Classroom of the Elite: An In...

By X-Yoshimaru-X

A classroom of the elite fanfiction where I install an original character into the world of ANHS. It will tak... More

OC Introduction
Volume 1: Hello ANHS
Volume 1: Foundations
Volume 1: Class D
Volume 1: The Supremist and "The Ordinary"
Volume 1: May 1st Comes Over
Volume 1: A Pawn's Pawn
Volume 1: Conflict Begins
School Database
Volume 2: Class C Strikes
Volume 2: Four on One
Volume 2: Shizuku and Two Face
Volume 3: The Island of Hell
Volume 3: Body Problems
Volume 3: Faulty Existence
Volume 3: Genius For Hire
Volume 3: Princess and The Broken Tool
SS Kushida Kikyou: Vengeance is a Lie
SS Sakayanagi Arisu: Childhood Friends
Volume 4: Crumble Like Sand
Volume 4: Sigh Like You Lost
Volume 4: Cheer Like You Won
Volume 4.5: Troubles of a Loner
Volume 4.5: Echo Charlie
Volume 5: Bomb Dropped
Volume 5: Warmups and Strategies
Volume 5: Back Off
Volume 5: One's Limits
Volume 5: Triple Cross
Volume 6: Class Roulette
Volume 6: Shuffle Preparations
Volume 6: Horikita Suzune's Trial
Volume 6: "Friends"
Volume 6: He's Just a Toy
Volume 7: Calm
Volume 7: Hunters
Volume 7: Rumbling Storm
Volume 7: Team X
Volume 7.5: What Humanity is Like
Update
Volume 7.5: A Chat in the Snowy Morning
Volume 7.5: A Dash of Spice
Volume 7.5: Cupid Hits the Target
A Look Into The Future
The Sakayanagis are Acting Weird
Arisu's Unexpected Soft Spot
A Sibling Rivalry
Withering Worries

Volume 4: Break Like Glass

1.8K 68 9
By X-Yoshimaru-X

Yasushi POV

I was in my dorm room, reading one of the many books I bought in the past. I'd been discharged ever since Sakayanagi offered to help me with rehab, they only assigned me two health professionals to keep watch as well. It was really hard to clean while holding a cane.

I might have to buy a vacuum, problem was I was broke. My private point count was 15,345, it used to be over a million but I gave the rest to Kouenji to make sure he actually helps the class while I'm gone. He had a lot of freedom because of my wording of "help the class in two special exams", because I didn't specify how much he would help.

For the price of 1.5 million, I think he'll pull through and do something pretty big. This is Kouenji, I think I can trust what he says.

While reading, I heard knocks on the door.

"I wonder who it is." I said in a rather sarcastic tone.

I took my cane and got up to walk to the door. I unlocked it, and behold I knew it.

"Good day Maida-kun. Are you ready for today?" Sakayanagi said.

"Yeah, I'll be right out."

I said while heading back to my room to get my jacket. A jacket during summer? Yes, I'm crazy.

"Feeling cold in the summer?"

"Yes, leave me alone please."

"Fufufu. Anyway, shall we go to the library?"

"Sure."

Sakayanagi had been dragging me to the library or to the mall ever since my rehab started. According to the health officers, it counted as training since I'm practicing walking with my cane. Other than that, I was suppose to do stretches every morning which I've already done today.

My days have been somewhat dull ever since my injury, but that's what I get for being reckless.

I jumped off a cliff for heaven's sake.

"Oh? Looks like the library is rather full today."

"Also looks like most of them of them are suspicious of us."

"I don't mind them."

Sakayanagi led me to an open table in the corner of the library. Most of the people here appear to be second years, with one blonde taking the center of my radar with the look on his face. 

A chess set was brought onto the table as we both sat down, putting our canes on our laps.

"Shall we begin?"

"Prepare to win a hundred more times Sakayanagi."

"Fufufu, don't be so hard on yourself. You may have the white pieces."

__________________________________________

After that display by me in chess, Sakayanagi and I were currently having lunch in the cafeteria. This time, I made my own bento because it's hard to order here with just walking like this. 

"You're tactics have grown quite aggressive these past few days Maida-kun."

"Adaptability is a must in chess. However, I still have a very long way to go to beat you."

"Not as long as you would think. In that last match, you actually caught me by surprise sending your pawn then turning it to a knight instead of a queen." 

"Despite that being a queenless battle I still lost. Your rooks brought in victory."

"Still, that was quite the desperate play, fufufu."

We resumed eating peacefully for a while. Until the same blonde from before approached us. 

"Well, if it isn't the only 1st years on campus at the moment! How have you two been fairing?" He said, his entourage behind him.

