This World To You | tokyo rev...

By mochiaus

you weren't supposed to meet them. you weren't supposed to make friends with them. you weren't supposed to ga... More

This World To You | 君に世界
[01] Peculiar Shrine Visits
[02] Repentance
[03] Sweet Dreams
[04] Ripped Receipts
[05] Underlying Denial
[06] Feelings of Hostility
[07] Finding Solace
[08] Persistence
[09] Reassuring Trust
[10] Internal Conflicts
[11] Youthful Lives
[12] Difficult Decisions
[13] Needle & Thread
[14] Comfort in Her Arms
[15] Letter of Gratitude
[16] A White Lie
[16.5] Secret Conversations
[17] Leap of Faith
[18] Lingering Fear
[19] Rekindling Friendships
[19.5] Unannounced Visits
[20] Photogenic
[21] Potential Plans
[22] Distractions
[22.5] Draken Shrine
[23] No Promises
[24] Playground Advice
[25] Other Side of the Park
[25.5] Air Of Melancholy
[26] Far From Life Itself
[27] The Real Truth
[28] Last Goodbyes
[29] Saving A Year
[31] The Same Outcome
[32] Digging Up Old Memories
[32.5] Late Messages
[33] Final Act
[34] Beauty In This World
[35] Care For Oneself
[36] Bottled Up Emotions
[37] Inseparable
[38] An Outstretched Hand
[39] Light in this Life
[40] Turn Over A New Leaf
[41] Understanding Your Sorrow
[42] This World To You
AFTERWORD
Sano "Mikey" Manjirō
Baji Keisuke
Matsuno Chifuyu
Mitsuya Takashi
Kawata Nahoya
Tachibana Naoto
Hanemiya Kazutora
[43] The Same Parfait
[44] Good Times

[30] Together for Eternity

5.7K 342 140
By mochiaus

It was only the next day, yet you've been visited by so many people you couldn't even keep count. However, there was a certain blond boy who didn't show up when the others did. Draken just told you that he wasn't feeling well, but you knew better than that.

Did Mikey not want to see you because you were awake now? Hina told you he occasionally came when you were still unconscious. You waved goodbye to your latest visitor—Nahoya—who came just to play some card games with you. The boy pat your head and wished you well.

You watched him walk out of the door, but for some reason, he just stopped. You saw him scratch his head and waved to you once more, before stepping aside, revealing someone who was hiding in front of Nahoya. "...Mikey-san."

"Hey, [name]cchan. I heard you finally woke up." He closed the door behind him and took the vacant seat next to the bed, leaning his elbows on the mattress. "I can see that you're doing well."

"Yeah, healthy as I'll ever be. How about you?" You tried reaching out for his hand to get him to look at you. Right now, he was just staring down at the white sheets. He noticed that you were stretching out your hand; with a half-hearted chuckle, he intertwined his fingers with your own. "I know it's been a tough week."

"Hm... I don't know how I feel. I've lost so many people I care about in such a short period of time. I'm just glad that you weren't one of them. I'm... so happy to see your face."

"Mikey-san, you don't need to waste those tears on me. Who knew you were so sappy?" You squeezed his hand, "It's been rough for all of us, but know that we're all here for you. Especially Takemichi-san. He's been so desperate lately. Don't know what up with him." Mikey realised something—you didn't know about the time leaping ability. "What have you been doing these past few days?"

"I've been thinking about some things, that's all. Oh, and I also disbanded Toman." He said that so nonchalantly you almost coughed out your left lung.

"What?! Why did you do that? Don't you love Toman?"

"I wanted to end it while we were at the top. Besides, being in gangs... hurts the people I love most. Takemicchi told me why Kisaki was after you. I'm sorry. It's my fault you're like this."

"Mikey-san, you don't have to blame yourself. It's not your fault at all. Kisaki-san was just a crazy ass bitch, it explains why he does all this stuff. I'll never blame you for something like this because I know you have no control over it. So, don't hate yourself too much."

"I'm sorry." Mikey pulled himself closer into the side of your bed and pressed a kiss on the back of your hand, "I'm sorry."

"Mikey-san, don't apologise." He took in a deep breath and dug his nose into the bed sheets, not wanting to look at your loving expression. He didn't deserve all your affection and forgiveness. "It's okay."

"No, it's not okay. The day you were put in here because of surgery... I was here too, for Emma. But I didn't realise that fact. I was... distracted. I'm sorry. Even though it was my fault, I didn't stay with you, for any of it."

"I've heard from Takemichi-san that you joined in the Tenjiku fight without knowing I was here. I think that if you did know, you wouldn't of been able to... well, fight well and achieve this outcome. So, don't blame yourself. Besides, don't you think Emma... Emma-chan is more important than I am? She is your sister after all." Mikey pressed his lips together and took in a few deep breaths.

"You're both important to me." He really wanted to accentuate that fact. "Also, grandpa informed me of the message you left for me. Were you ready to die, [name]cchan? Please tell me you had hope. I wish... I wish I spent time with you that day to talk between us." You noticed his voice crack, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed it. I didn't even get to say goodbye to you properly. I just left– I'm sorry for leavi–"

"Mikey-san." He gazed up from the white sheets towards your face. You didn't look mad at him at all. There was just a tranquil expression.

