Twilight of Itaewon | Taekook...

By AnecdotesOfABroken

In which police officer Jeon Jeongguk was allocated to a suicide case of a boy named Kim Taehyung. A case tha... More

Disclaimer
1. Late night
2. Coffee & Case files
3. The 221
4. Fairy lights
5. Broken Chants
6. Enigmas of Life
7. Paper Hearts
8. A What?
9. Strawberries & Scribbles
10. Starry Weekends
11. Truths & Myths
12. Ellipsis
13. Hope and Sunshine
14. Neon Stars
15. Hold on
16. Broken Moon
17. Perfect Mess
18. Chaos Within Tragedy
19. Faded letters
20. Euphoria...
21. Muted Desires
22. Hazel Oceans
23. Safe place
24. The way we are
25. Stigma
27. Guilty Pleasure
28. Us; The Unknowns
29. Alien Promise
30. Mayhem or Myth
31. I'm You
32. Dwell on the past
33. Truth or Truth
34. The quest for answers.
35. Meteor & Memories
36. Springs & Souls
37. Youniverse!
38. To the eternity
39. Fix you
40. We Vs. Reality
41. Taboo & Tales
42. ...Ships in the night
43. Evening Hue
44. We; The Dreamers
45. Snow Flower
46. Winter nights
47. The Amethyst
48. Us.
49. The pain & Cure
50. The Truth Untold
51. Save me; Save Us
52. Far ; Together
53. Eves with Us
54. Sweet Night
55. F.R.I.E.N.D.S
56. Strive & Survive
57. Fated Mates
58. Longing And Desires
59. Life Goes On
60. A Perfect Dawn
61. Our world
62. Your Eyes Tell
63. Re-write The Stars
64. Utopia...
65. Dew Drops
66. Semicolon
67. Our Little Thing
68. Re-living Life
69.Closer to you
70. Still With You.
72. Rain & Shine
73. Scarlet dusk
Q&A of TOI
75. Lovers Of The Twilight
76. [BONUS] Love Language
77. [BONUS] Together
78. [BONUS] Forever
79.[BONUS] In Every Universe
A/N
SURPRISE!

74. Destined!

3.5K 177 21
By AnecdotesOfABroken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback [Days before they visited Dear Moon]

The midnight was at its peak, hard to skip for him because of the tired eyes demanding the necessary sleep. But his heart and body were restless, squirming under the duvet, eyes wide staring at the ceiling. It's been almost two hours since he was tossing and turning, cursing under his breath for whatever reason of his sleeplessness. A frustrated sigh left from his mouth as he sat upon the bed, gazing around. His hands found their way to pull the silver locks and rubbed his eyes. The window was open and a smooth breeze came inside through the parted curtains, the purple dream catcher floating and the chilliness of the wind reaching towards him too.

He hugged himself, bringing his knees to his chest, resting his head on them, and glanced at the dark black outside. The dazzling night forces him to think about life again, the chapters he closed before, the stories he forgot he wrote already, portray the people he believes he has no connection with. The depth of the silence was a pushover in front of his chaotic mind. Ugh, living a life without missing anything is tiring. If you want to know the value of things, you would have to know how it feels when they're out of your eyesight. Just like his memories, when they're out of reach, they look more captivating. 

Taehyung got up from the bed and walked towards the balcony. A part of him wanted to open the door and sit outside with his favorite complicated self. But the other part was sleep-deprived, drained out of warmth and craving for love. Weird. It's two in the morning. His stomach churns at the thought of sleeping again. Exhausted is not a term to explain himself now. He was done with all of these. No more playing, no more testing his patience, please.

Taehyung tried really hard to survive. And thank the Lord, he did. He survived better than he thought. That doesn't mean he will do this for a living- forever. No. NO. Survival costs everything. Time, energy, people, memory, and love. For now, Taehyung wanted to sleep. He wanted to forget everything and take a nap under a comfy duvet. So he walks. Walk towards the kitchen. Coffee? No. Never in a zillion lifetime.

He searched inside the refrigerator to eat something at that odd hour. You won't believe him when he ignores the fresh strawberries. What the hell happened that made Taehyung avert his eyes from the strawberries? Weird enough. Closing the refrigerator, he dragged himself to the living room. Swaying there in the living room for a bit, he thought of something. Change of plan. 