"Nagumo, I said you should leave them alone." One of the boys with him said.

"Is there something we could do for you senpais?" Sakayanagi's smug grin disappeared, instead having a serious look on her face.

"I'm here to ask if we could join you. The both of you seemed to have lots of fun playing chess."

"Unfortunately we planned to roam Keyaki Mall after eating, so sorry." I answered.

"Ah I see, then would it be fine if we joined you in roaming around?"

"Please just spit it out if you want something from us senpai." I said while taking a bite of some chicken. 

Sakayanagi's grin returned. For some reason now that I've hung out with her, that smug grin indicates either the situation is not worth acknowledging or she's having fun.

"You just had to be conspicuous about it Miyabi." One of the girls with him face palmed.

"Alright fine then. I wanted to talk to you about your connection to Horikita-senpai."

"So you're a second-year? What does my relationship with the student council president have to do with you."

His face turned stern.

"So I take it you actually don't know me? I'm Nagumo Miyabi, Class 2-A. I'm also the student council vice president. This guy with glasses is Kiriyama, 2-B, one of our secretaries."

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Kiriyama Ikuto."

"Maida Yasushi, 1-D."

"Sakayanagi Arisu, 1-A."

"Heya kouhais! I'm Asahina Nazuna! Apologies in advance for Miyabi's behavior." The girl that face palmed earlier slightly bowed. 

"Anyway, what do you want with us?" I said bluntly.

"Not 'us', just you." Nagumo replied with a grin. 

"Fufu, a shame that I'm not a target of a senpai. I'm wounded." Sakayanagi gave her remark.

"Even if you're the vice president Nagumo-senpai, my relationship with Horikita-senpai should mean nothing to you."

"The reason for that is because he's a simp!" Asahina-senpai jokingly said.

"Oi, stop saying that. It means a lot to me because Horikita-senpai keeps pretty much to himself about recruitment in the student council. I heard he personally invited you and another first-year to the council."

"And? Is that rare?"

"For the whole time I've known him, he's never personally invited someone in before. Now, he invited two, and got rejected by the both of you."

I could see Kiriyama-senpai gesture for me to not tell the truth. 

"What do you want out of me?"

"It's simple, why did you reject him?"

What? Is he supposed to be Horikita-senpai's guardian? Or is Asahina-senpai's remark of him being a simp really true?

"Because at the time, I wasn't interested in the student council. However you need to get your facts straight senpai, I said to him that I'd think about it."

"Well, that's too bad, the position for first-year representative has already been filled."

"What's that? Sorry senpai but I'm missing the part of where I'm supposed to care."

I've never cared about the student council, not even during my middle school and junior high days. If there's one thing I want to do in my free time, it's self reflection or reading.

"Fufufufu!"

"Ahahaha! Miyabi you just got hit good!"

Nagumo-senpai visibly flinched at my comment while some of the people in our group laughed or sniffled a chuckle.

"Oi! Do you know who you're talking to defect!? This is our class leader!"

"Know your place damn defect!"

Some of the senpais in the cafeteria overheard me and got angry. Sakayanagi and I quietly packed up our bentos and prepared to leave. When we stood up and started walking I felt someone rushing to me.

"Hey! Don't just run away coward!" 

Before the person could reach me, a figure rushed forward and caught their hand.

"Stooping so low as to hit a person with a disability? You bring shame to the image of this school."

When I looked at Sakayanagi, she was grinning like a madwoman. Then, when I turned around, Horikita-senpai was holding onto a hand that was outstreched, aiming for my cane. 

"Horikita-kun! Maida-kun are you okay?" A certain short purple haired girl ran up to us from the entrance of the cafeteria. 

"Tachibana-senpai. Yes, I'm just fine."

"Nagumo, you should learn to control your lackeys better. Trying to hit a kouhai in the open where everyone can see? Disappointing."

Horikita-senpai let go of the guy that tried to hit me, then looked at Nagumo's entourage.

"And you yourself, need to learn to stop harassing people just to find information on my business. That can count as stalking in some people's eyes you know?"

Nagumo-senpai couldn't say anything in front of the man he "respected", because this really was just something out of his control. 

"I came here to eat, but I suppose I've lost my appetite. Maida and Sakayanagi, come with me, I have some business with you two. Tachibana, you could stay here to have lunch if you want."

"Eh? No, I'm not really that hungry so I'll just follow all of you."

"I see, what about you two?"

"We planned to wander Keyaki Mall but I suppose that could wait." I said.

"I'm pretty interested in what you have to say Horikita-senpai."

"Very well, follow me then."

