𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐄𝐒: 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑�...

By Ada_xoxo_

ᴀᴘʀɪʟ ᴋᴜᴛɪ, a naive teenager finally gets awarded a scholarship to study in the best school in River's State... More

INTRODUCTION💜
CHARACTERS💜
CHAPTER ONE💜
CHAPTER TWO💜
CHAPTER THREE💜
CHAPTER FOUR 💜
CHAPTER FIVE💜
CHAPTER SIX💜
CHAPTER SEVEN💜
CHAPTER EIGHT💜
CHAPTER NINE💜
CHAPTER TEN💜
CHAPTER ELEVEN💜
CHAPTER TWELVE💜
CHAPTER THIRTEEN💜
CHAPTER FOURTEEN💜
CHAPTER FIFTEEN💜
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN💜
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN💜
CHAPTER NINTEEN💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ💜
CHAPTER THIRTY💜
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ 💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʳ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ & ғɪᴠᴇ 💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sɪx💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-sɪx💜
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN💜

CHAPTER TWENTY💜

259 72 15
By Ada_xoxo_

     Immediately Tibiebi was out of sight, Boma turns to her friends.

"I swear, that girl is a witch; look how she was smiling with us; it is time to stab us in the back; she will be marked present even before everyone." Boma says.

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." I do not consider her a threat; anyone who hates Ibinabor is my best friend. "Your enemy's enemy is your best friend!" Wendy says as she shrugs.

"Look at how she spoke, like a nice person. First and foremost, witch. She just returned, and she is already wreaking havoc in their room!" Darlintina speaks.
"Honestly, I have never liked her," Darlintina says.

"Someone who does not think negatively of you?" Wendy inquires in a questioning tone.

"Wendy, who does not hate you in this school? Just so you know, if they are marking people who like you now. For example, give it a rating of 100. It will be one percent, and that one percent represents half of me and you!" Darlintina mocks and makes the other girls laugh. Boma laughs the loudest, but she pauses when she realizes something.

"So you are trying to say I do not like Wendy?" Boma inquires, and the four friends laugh this time.

              ____________________________🖊

  April hugs her book to her chest as they enter the corridor that leads to the cafeteria. Dumlesi appeared to be busy dancing and getting close to Science, who would push her whenever she got close; the girls were just too dramatic.

   Nancy walked beside them, obviously busy cleaning her glasses. April could not help but notice how beautiful she looked without glasses.

When they reach the doorway, they nearly collide with someone. April, who was attempting to regain her balance, locked eyes with someone, and her breath hitched.

Jordan, who did not look away, stared into her eyes, as if he was looking for something, as if he was waiting for her reaction. Wondering if he could remember what happened. She looks away sharply, and when she notices no one has noticed what happened, she quickens her pace so she can catch up with Science and her peers.

She is startled when a broad shoulder crosses over her neck. Looking up, she sees Lights' smiling face. It was no surprise that he was taller than her. April was perceived as a tall girl when compared to other girls her age, so you could imagine Light.

"Dark Barbie, how was your night?" Light asks. It does not take her long to realize what he called her. Over the course of a few weeks, she realized she was very comfortable with Light but felt very uncomfortable with Nimi or other guys. She concluded that it was because he was more relaxed and straightforward.

"Sponge Bob!" She smirks or says, "Sqoobydoo, how about squirrels?" She inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Huh, those names are for?" Light asks in a calm voice.

"They are for you. Who else? "Since you have decided to call me black Barbie!" April explains. Making Light smile.

"I did not call you Black Barbie; I called you Dark Barbie!" Light argues.

So what is the difference?" April asks.

"The difference is that you are unique!" Light remarks.

Because of the argument, they didn't notice when they got to there usual spot.

"Abeg, please quit being so mushy; it is getting annoying!" Dumlesi says, instantly grabbing their interest. Light releases April. They quickly sit down.

April is surprised by the food on the table and wonders when they got it, so she turns to Science.

