BECOMING HUMAN

By KawaiiExpertise

Aurora has been an orphan her entire life with no clue of who she really is and where she came from. Aurora h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44 (ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE END!)
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58

CHAPTER 59

23 1 0
By KawaiiExpertise

Seeing Logan leave the table, Seokjin excused himself to the bathroom.

Jungkook watched as Seokjin disappeared into the crowd of guests who were near the bar waiting for their orders.

Fiddling with his thumbs, Jungkook glanced at Aurora, seeing that she was quietly waiting for Logan's return. She pulled out her phone habitually to not feel any more awkward than she already did from sitting alone at the table.

Walking into the bathroom, Logan began to mumble under his breath as he fixed his tie. "My damn father...always putting me in a tight spot." Going to the sink, Logan adjusted his hair in the mirror to look the part. Huffing, he went into a stall.

Seokjin soon walked into the bathroom, clearing his throat. Going into a bathroom stall, he relieved himself.

When Logan came out, he washed his hands. Hearing another stall open up, the male glanced into the mirror in front of him to see who was in the restroom with him. Seeing Seokjin, Logan's eyes lit up.

He turned around astonished. "What are you doing here?"

Looking up at him, Seokjin grinned. "Fancy seeing you here, Logan."

"I'm a bit surprised as well," Logan replied a bit uneasy.

Seokjin approached the sink and began to wash his hands. "I see that you're on a date tonight."

Logan's stomach sank. "Don't tell me my father sent you..."

"On the contrary," Folding his arms, Seokjin exhaled. "Jungkook was sent."

"What?" Logan gaped. "Are you serious?"

"Don't worry. He's not going to get you into any trouble with your father."

Logan pursed his lips and eyes the floor for a brief second. "But why would he send him?"

"Because your father trusts him," Seokjin explained plainly. "I don't really see it as a bad thing. I'm sure you know that Jungkook loves his master. He'd do well to please her more than that old man of yours."

Puzzled, Logan questioned, "You know about their relationship?"

"Yes, I do." Moving aside for other men to come in, Seokjin assured Logan, "But you don't have to worry about me spilling the beans. I'm only here to help Jungkook out with some business. I won't tell you what that business is, but I'm sure in due time you'll know."

Logan remained quiet.

After Seokjin dried his hands, he added, "By the way, you have some explaining to do."

Dumbstruck, Logan asked, "Explaining about what?"

Breathing, Seokjin said, "I spoke with your father the other day."

"...okay?"

"The topic came up by chance," Seokjin added, "But he told me that you got accepted for a job opportunity in Yonkers."

Logan gulped. "He told you?"

"Yes, he did." Seokjin admitted. "Tell me something, Logan."

Logan moved aside for some of the men to leave the restroom.

Once they were alone, Seokjin continued. "What ever happened to you working for me once everything was said and done?"

Logan was speechless. "I..."

"And on top of that, not only did you get a job opportunity in Yonkers," Seokjin continued as he approached him. "You were also accepted for the job? When were you going to tell me?"

Unsure of what to say, Logan lowered his head in defeat. "...I would have told you sooner but...I'm still holding off on it for a while."

"And why is that?" The doctor wondered.

"Because..." Logan mumbled. "...there's a girl that I'm in love with, and I don't want to hurt her feelings by letting her know."

"Really?" Seokjin gaped in awe. "Is it that girl you're dining with?"

Breathing a sigh of relief, Logan nodded. "Yeah, it is."

"My, my..." Seokjin held his chin. "Who would have thought that you'd hold back this much for a girl? You haven't dated any female who'd keep you this engaged ever since—"

"Not another word out of you." Logan deadpanned.

Seokjin silenced himself. "...alright. But you should go and visit her family."

"The hell with her." Logan sneered. "I vowed to never see that girl after we broke up years ago! Besides, I have more important matters to take care of. And I love Aurora. I don't need to return to my vomit to make myself feel good again."

"Ouch." Seokjin winced. "That's a bit vulgar."

"Whatever," Walking past the scientist, Logan warned Seokjin to mind his business. "Whatever you and Jungkook are here for, I don't need you to ruin anything for me and my girl. She already has enough problems as it is, and so do I. The fact that my father still runs his mouth to you about my life really doesn't even surprise me anymore. But enough is enough."

Seokjin didn't say a word.

Instead, he proceeded to fix his tie and make his way out.

Returning to his table, Logan grunted as he sat down.

"Is everything okay?" Aurora asked.

Pulling his seat closer to the table, Logan leaned forward saying, "Did you know that Jungkook is here?"

Aurora wasn't surprised. "I'm guessing that's why he was so adamant about me giving him my location for tonight."

"You told him that we were going to be here, Aurora?" Logan was in disbelief.

"Well, yeah?" Aurora confessed. "I thought he was just concerned about me being safe, so I just sent him the info. I didn't think he'd actually show up."

Logan leaned back in his seat and mumbled, "...and Dr. Kim is here too."

"Dr. Kim?"

"Yeah...you probably don't know him since you don't get out much."

Aurora glowered. "Whatever."

"But he's really famous. I mean—really famous. He used to be in an iconic music group some years ago but they all retired and decided to become scientists..."

Aurora sat and pondered for a moment. "Sounds like a group I know..."

"What?" Logan wondered what Aurora said.