When Jimin and Taehyung bought the apartment, they didn't put a lot of thought into the guest room. Since the best friends are gonna share a room anyway, the pink aesthetic bedroom was nothing big to them. Sometimes when GangBangtan comes for sleepovers, they use it else no one really goes in there. And now when he enters the bedroom, the old vanilla scent of Jimin's perfume is gone. The pink room now looks different.

A small blue light from the lamp lighting the space, the musky yet easing scent was idling there as he stepped in slowly. There was a lump on the bed, covered in a white fluffy blanket, a little ball curled near the edge of the bed which Taehyung realized is Jeon Yeontan, sleeping soundly next to his owner. He knows it's stupid. No, it's not stupid, it's creepy. But who cares. It's two in the morning and 221 is his home, Jeon Jeongguk is his forgotten lover. Great. 

The room was neat, with an evident touch of Jeongguk of course. Each corner speaks of the younger's habits which Taehyung found out recently or recollected. Jeongguk doesn't like too musky or too fruity scents, as he's sensitive to smell. He needs things arranged, neatly organized, and schedules to be perfectly planned. Jeongguk prefers dark curtains and wardrobe collections, he likes clothes in white or black, maybe grey just like Yoongi. Alcohol is a piece of cake- oh cake, Jeongguk doesn't like sweets that much, but he loves cheesecakes with choco chips on them. If he can, Jeongguk will paint the walls of his rooms grey in a snap, and he starts his day by making the bed. He likes to sleep on the right side of the bed using very minimal space. Rumors are there that he's very good in aftercare and breakfast-in-bedroom- if you know, you know. 

Taehyung gathered the last bit of information about the younger in a fraction of seconds. Shaking his head, he strolled inside the room, careful steps led him to the side of Jeongguk who was sleeping soundly. Oh, Jeongguk is a heavy sleeper. It took a moment for Taehyung to settle on the side of the bed, next to Jeongguk, and stare at him like he's a miracle. Actually, he's. A miracle that happened to his life to make him certain that he is indeed the favorite of the universe.

Taehyung smiles. He was at a loss for words to explain the feeling taking over him at that moment. Up close, Jeongguk looks soft and cute. The intimidating demeanor of a superintendent general is long gone and he looks like a bunny now. Taehyung suppressed giggles but his breath hitched when Jeongguk squirmed and turned to his left side, hugging the pillow. He was still in a deep slumber for the happiness of Taehyung. 

With a soft smile on his lips and controlling his breath and heart from bursting out, Taehyung slides into the blanket, next to Jeongguk. He knows this is an end game for him and whatever is going on between him and Jeongguk. But at least his heart is in bliss. Being very careful with his every movement, Taehyung took the pillow from Jeongguk's hand and rested his head on the other's hand, moving closer to him. He placed Jeongguk's other hand on his waist, pulled the duvet over them. He's not going to sleep. Not until he admires Jeongguk.

A shy blush creeping up on his cheeks because of his own doing. He felt like a teenager acting around his crush, blushing and feeling weak under his gaze. In this case, Jeongguk is sleeping. Still, Taehyung was a bright scarlet under the dim lighting of the room, in Jeongguk's arms. He wondered how the sleep of the world would come to him right now when he's finally closer to Jeongguk. 

Taehyung felt his heartbeats are disturbing the thick silence of the room, his body struggles to stay sane next to Jeongguk. Eyes wide open, he scanned the younger. The jet black eyes are hiding the stars in them, perfect nose bridge leading to his red pouty lips and Taehyung stumbled upon the mole under the lower lip. His fingers traveled to trace the soft features of Jeongguk's face. The eyelashes tickle him and eyes and fingertips linger on the lips of the sleeping male. With a crimson blush, Taehyung let his finger wander to the cheek scar. He outlined it and gazed at Jeongguk with admiration.

"Your scars are stars for me, Jeonggukkiee... I hope you know that you amaze me, and my heart craves for you, your attention, and your touch. I will not say this in front of you, face to face but I can say it now... Youre handsome, Ggukkiee... You're so hot and handsome." 

