" Ike shouted out.

He might've assumed it would put all four classes against each other like normal, but instead we were divided into two teams. I myself had thought so before I saw it and sensei explained it. This demanded inter-class and year cooperation, which wasn't normal for us.

I wonder, will Horikita's brother complex hold her back from doing her best? I could hear her and Ayanokouji muttering to each other.

_____________________________________

(Skipped the exam explanation again. Hehehe.)

Over four hundred people were in Gymnasium 1 for the assembly. Instructors, students, even some normal maintenance staff were here. We were, of course, fallen in line with our own classes. While everyone sat on the floor, I was given a chair, how nice of them.

I can just feel the gazes that first-years are giving me, especially from Class 1-B.

"I'm Kiriyama, second-year Class B. The third-years decided that I should assume command of White Team." Kiriyama-senpai said.

This guy was that secretary that warned me of Nagumo-senpai by using hand signs right? Yeah, I remember now.

"A piece of advice to you first-years, which I assume the captain of Red Team is also saying something similar." He said.

"Your lack of motivation is understandable, but we'll be attempting to get victory here okay? The only inter-year event is the last one, 1200 meter relay, so I'd like for each year to prepare a good plan to try and win everything. Now, go on and discuss your strategies." Kiriyama-senpai finished.

In response to his words, Katsuragi and Class 1-B begun assembling in droves, while we in Class C were floundering a little. Its probably because of nervousness of eing in the company of elite senpais and the former Class A of our year. 

"Hirata, I hope we can join forces with your class without any problems, despite the bizarre circumstances of being teamed up." Katsuragi said, approaching our class.

"I feel the same way Katsuragi-kun." Hirata replied.

It would seem Katsuragi would like to redeem himself for the past two exams. His class dropped to Class B because of him, there is an obvious tension within him for not being able to lead them to victory. 

"Hey check it out. Is that her?" Ike whispered.

From my chair, I could clearly see her. My new step-sister Arisu, stuck out like a sore thumb like I did. It seems she didn't intend to help with the discussion of teams.

She gave a thin smile and a little wave as she saw me, I responded with a wave of my own.

"Every individual class has its own strategies, but-" Katsuragi continued talking, ignoring the concerned looks and murmurs that my class gave.

"So you don't intend to have a discussion?" Someone said.

Ichinose of Class 1-A was currently talking to Ryuuen Kakeru of Class 1-D.

"You understand that I'm leaving out of goodwill right? Even if I offered to cooperate with you, you wouldn't believe anything I say. In the end, you'd just probe me for information to see if I can be trusted, right? Its a waste of time."

"I see, so you're just saving us the hassle then?"

"Yup, you should be grateful."

"Hey Ryuuen-kun, do you really think you can win without cooperating?"

"Heh. Hmm, I wonder."

Ryuuen sneered and walked out of the gym, his class in tow. The rest of us could merely just watch and realize just how much Class D was a dictatorship. 

"Class A seems to have it really rough, being paired with Class D and all." What we saw was a reminder that Ryuuen controled his class with no complaints from them. 

Katsuragi looked at Horikita and offered her advice.

"Since we'll be teamed together I'll warn you. Don't underestimate Ryuuen. He'll laugh while he attacks you in the same instant. Don't let your guard down."

"I appreciate the warning, but I wonder if you're speaking from personal experience."

This girl...

"This is no time to think yourself superior Horikita." I said aloud.

Quite a few people from both my class and Katsuragi's looked at me.

"If you think you could win while disregarding his existence, you're wrong. You of all people should know right?"

"And who are you to say that, Sakayanagi-kun?"

"You're really going t hold on to that stubbornness? fine, you've been warned not once, but twice. Continue with that confidence of yours, you'll be torn apart."

The glances I got started to feel like they're getting angry. 

"Everyone calm down. Horikita-san, Sakayanagi-kun is right. Remember how he said he'd target you this time? We need to be careful." Hirata said.

"I'm well aware." 

"I wonder if he'll make a move right away." Arisu whispered, apparently still thinking about what Ryuuen could be planning.

Those who heard her gave her questioning glances. 

"That's Sakayanagi Arisu. She's disabled, so please be sensitive about that." Katsuragi said.

"Oh, don't worry Katsuragi-kun, Sakayanagi Yasushi-kun is also the same, so we have an idea of how to avoid being offensive."

"Ah right, you recently got your last name changed if I remember what Mashima-sensei said."

"Dude, your step-sister is super cute!" Someone said.

"You really have the audacity to say that when both of us are right here?"

I gave the boys in my class a hostile look. 

"Fufufu, being protective, are we step-brother?" She tried teasing me. 

"Some of these guys are perverts, that's why."

"I see. Unfortunately for everyone, neither of us will be that useful in this competition. The two of us will be consistently absent. Please accept my humblest apologies on our behalf."

I didn't even have to stand up for myself there.

"You have nothing to apologize for. No one will give you a hard time on that. Right everyone?"

"The school sure is harsh. They should've come up with some accommodation for you."

"Oh they have, they managed to organize my documents, so that's enough for me." I chimed in.

"Still, you two don't need to worry. We'll handle everything!"

Thanks to Arisu's calm and innocent demeanor, a lot of them gave their support to us.

"Your kindness overwhelms me."

If it weren't for me knowing about her tactical side, I would have also fallen for her act. 