"N-Nothing..." Aurora stuttered. "I was just thinking about something. It's nothing important."

Logan seemed to be too bothered by tonight to really mind what Aurora said. Seeing how distant he was, Aurora asked, "So what will happen after tonight? What is your father going to do?"

"I don't know. That man isn't as predictable as I make him out to be. Hopefully Jungkook won't run his mouth and claim I did anything suspicious."

"I'm sure Jungkook wouldn't do that. And if anything, I'll speak to him about it."

"I'm sorry," Logan sighed. "I don't mean to sound so bitter. I just don't trust that man."

"I get it..." Aurora whispered.

"Enough of my huffing and puffing." Logan forced himself to calm down. "Was dinner good? Would you like more wine or anything?"

"No, this is enough. I'd rather have dessert, but I'm pretty full." Aurora chuckled as she patted her stomach.

"I can always order to go."

"Eh, nah. That's alright."

Logan called a waitress over and requested a menu for dessert.

Aurora frowned at Logan. "You and Jungkook, man...you both just can't help but fatten me up."

"Hey, a girl's gotta eat. And since you're going to be modeling starting tomorrow, I don't want you to look like those other models who starve themselves. I want my girl to look thick."

Aurora tried to hide her smug and unimpressed face. "Uh huh..."

"I'm just kidding babe—I mean—" Logan pinched the bridge of his nose. "I am such an idiot."

Aurora laughed. "Stop being so tense. Who's going to be close enough to hear that?"

"Listen—when it comes to my father, you can't be too careful." Logan warned.

When Seokjin returned to the table, Jungkook questioned his whereabouts.

"I went to confront Logan in the bathroom."

Jungkook's eyes widened. "Why the hell would you do that?!"

The doctor was stirred by Jungkook's rage. "My, you seem to be upset." He grinned.

Jungkook ran his hand through his hair and sighed, sitting back in his seat.

"Everything is alright, Jungkook. I already told Logan that you wouldn't report anything that would compromise his relationship with your master. Although, I am still disappointed I couldn't see her face properly as I was walking past. Perhaps in the future I'll see it. Or you can just send me a picture of her via text whenever you get the chance to."

Jungkook shrugged. "I guess."

Clearing out his throat, Logan spoke up. "Say, Aurora."

Aurora was happy to hear her boyfriend sound calmer. "Yes, Logan?"

"Since you're gonna start working tomorrow...I wanted to give you some tips for you to be careful of."

Nodding, Aurora gave Logan her undivided attention. "Yes, what is it?"

"First of all, since you're new, be aware that a lot of the models—particularly the females—will try to show you up."

The tomboy tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

"Modeling is a competitive industry...all the friendly faces you see around the facility—they're all fake. You'll see how many of them will act all lovey dovey with each other. It makes me sick—but that's beside the point. I'm going to tell you as it is—don't get close with any of them. I'm telling you, the day you feel you can trust any of those girls, you'll make yourself vulnerable."

"Vulnerable, how?"

"Think about how a relationship works. When two strangers meet, they are more than likely to withhold their true selves from the other individual. They don't tell much of themselves or their thoughts to that person. But as time goes on, they become more familiar with them to the point that they develop a trust and a bond with them. Eventually, they'd want to tell that person everything about themselves. And that's the mistake that many make when they become a model."

"I see." Aurora carefully placed her arms on the table to keep her composure. In case other people—besides Jungkook—were around, she wouldn't appear uncomfortable. "I understand. I'll be sure to be careful."

"Great." Logan exhaled in relief.

After some time, Jungkook realized that the couple were preparing to leave the restaurant.

"They're leaving."

Seokjin turned around to glance at the couple. "Is that so? Shall we follow them out?"

"No." Jungkook deadpanned.

Seokjin smirked. "Well, tonight was charming."

Upon leaving the restaurant, Seokjin called for a pickup. He looked at the android with a smile. "We should definitely meet up again—under more pleasant circumstances."

Jungkook shrugged. "You didn't really give me much information that would help me..."

"Well," Folding his arms, Seokjin replied. "As I've mentioned earlier, your creator told me to not meddle in his business with what you do or don't know. In due time, the truth will be revealed to you."

"I just don't understand..." Jungkook mumbled as he grasped his forehead. "Why do I have to wait? Why can't I know now? So that I can figure all of this mess out? Who I am, where I came from? The purpose of me being here? Who my original master was—"

"You know who she is." Seokjin pointed out. "She's closer than you think."

The android winced at those words.

...closer than I think? How is that possible?

Once the driver arrived, Seokjin invited Jungkook to receive a ride home. The android nodded slowly.

Getting in, Jungkook's mind wandered off for a moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 5.9K 42
•mature content• -Sexual themes from mild angst to 21+ -violence (will have tw) This fantasy story is about where a group of all kinds of beings and...
88.8K 6.5K 30
"The Maleficent they call will be a princess in my eyes forever." ---------------------------------------------- A story where a sweet guy falls unco...
272K 13.1K 47
"Jung--------" "Jimin... Please.. I never Loved you! like never ever! leave me alone, please! " Jungkook pleaded at Jimin. "Take care Jungkook" Jimi...
5K 184 20
Abandoned at seven, twelve year-old Y/n has tried numerous times to escape the cruel orphanage. Every time she tried, she got dragged back. The orpha...