Taehyung whispered. If Jeongguk woke up because of his crazy midnight confession, he's doomed. So, Taehyung took another deep breath, suppressed the urge to giggle at his own doing, and leaned in to kiss on Jeongguk's scar. His lips just brushed there because of the nervousness. Peeking to Jeongguk and confirming that he's still in a deep sleep, Taehyung moved to press his lips on the younger's beautiful eyelashes.

He felt the hold on his waist tightening. Maybe Jeongguk was thinking he's a pillow. Taehyung snuggled closer to him, comfortably laying on Jeongguk's strong biceps and inhaling all the warmth of him. He can hear the soothing heartbeats of the other. Like a lullaby, it's pulling him closer to a deep siesta, whispering the beautiful lines of a ballad. His hand moved to hug Jeongguk hesitantly and he stayed like that. His hazel orbs gape at the younger's abs, yes, another thing Taehyung noticed is that Jeongguk loves to sleep shirtless. His sleep is close to him but Taehyung found Jeongguk is more fascinating. 

"You're cute when you sleep, you're warm when I'm cold. You're strong when I'm weak. I find you as my missed puzzle, I look at you as you're the most precious human in the world. Youre and you deserve it, Jeongguk." 

Taehyung whispered again. His hands moved to cup Jeongguk's cheeks after patting the soft raven hair of the sleeping male. Whatever Taehyung was murmuring was the truth. The truth he found out these days or recalled from the past. Taehyung hugs Jeongguk tight and sinks himself in that tenderness of being in the arms of the other. He felt safe, protected from everything and everyone. Though he can't take a risk of sleeping there, at least he will seize the moment. He preps Jeongguk's chest and heart with sweet and soft kisses, without waking him up.

Staying like that for some time, he got up with a content sigh and a blush, removed the blanket, and covered Jeongguk properly with it, then walked out, not forgetting to caress Tannie's fur and place a kiss on the puppy too. He was sleepy. But he doesn't want to. He wanted to share what he was feeling right now with someone, or to something. 

He sauntered to his bedroom, opened his wardrobe to find a sapphire box in it. As settling on the bean bag on his balcony, Taehyung gazed at the night sky. Stars above are no longer sad because there stood the moon next to them, helping them to shine within. Taehyung felt like he was lost in the view of the twilight. And he took out the pen to scribble his first note in the purple diary. There was a lock Jeongguk put on it and he guessed it was 1230- his birthdate. Yes, the officer never lets him down, he always keeps him close. Taehyung flipped the page after reading the first note of Jeongguk. With a blissful smile, he scanned the blank page solely. There were things hazed in his mind but he didn't know how to jot them down. Taking a deep breath, Taehyung gripped the pen. His handwriting is beautiful when he takes his time to engrave the true emotions. And Taehyung began. 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

To my beloved moon...

We met each other beyond all time, we were far even though destined to be together. But I knew it. someday- someday we will find each other, and I will be in your arms and you will always be in my heart. I want to hold your hands again before we disappear to eternity, I want to feel your love before we forget ourselves. I want to tell you that... Thank you for loving me yesterday, today and tomorrow. Thank you for completing my starry yet forlorn galaxy. 
I vow to conquer in love with you to the universe. 

This is the fairytale of Kim Taehyung, a survived soul, introverted heart, forever in love, and dearly being loved and claimed by the moon.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

_end_of_Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's the special thing about flashbacks- Jeon Jeongguk doesn't know them.

Thoughts? 

~AnecdotesOfABroken

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 9.9K 27
After having his heart broken and shattered into pieces, Taehyung leaves his life behind at Seoul and moves to Paris for a new life and beginning. Fi...
3.1K 181 5
A short story Between an idol (jeon jungkook) who arrested by police for murdering his best friend and a struggling lawyer (kim taehyung)... top-taeh...
78.9K 5.5K 32
{COMPLETED} All of his life Taehyung hated police and Jungkook couldn't stand criminals. can love find a way to bloom between them.. preview "Kooki...
134K 4.4K 45
Kim taehyung - an university topper student, struggling in his daily life to get job but he applied in Jeon corp but as a maid, which leads to meet h...