I could see that Katsuragi watched her quietly. I guess he'll one again assume command of over Class B since Arisu wouldn't be able to participate, but the divide in power is still plain to see. 

"Although if you do need help in strategizing, please feel free to consult us." She added

"Yes, that's really all we can do, plan." I said.

"Anyway, I was thinking that it'd be best if we just keep out of each other's way. You don't mind, do you?" Katsuragi said, ignoring us.

"So you won't share the details of the competitions you'll be participating in?" Hirata asked.

"Right, letting that information slip might lead to unnecessary conflict down the road. Besides, constantly comparing ourselves to each other will only increase the divide between us." 

While they were talking to each other, I stood up and pulled my chair so that it's located next to Arisu's. Neither of us can do anything for this competition anyway. 

"Good to see you." I said, sitting down again.

"It's official now right? Yasushi-kun?" She asked.

"Yup, it sure is Arisu."

"Fufufu."

"Please don't get the wrong idea. We're gonna be siblings not lovers." 

"Another rejection. When will you stop hurting my feelings?" 

I had half a mind to hit her on the head with my cane, problem was there were spectators. You win this round.

"So, what would you be doing for the Sports Festival?"

"Nothing I suppose. Though like you suggested I might help them out in creating the participation table, along with a few other things."

"I see, then we get to keep playing chess together."

She was smiling. Was she excited for our future matches?

"Sakayanagi."

Both of us looked at the person that said our name.

"Oh sorry, I meant Sakayanagi-kun. Horikita wants to talk to you." It was Ayanokouji.

Well this was a problem to those that don't use honorifics. 

"So much for making plans. See you later Arisu."

"Till next time step-brother."

That's gonna take some getting used to.

______________________________

Ayanokouji POV

I was definitely caught by surprise at that moment. Who knew that Maida- I mean Sakayanagi-kun got adopted? Later either I had to get used to using an honorific for him and his step-sister or I call him by his first name.

Anyway, I suppose it checks out. Back in that place during the earlier years of education, I learned that Special Adoption was possible of the birth parent/s and adoptive parents agreed to it. I suppose everything was settled as Sakayanagi-kun said when he was two years old.

Still, I genuinely had to admit that I was caught by surprise by that announcement. This was what Sakayanagi Arisu said by "surprise at the start of second semester". 

Now, I was just sitting in my dorm room, talking with the group.

"Yasushi-kun none of what happened in homeroom was a lie was it?" Kushida asked.

"For the tenth time, no. None of it was a lie, I'm adopted, the documents just had to be fixed, that's why the announcement was made public to the first-years."

"Still Sakayanagi-kun, that was one of the last things I would've guessed as an announcement." You and me both Karuizawa.

"Anyway, this'll only change my identity and my relationship with Arisu. I'll still be the same guy you all knew. Nothing to worry about." Sakayanagi-kun said. 

"It certainly is nothing to worry about you two." I said, ending the discussion.

Kikyou seemed convinced now, but Karuizawa looked like she still had her doubts.

"If you're worried about me betraying the class, don't. I've been promised a future either way. Whether Class A or D, I'll help till the end, that's one promise I'm willing to keep." He said.

"Fineeeee. I guess we'll leave it at that." Karuizawa gave up after that.

"Anyway, for the sports festival you can obviously see that I won't be able to participate. However, I can help with the participation table and other stuff behind the scenes when needed. I'll just be playing chess with Arisu in my free time so you could probably find me at the library." He said.

"Don't worry. I'll have Kushida and Karuizawa help me in convincing Hirata for the participation table. As for Horikita, since she has her own influence circle now, I think she can handle herself with convincing them." I said.

"Alright, sounds like a plan then. Once again, everything is in your hands."

"We'll be here to help Ayanokouji-kun. Just tell us what we need to do next." Kushida said.

Karuizawa nodded and Sakayanagi-kun had a look that said "good luck" on his face.

This'll be quite the interesting Sports Festival.

Author's Note:

Ever wondered why the POV was Yasushi instead of Maida? I didn't either, but then I used it to my advantage.

I made sure to make Yasushi being adopted as realistic as I possibly could have made it. Special Adoption exists and is allowed in Japan for kids 6 years and below, as well as for adopting couples to be 25 years and above. Since Chairman Sakayanagi has quite a bit of influence in the government I thought it'd be fine for him, a single parent, to adopt a kid like Yasushi.

As for the renaming, I couldn't find much in it. All it says is that changing the last name is a bit common in Japan. When I first wrote the OC introduction, I didn't put down much now did I? That's because I had planned for him to just be a loner working for Ayanokouji, but then I used Maida Takao to my advantage and get him linked with the Sakayanagis.

When I thought of this I said to myself "this might work", so I just wrote it all down. Once again, this is just a fanfiction. There's a high chance I'm 100% wrong about Special Adoption and renaming. Take everything I write down on this fanfic with a grain of salt. That is all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 297 30
A bunch of story pieces that I lost motivation for, changed the concept of, or that were otherwise sitting in my drafts for much too long. No, they h...
50.5K 1K 14
The Astral express follows a lead regarding the disappearance of Akivili. Will they persue it? Where will it lead them? The Aeons also take notice, a...
43.3K 1.3K 30
Its been a long time since Rimuru became the Supreme Deity. And as usual for all powerful beings with nothing to do. He's bored. While talking to Mil...
20.2K 513 6
After the Empire war, Rimuru decides to take a break from all the work he has done. He took a vacation in another world and was surprised on what he...