Horikita-senpai went ahead of us as we awkwardly followed. The cafeteria's tense atmosphere disappeared afterwards. 

____________________________________________

Ayanokouji POV

"You want what?"

"Freedom to choose. I'll do my part in this exam and you will give me the freedom to choose whatever I wish to do in future exams." Kouenji said.

We were currently in our shared room with Hirata and Yukimura. Kouenji just requested the freedom to choose what he wants to do in the future exams in exchange for participating in this one.

"Well, I-I guess I could agree to that. What type of contribution will you be making though?"

"Two things. This."

He pulled out his phone and typed something down, a few seconds later a message appeared in all our phones.

[The test has now ended for the Monkey Group. Those in the Monkey Group are no longer required to participate any further. Please do not disturb the other students.]

"What the!?" Yukimura shouted in protest.

"And this." 

He fiddled with his phone again, then multiple messages came into our phones. 

Nine other groups have submitted an answer and finished the exam.

"Kouenji! What in hell's name did you just do!?" Yukimura shouted once again.

"I asked Kushida-girl to accept the deal with that tyrant to unite against Class A. Do not blame her for acting without permission, this was all Maida-boy's plan."

"Huh? Maida-kun had a hand in this? But he's back in school grounds.."

"I will not disclose the details. Just be happy that we all have our freedom once again! Ha ha ha! Now, I must make haste to bathe myself. Adieu." 

Kouenji tossed his phone onto his bed then dramatically walked to the bathroom.

"Wh-What just happened!?"

"I don't know Yukimura-kun. Only Dragon and Rabbit groups are left, you two, please do something about this."

Despite his shock to what the enigma known as Kouenji has done, Hirata maintained his composure and tried to keep acting as a leader. 

"Leave it to us." I said.

Kushida was mad to have accepted Ryuuen's deal. However, someone else was even more mad than she was.

______________________________________

After our fourth discussion, seven people gathered in one table.

Ryuuen, Ichinose, Kushida, Horikita, Hirata, Kanzaki, and me.

"Kukuku, that was real fun. Katsuragi's face was priceless!"

"Sigh...I can't believe I actually agreed to this." Ichinose said, defeated.

"I can't believe you actually kept to your word Ryuuen-kun." Horikita said.

"Kikyou here did a wonderful job of rallying you sheep. Kukukuku."

"What exactly happened Ryuuen-kun? I wasn't really aware of this beforehand." Hirata voiced his concerns.

"Oh, I'll let Kikyou explain that." Ryuuen said, taking a sip from his iced tea.

"Uhm, Kouenji-kun approached me saying to accept Ryuuen-kun's offer, I then approached Kanzaki-kun and Ichinose-san about it."

"Kushida-san here was really convincing us with this. Since the point difference between Class A and B was 6 points we just decided to accept it." Ichinose joined in.

"But then, what exactly did you do? Why leave out the Dragon and Rabbit groups?"

"My intel tells me that Manabe was being a bitch lately, so I let off the Rabbit group easy and gave all of you the choice to either end it or keep it going to teach her a lesson. I wanna see how she handles herself alone without having to fear me, kukuku."

"Well uhm, in the Dragon Group we already know who the VIP is but..."

"Ryuuen insisted on continuing the discussion for the sheer entertainment of provoking Katsuragi. Apparently, he approached Ryuuen with a deal of uniting." Kanzaki finished Kushida's sentence. 

"A masochist at his finest. Kukukuku."

"Anyway guys, this is a list of all the groups we all decided to turn traitor in." Kushida passed a paper and put it down on the table.

Rat Group- VIP:  Class A Traitor: Class C

Horse Group- VIP: Class D  Traitor: Class B

Snake Group- VIP: Class A Traitor: Class C

Cow Group- VIP: Class B Traitor: Class C

Tiger Group- VIP: Class C Traitor: Class D

Monkey Group- VIP: Class B Traitor: Class D

Rooster Group- VIP: Class C Traitor: Class B

Dog Group- VIP: Class C Traitor: Class D

Pig Group- VIP: Class B Traitor: Class C 

Sheep Group- VIP: Class A Traitor: Class B

(There are three VIPs per class, the ones on the official LN I copied, the rest are made up and randomized to fit the numbers needed. Also, Class D is still Class D since the positions won't change till the next month. The other two VIPs are Class D's since it's the Dragon and Rabbit groups)

What was written on this paper was only the supposed scenario, but I had my doubts this was what actually happened since Ryuuen was involved. 

"And now we wait in luxury as Dragon and Rabbit groups continue to make each other their prey. Suzune, if you want we could all gang up on Katsuragi by mocking him, kukukuku."