"...I'm so–"

"Mikey-san." You repeated, causing him to flinch a bit. "You don't need to keep apologising. I know you were feeling some type of emotions after reading Shinichirō-san's letters, I don't blame you. There's no need to feel guilty about all of that. I mean, I'm here now. There's no need to worry."

Mikey looked down at your hands that were intertwined with his. "...You know, [name]cchan, if you were ever to die, I think I'd just have to follow you." His words made you stop breathing for a second there. What the hell did he mean by that? What exactly was he thinking about? "Don't die."

"Mikey-san, don't you ever say something like that again." You let go of his hand and tried to sit up, "You don't get so say stuff like that, ever." You could feel the pain from your wounds very clearly. But for the sake of this short lecture you had to endure it. "Do you even understand what your words mean? If I just happen to die, you'll die just to follow me? You must be stupid, throwing your life away like that."

"[name]cchan–"

"Don't ever– Don't ever think about killing yourself, Mikey-san! Especially if it's for me!" That shut him up real quick. Why were you the one crying this time? You were already in enough pain. "Mikey-san, please be more kind to yourself."

He couldn't believe what you were saying. He knew what was in store for you in the next year. How were you saying stuff like this when you were going to commit suicide soon?! It wasn't fair! It wasn't fair that you loved him more than he loved himself.

"You mean so much to me, [name]cchan." Mikey was careful to not cause you any pain when he wrapped his arms around your upper back. "I don't want to see you hurt ever again."

"I don't want to see you suffering either, Mikey-san."

———

Thanks to your body being able to recover so quickly, you were able to be discharged from the hospital within three weeks. Baji was even there like last time to see you off and to hand you flowers. He said he had a few things to do... something about some letters so he couldn't stay for long.

However, even though you thought that being at home meant peace and quiet you were wrong again. Your phone would not stop ringing, and when it did, it would decide to ring every five minutes. Why? You might be wondering. It's because some people don't know what emailing is.

"Takemichi-san, please tell me you have a good reason for calling me."

"I swear it's a good reason... I think!" You could hear him shuffling around, "Please don't hang up on me."

"Then what is it?"

"In a few days, on March 15th come to Musashi Shrine... Um, I'll let you know what time later. We're going to bury a time capsule. We, as in the Toman captains! And Baji-kun too."Was this why Baji was so busy? He was busy trying to think of what to write. "Have a letter written to yourself in twelve years time as well as any other important things."

"Why do you want me to join? I mean..."

"Because you're important to everyone! See you then!" Takemichi hung up the phone right then and there. He was doing everyone a favour by being the one to call you. Hopefully, before he time leaps again, something will change within you. And he hoped that this event might be the trigger.

———

"Hmph... If he was going to invite me then why isn't he helping up the stairs? Geez, being on crutches sure stinks." You were already late for this little meeting, only because you were having too much trouble climbing the up the steps. "I'm going to kill him..."

"[last name]-chan!" You looked up to see who called your name, "You should've yelled when you got here. I was worried you might've gotten into an accident or something."

"Mitsuya-san, you're an angel in disguise." The boy tilted his head at your words, unsure of what you meant. He ended up carrying your bridal style towards the former-gang members who were crowded beneath a tall tree behind the shrine.

"Guys! She's here!"

"Hello." Just as you expected, everyone had already arrived—Takemichi included. You shot him a glare, causing him to shrivel up on the spot. "Um, Mitsuya-san, you can let me go now."

"Just a little longer, okay?" All you could do was just lay in his arms right now.

"[name]-chan, you should've called me when you were here." Baji held up your hand, "I would've helped you."

"Well, I thought Takemichi-san was going to help me. But, as you can see, Mitsuya-san is not Takemichi-san. So, I heard we're burying a time capsule?" You saw Hakkai nod—was he the one who thought of this idea? "Well, thanks for inviting me. I feel appreciated." Mitsuya finally put you down and helped you walk over to the box that was on the floor.

"What did you bring, [last name]-chan?" Chifuyu pointed towards the large manila folder in your hand. "Did you bring a lot?"

"It wouldn't be fun if I told you now, right?"

"After so long... I might forget what I put in it."

"Good! That's the real thrill of a time capsule."

"Everyone!" Mikey called out, latching himself onto your arm, "Let's remember. Twelve years from now, on the anniversary of Toman's formation. June 19th... Let's meet here again!"

"Twelve years seems oddly specific." You muttered to yourself.

"Don't question it, [last name]." Draken ruffled your hair, "Just remember, in twelve years, alright?"

"Whatever you say."

word count—1710

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 871 22
Hi guys, this is a Mikey x reader but it will kind of slow progress between the two. Yes we are badasses in this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I hope you guys enjoy t...
15.8K 787 82
-Tokyo Revengers! but I don't tell you the love interest. -Only a small amount of the population has been brought into a strange new world where murd...
20.5K 472 17
takemitchi and hina, draken and emma, 2 out of 3 boys in the trio have a lover. Everyone but Mikey. He was never the type to be satisfied by a femal...
9.2K 330 29
Hello! Welcome to another Tokyo Revengers x reader! Though this has the biggest plot twist in the end! Don't go to the end and spoil it for others! H...