"When you were busy being lovey-dovey, how would you notice when I went to get the food?" Dumlesi asks carelessly and mockingly. April wondered how she could read her thoughts. April looks to her left, only to see Nancy eating her meal.

"You did not get the Light?" Science questions Dumlesi, who abruptly stops.

"I do not know what he eats, and most importantly, I had no idea he would be sitting with us. Even if I did, I would never get him food!" Dumlesi replies bluntly.

"Who will eat what you bring? So you will poison me? God forbid." Light speaks in a dramatic tone. April could not help but smile because she had noticed they never got along. And she thought it was kind of cute. She imagined how they would appear if they were actually dating.

"See this one!" Dumlesi asks in mocking tone.

"Besides, I am not hungry!" Light searches his pocket and in less than a second pulls out five bars of chocolate, which he distributes to everyone except Dumlesi, who simply rolls her eyes. April could not help but laugh at his childish behavior. She just murmured her thanks. He nods in response.

"Light, you are funny. You are not giving any to Dums?" Science asks, amidst laughter. "Thank you, Jawe." She says.

"Who even wants it?" Dumlesi questions and hisses.

"Look at her!" He speaks in a thick accent.

"I do not eat chocolate!" Nancy says. Wondering who just said that April turns over to Nancy's direction.

"What girl does not like chocolate?" Light, who appeared to be speaking to her for the first time, asks.

"Me!" Nancy replies. In the meantime, April keeps a close eye on her. Light retrieves the chocolate and hands it to April.

"This is for you, Darky Barbie," he smirks, "the dark appears localized!" He says, eliciting a smile from April. He hands Science another chocolate. "That was supposed to be for the black witch," he says, casting a glance at Dumlesi.

"Light I will not just respond with your artificial pink lips!" Dumlesi rolls her eyes. Getting Light to laugh.

"So, she stares at my lips, baby; they belong to my lucky princess. "Not you!" Light speaks, while Dumlesi rolls her eyes.

"The midterm test will soon begin!" Nancy says, and April turns to her, wondering if she was the one who spoke.

"I heard the same thing; the competition will start soon," Dumlesi says with a smile.

"We should start reading. Dumlesi, you know how most of them will set what they did not teach and starts saying; you do not read ahead." Science chuckles.

          ____________________________🖊

   It was a Saturday morning, and junior students were already up, doing their laundry and cleaning up. Seniors, as usual, took advantage of their status as seniors and prefects. They always stayed back and did it in their spare time. A small group of people were out inspecting.  Jordan, who appeared engrossed in his phone, appears to be preoccupied with it.

  Goriola is sitting in a corner, and Wealth, who has been avoiding Jordan for the past week, was also present. Femi, the DSP boy, appeared to be enjoying his warm bed. In Hallel College, perfects were given exclusive dorms, which differentiated them from the Junoir. Most Seniors without posts or hostel prefects were assigned to specific rooms and were in charge of supervising the Juniors. Without saying anything, Raphael enters, grabs something, and goes about his business.
Everyone was aware of his passion for overseeing juniors, especially those in SS2.

"Gori, mind it!" Wealth threatens, clearly Goriola had said something to infuriate him once more. Ever since the incident, Goriola had been a pain in the neck. There is nothing you could tell Wealth that would convince him Goriola was not the reason Jordan found out.

Even after Jordan confirmed, he went to check on his sister. He knew Goriola was behind everything. He could not bring himself to look at Jordan.

They had just been distant, and the funny part was that Jordan did not say anything to them; he simply walked away, leaving Goriola with them. He has not spoken up about it yet. They have just been having some awkward and brief conversation. Jordan's eyes conveyed disappointment and mistrust every time they made eye contact. Knowing his friend, he knew whatever happened would hurt him, but he was never the type to talk. That made things worse.

