𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐄𝐒: 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑�...

By Ada_xoxo_

ᴀᴘʀɪʟ ᴋᴜᴛɪ, a naive teenager finally gets awarded a scholarship to study in the best school in River's State... More

INTRODUCTION💜
CHARACTERS💜
CHAPTER ONE💜
CHAPTER TWO💜
CHAPTER THREE💜
CHAPTER FOUR 💜
CHAPTER FIVE💜
CHAPTER SIX💜
CHAPTER SEVEN💜
CHAPTER NINE💜
CHAPTER TEN💜
CHAPTER ELEVEN💜
CHAPTER TWELVE💜
CHAPTER THIRTEEN💜
CHAPTER FOURTEEN💜
CHAPTER FIFTEEN💜
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN💜
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN💜
CHAPTER NINTEEN💜
CHAPTER TWENTY💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ💜
CHAPTER THIRTY💜
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ 💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʳ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ & ғɪᴠᴇ 💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sɪx💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ💜
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-sɪx💜
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN💜

CHAPTER EIGHT💜

162 70 16
By Ada_xoxo_

"Bring out your notes," says Miss Ann, the biology teacher, as she drops her iPad on her desk. Most of the students murmur, while others quietly take out their notebooks.

"Welcome back; most of us were not in school last week, which was supposed to be the week of resumption," Miss Ann says with a serious expression.

April takes her time examining Miss Ann closely; it appeared as though she was in her mid-twenties. She was gorgeous, curvaceous, and had dark skin. April was abruptly brought back to reality when Miss Ann said something unrelated to the lesson she was going to teach.

"Tari, why are you shining your teeth?" Miss Ann says to Tari, who is grinning. Making everyone turn towards him. With his dark complexion and striking good looks, April keeps a close eye on him. There was also another boy sitting close to him, with Dumlesi in their midst.

"Ma, he said you look beautiful," Dumlesi exclaims, making April smile. A typical Dumlesi.

"Thank you very much," Miss Ann says with a humorous expression. "I am not into drama and your sugar-coated talks this term," Miss Ann says.

"Ma, I thought you said you were not going to handle us this term," Golden, a tall dark boy, says from the back seat.

"That would have made me happier, but sadly for me. I had to graduate with you," Miss Ann says with a laugh.

"You do not like us, Ma?" Felix contributes to Miss Ann's laughter.

"You all should bring out your books; once you hear the discussion, you will forget everything," Miss Ann says, causing the entire class to laugh.

"Okay, please keep quiet. Once again, let us get down to business," Miss Ann smiles. April wonders in silence if she has ever frowned. "You are aware of how much I enjoy my classes; please do not disrupt them, keep my notes current, and complete my assignments and projects. Do not be late to my class, and you will not have any problems with me," Miss Ann says, her tone more serious.

The majority of boys choured. "Yes, ma, "

"Fine," she says, looking at each member of the class one after the other. "Do we have any new students here?" Miss Ann inquires, while April tries to keep her heart rate stable.

Miss Ann remarks, "Thought, the girl who broke the school records, I mean the girl on scholarship is here," as everyone looks in April's direction. For a while, she considered disappearing.

"Stand up and introduce yourself to the class," Miss Ann says with a confident smile. Meanwhile, April struggles to her feet, filled with anxiety.

"So, what is your name? Miss Ann asks with a genuine smile.

"April, Kuti!" She says, hesitantly.

Tari said, "She is shy."

"Are you a shy person?" Miss Ann asks cheerfully.

When April hears someone laughing from the back seat, she responds, "No, Ma." She turns around quickly to see who it is, and when she does, she meets the grey-eyed boy's pale, slender face. His eyes were his best asset because they made him look cute. April takes a quick look away.

"Nimi Brown," Miss Ann frowns.

"Sorry, ma," Nimi says as he tries to adjust in his seat.

Welcome to Hallel Colledge, dear. I expect you to break even more records," Miss Ann says.

"Ma," someone calls out.

"Yes, Wendy," Miss Ann replies.

"You gave an assignment," Wendy says with a serious expression on her face.

"I will not forget to check it," Miss Ann says, as some classmates, including Tari, Efe, and Flourish murmur.

"I was told we have another new student," Miss Ann says, as the boy who sat at the extreme of April's seat stands up.

Everyone looks in his direction, and April could not keep track of how many half-castes she would encountered since she resumed. He was tall and slim, with thick lashes, pink lips, and an extremely attractive face. It was obvious that the girls in class were drooling. April could not help but notice Wendy, who was openly eyefucking him.

"What is your name? Miss Ann inquired.

"Light, Alikor," his deep voice can be heard.

"Why does that name sound familiar? Do you have siblings at this school?" Miss Ann inquires, clearly interested.

"Yes, two. Wealth and Flourish
Alikor, "Light responds.

"Welcome to Hallel Colledge," Miss Ann says.

"I am not really a new student. I am a returnee; I left while I was in JSS1," Light states.

"Whoa, that is amazing. We are delighted to have you back, " Miss Ann says with a smile.

"Thanks, Ma."

"You can take a seat; what was the previous topic?" As I mentioned before. Not all of us were in school. I will touch the topic again," Miss Ann says looking grim. A boy raises his hand in the meantime. Miss Ann tells him to get up as soon as she sees him.