"No thanks, that's your thing Ryuuen-kun." Horikita rejected.

"You know me so well, kukuku."

"Well, the exam is pretty much cleared, but I might not do something as underhanded as this again." Ichinose stood up and prepared to leave.

"It was nice guys, thanks in advance for getting us to Class A!"

She and Kanzaki left the scene, but the latter had a worried expression on his face.

"Now, what do you plan to do with the last two groups Ryuuen-kun?"

"I keep to my word every once in a while, like I said we're gonna do whatever the hell we want. The Rabbit group is of no concern to me, I just wanted to target Class A this exam, but..."

He finished his iced tea and put the glass on the table, then pointd at Horikita.

"In the next exam, you're my target Suzune."

"Is this perhaps a game to you Ryuuen-kun?"

"Of course it fucking is! No matter who I target, I'm in it for the fun. I'll fight the whole school alone if I wanted to! But even I know that's suicide, kukuku."

All of us gave him a look of concern as he laughed like a maniac.

"Oh right. Oi, beta male, you're friends with Maida yeah? Tell him to recover well because I'll target his ass too, kuku."

"Noted." I said.

"Ah, so you do have a tongue! Then I look forward to my match with him. He's gonna be exciting."

(Masochist sees masochist lmao. Ehem getting beat up by Kiyo ehem jumping off a cliff willingly.)

Ryuuen looked like he was enjoying himself. I don't know what happened to him and Maida but it sure got his gears turning.

"On another note Ryuuen-kun, I should go." Hirata abruptly wanted to leave.

"As do I, it's getting pretty late." Horikita agreed.

"Oh good good, I had some more business with my class anyway, so lets end it here."

Ryuuen got up and instantly left the area. Immediately after he disappeared, we checked for any bugs Ryuuen put and then started bombarding Kushida.

"Kushida-san, who gave you permission to accept that deal?" Horikita asked.

"Eh? Well, I asked Yasushi-kun if I could do anything to win the exam and he said yes, so I went ahead with it."

"That was pretty risky Kushida-san. Please don't do such a thing without our consent again." Hirata said.

"I can vouch for what happened."

Once I said that, everyone look at me.

"Maida got injured because of something that happened between him and Ryuuen. So I went out of my way to try and finish this quickly, but Karuizawa had an issue so I decided to fix that too."

"You're talking about Manabe-san and her friends aren't you?" Hirata asked me.

"Yeah, I wanted for this exam to be over with quickly, but that happened. Kushida and I did this for Maida's sake, since I find it disrespectful for us to fight the other classes straight after he got decommissioned."

"So we went to Ryuuen-kun with Ichinose-san and Kouenji-kun to accept his deal to target Class A."

The plan was to hit Class A's VIPs while also hitting our own VIPs equally, so as to nullify the class points we all get and lose. The only thing everyone gains would be private points. It was a smart plan to target Class A like this, they'd lose a minimum of 150 class points since we guessed their VIPs.

"How did you all figure out the pattern?"

"Ryuuen-kun said it was according to the alphabetical order of our last names then the order of the zodiacs."

That meant for example, for our group, the fourth in the zodiacs, would have Karuizawa Kei as the VIP, the fourth name in the alphabetical order of participants. 

"I...I see, so it was that easy."

"Yeah, turns out we read way to far in between the lines with this one."

"Well, I just hope you and the others can resolve the situation with Karuizawa-san, Ayanokouji-kun."

"We'll try to take care of it tomorrow."

Tomorrow was a break day so Manabe's group would either back off or go on the assault. Karuizawa brought this upon herself but it'll be a worthy trade for me.

After all, this is according to plan. 

Author's Note:

The reason this went so fast is because I wanted to finish Volume 4 ASAP. My plan for Volume 4 interactions was the same as canon anyway, like the interactions with Yamauchi and Sakura, Ayanokouji still had those. I was just too lazy to write everything down.

For my plans in Volume 4.5, I may or may not discard some of the events, then add one in their place, Maida's birthday. I need to reread Volume 4.5 anyway.

Also, I'll be unavailable for a while because of exams, I'll publish the next chapter of Volume 4 tomorrow then I can't write much for at least three days after that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 717 24
A typical Cote X OC fanfiction with a rather different background setting. I could at least assure you of that... Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. The prodigal...
40.9K 800 37
What happens when Chris Evans has a one night stand but things don't go as planned? chris evans x social media
63.4K 1.5K 21
We back baby. Original, somewhat self-insert character, stupid storyline that I'm tryna keep interesting, come read, give it a go, why not? A Classro...
983K 53.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...