"Stop threatening me; I was not the one having sex with my best friend's girlfriend," Goriola says, making sure to quote her. Always relating the incident to whatever was going on had become his job, and he could not care less. Jordan gets up and walks out as soon as he said that. When he closes the door, Wealth gives Goriola a menacing glare.

"I made a mistake, and I am not proud of it either, but no matter what you do or how hard you try, you can not take my place. I am confident he would eventually forgive me. Jordan is not the kind to hold grudges."

Goriola exploded with laughter the moment Wealth finished speaking.

"You are truly pitiful. He will never be able to trust you again!" Goriola says, his expression neutral.

"That has been your plan all along!" Wealth lets out. Goriola responds with a mock smile. "If you truly cared about Jordan, as you appear to, you would not snitch! Do you realize how much this has hurt him?" Wealth asks innocently.

"I did not snitch, bro. Do not misquote it. I only told my friend the truth. You simply sound stupid. Yes, I did not tell him directly. I made him see the truth!" Goriola speaks.

"I have always known you did. No man is an island, she kept tempting me, we all got weaknesses." Wealth explains. He pulls out a black nylon, and Goriola, who already knew what was inside, smiles.

"Jordan is a weak person. You know you should not mess with me because you will not be able to go scout free." Goriola says, not smiling.

"You are evil!" Wealth declares.

"You have started taking it for emotional reasons. You might as well get addicted." Goriola laughs at Wealth, who ignores him completely.

            ____________________________🖊

  Ibinabor hugs herself as she walks into the school grounds with her mother, who is not smiling at all. They went straight to the reception room. Mrs Boma Anete sits on one of the chairs. It was clear they were waiting for someone. Ibinabor did not smile.

"If you like throw away your drugs?" Mr Anete says with a strict tone.

"Mum, I have heard!" Ibinabor murmurs; she was already tired of her mother's bickering. If not for her father's insistence, she would have preferred to come in with the driver.

"Because of you, I missed my flight," Mrs Boma Anete complains. Meanwhile, Ibinabor rolls her eyes and wonders if she was forced to accompany her. Deep down, she knew her father had forced her.

"Mum!" She heard Gillians' voice.

"Aunty Boma!" This voice irritates Ibinabor to the core; she could see Wendy shining her thirty-two with an evil smile.

"How are you, dear?" Mrs Anete inquiries.

"I am fine, Aunt; you are looking good!" Wendy compliments. Ibinabor could not help but roll her eyes. "I.b, how is your health?" Wendy inquires, shining her thirty-two; in the meantime, Ibinabor looks at her as if she had two heads.

"Wendy, you both stay in the same room, correct?" Mr Boma, who was completely unaware of what was going on, asks sweetly.

"Yes!" Wendy mutters.

"Make sure I.B. takes her medications. If she does not, please call me on the phone!" Mrs. Boma says.

"I will!" Wendy responds. Mrs Boma was completely unaware of the eye-balling contest her daughter and niece were having. She turns to Gillian, who appears to be asking for something important, while Wendy makes excuses and leaves. Not after hearing "Eye service!" from Ibinabor. She didnt care less too.

"Vivian, how is your health?" Gillian addresses Ibinabor by her English name. They did not look like twins because they had no resemblance, and Ibinabor was taller than she was.

"I am okay now!" Ibinabor grumbles.

1971 Words🌹

THE BETRAYAL SER🌹ES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 19.1K 106
ɢᴇʀᴀʟᴅɪɴᴇ ᴊᴏʜɴsᴏɴs, not your regular female lead, Nicknamed the tomboy of "HILTON COLLEGE" Even though she considers it body shaming. Although she tr...
405K 54.6K 73
When Maduka meets Nwanyieze, he is certain they are meant to be. He knows she is a woman with secrets, but he cannot stay away from her. He also has...
75.8K 10.4K 59
As She turned around to make her way back to the screening room, She bumped into someone again! Which made all the popcorn in her hands and His to fa...
15.1K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...