"Okay, Nimi! Tell us," Miss Ann asks.

"The CELL!" Nimi responds.

"Yes, Cell is a living unit," she says, looking up. " Who can give me the actual definition?" Miss Ann looks around to see if anyone will answer her question.

"Ma!"
"Nimi! Tell us!"

"The cell is defined as the structural and functional units of a living organism," Nimi says, looking at Miss Ann, who nods slowly. Waiting for her response.

"Ma!"
"Tell us, Wendy!" Miss Ann says to Wendy who lets out a smile, which everyone who knew her, understood what she meant.

"The cell is the simplest, the smallest and basic unit of life, all living things such as plants and animals are made up of cells. The cell is regarded as the basic unit of all living things, because it can carry out all lives activities, such as feeding, reproduction, excretion, growth, adaption, respiration, definite life span, sensitivity and movement!" Wendy says with a satisfied expression on her face.

"Now, what is the difference? I gave a brief, straightforward, and understandable definition. Always attempting to showcase yourself. As if someone was competing with you!" Nimi speaks audibly and hisses.

"It has not begun peppering you!" Darlintina says, rolling her eyes.

"Darlintina, I wasn't...."

"Keep quiet. The two of you! I am still in the classroom. Both definitions are accurate. Wendy just went deeper and explained more." Miss Ann addresses the class. Meanwhile, Nimi murmurs some incoherent words.

"Who can classify living things based on the number of cells?" Miss Ann inquires.

Wendy and Nimi raise their hands immediately, as if they were fighting over something. Miss Ann shakes her head immediately upon noticing this.

"You two are not the only ones in this class; someone else should answer the question!" Miss Ann speaks.

"Ma!"
"Flourish! Tell us!"

"Unicellular and Acellular Organisms.
These are organisms that consists of only one cell, eg Ameoba, Euglena, Paramecium etc. Multicellular Organisms are organisms which consists of two or more cells eg volvox, hydra, spirogyra, fish, man etc." Flourish response.

"Give her a sound clap!" Miss Ann says, prompting everyone to clap.
April swears she saw Wendy rolling her eyes.

"I know I did not teach you this. But I expect you all to read ahead," Miss Ann says, smiling. "I want to test you all to see if you have actually been reading ahead!"

"Fire on, Ma!" Flourish glares as Efe shouts.

"As if you will be able to answer any," Darlintina attacks, rolling her eyes.

"The day I pluck out those eyes you are shining will come soon," Efe says, frowning.

"I am still in this class!" Miss Ann glares as she makes her announcement.

"I apologize, Ma." Efe mutters.

"I am sorry!" Darlintina says.

"Like I previously stated, many scientists contributed to the history of the cell. So, who can tell us more about these scientists?" Miss Ann inquires, and the class falls silent. No one raises their hands, much to her disappointment.

"Nimi!"
"No idea, Ma!"

"Wendy!"
"No idea," Wendy says with a frown on her face. Meanwhile, Nimi smiles.

"Flourish!"
"No idea," Flourish says with a smile.

"Florish, you are smiling!" Miss Ann says, turning to the rest of the class. "How can you all say you do not understand what I am saying? This implies that you do not read your books," Darlintina rolls her eyes as Miss Ann continues.

"April Kuti. The girl on scholarship, " Miss Ann calls out scaring April.

"Ma!" April responds quietly as she gets up from her seat.

"Could you answer that question?" Miss Ann inquires with a curious expression on her face. April takes a deep breath before she speaks.

"Robert Hooke, an English scientist. He was the first human being to discover the honeycomb structure of the cell in 1665, in his book micrographia. He described his observation of a magnificent thin slice of a cork of an oak tree. He established that the cork is made up of tiny components or rooms, he then named the components cells.
Felix Dujardin, a French biologist. In 1835, also discovered that the cell was made up of living substances, he named the living substances protoplasm. Mathias Schleiden, a German botanist..., "

"Give her a round of applause, " Miss Ann says, totally cutting April off. Some members of the class clap.

"April, you have really proven your worth," Miss Ann remarks. "Wendy and Nimi! You have got quite a competition!" Miss Ann smiles.

"She wishes!" Wendy says, but not to hearing of the teacher.

"Sit down!" Miss Ann instructs.

"Thank you, Ma!" April says as she sits, attempting to calm her nerves. She wonders silently if she was the one who correctly answered the question without stammering.

"Excuse me!" A voice is heard through the doorway. Getting everyone's attention.

"You do realize how much I despise this?" Miss Ann asks, frowning.

"I apologize, ma!" Ibinabor speaks in a calm tone. Miss Ann motions for her to enter.

1645 WORDS🌹

Sorry about my typos.

One word for this chapter?

THE BETRAYAL SER🌹ES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
209 35 8
Stephanie Darasimi Ajayi is a 27 year old freelance interior designer in Lagos, Nigeria. At that age, with no prospective husband, everyone starts to...
45.4K 12.2K 75
The choices teenagers make... Some choose to smoke Some choose to steal Some choose to be bullies to defend themselves Some end up getting pregnant...
6.6K 2K 31
Everyone does not have the flawless life we all seem they have, some have obstacles to face, battles to fight and as teenagers, stages to over come...