I'm Fine

By JLB_18

{IN NEED OF HEAVY EDITING} Asha grew up with a verbally abusive mother that constantly put her older sister a... More

Part 1: Chapter 1
Part 1: Chapter 2
Part 1: Chapter 3
Part 1: Chapter 4
Part 1: Chapter 5
Part 1: Chapter 6
Part 1: Chapter 7
Part 1: Chapter 8
Part 1: Chapter 9
Part 1: Chapter 10
Part 1: Chapter 11
Part 1: Chapter 12
Part 1: Chapter 13
Part 1: Chapter 14
Part 1: Chapter 15
Part 1: Chapter 16
Part 1: Chapter 17
Part 1: Chapter 18
Part 1: Chapter 19
Part 1: Chapter 20
Part 1: Chapter 21
Part 1: Chapter 22
Part 1: Chapter 23
Part 1: Chapter 24
Part 2: Chapter 25
Part 2: Chapter 26
Part 2: Chapter 27
Part 2: Chapter 28
Part 2: Chapter 29
Part 2: Chapter 31
Part 2: Chapter 32
Part 2: Chapter 33
Part 2: Chapter 34
Part 2: Chapter 35
Part 2: Chapter 36
Part 2: Chapter 37
Part 2: Chapter 38
Part 2: Chapter 39
Part 2: Chapter 40
Part 2: Chapter 41
Part 2: Chapter 42
Part 2: Chapter 43
Part 2: Chapter 44
Part 2: Chapter 45
Part 2: Chapter 46
Part 2: Chapter 47
Part 2: Chapter 48
Part 2: Chapter 49
Part 3: Chapter 50
Part 3: Chapter 51
Part 3: Chapter 52
Part 3: Chapter 53
Part 3: Chapter 54
Part 3: Chapter 55
Part 3: Chapter 56
Part 3: Chapter 57
Part 3: Chapter 58
Part 3: Chapter 59
Part 3: Chapter 60
Part 3: Chapter 61
Part 3: Chapter 62
Part 3: Chapter 63
Part 3: Chapter 64
New Book!!
Rage

Part 2: Chapter 30

6.9K 320 4
By JLB_18

I dropped Royce off at school and met with some potential buyers. I picked a total of five houses that I thought they would like. All of the houses were within their budget. Out of the five, they really liked two of them. They said they would call me within the week to make a final decision, but I told them to be quick with their decision because houses sell fast. Afterwards, I had some time to kill so I ran by the grocery store. I picked up a few items. While I was loading the car, I got this weird sensation that someone was staring at me. I turned and came face to face with the girl from the park. My face scrunched up in distaste.

"If you see that bitch again, it's not a coincidence."

I remembered Penny's words two nights ago.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot," she said fiddling with her hands.

"Why are you watching me? What the fuck do you want? Is this some sick joke?" I was rather calm given the circumstances. I slammed my trunk shut and turned to fully face her. I would not back down. If she was some kind of threat, I needed to know right now.

She continued to play with her hands while my patience was running thin.

"Nope, see this is when I call the police."

"No, please. I-I..." I was two seconds away from calling the police. Why was I even entertaining her? When I got fed up with the silence, I jumped in my car. The girl stuck her arm out as I was closing the door and I stopped at the last second.

"Wait. I meant no harm. I wasn't trying to hurt your child. I just didn't know how to approach you-"

"Move your arm," I warned.

"Wait, I'm trying to talk to you."

"I don't give a fuck about anything you have to say or what excuses you're gonna give. And never mind the fact that you've been following me, which is creepy. I don't know who-"

"I'm your sister," she blurted out.

"Try again. I don't have a sister."

"Dad."

I was about to refute that as well, but the thought of my dad had my thoughts spiraling out of control. My father abandoned me a long time ago. I didn't have one then and I certainly don't have one now.

"Get away from my car," I told her.

"You're my sister. I found you through dad. He's been tryna call you."

"Lies."

"I'm not lying."

"I don't want anything to do with any of y'all."

"But, wait please. I can prove it." She reached in her pocket and I took the opportunity to close my door. She jumped back as I reversed out of the spot and sped off, tires screeching.

"Fuck!"

I took the long way home twice just in case someone was following me. I drove way past the speed limit the entire time. I was paranoid. There's no way that girl is my sister or that my dad is trying to get in contact with me. I don't have a dad, a mom, a sister, nothing. I came to an abrupt halt as I pulled up into the driveway. I put the car in park. My phone suddenly went off and I jumped as the ringer blasted through the silent car. I took my seatbelt off, searching through my purse that I threw in the backseat. All of its contents were spread out over the floor. I found my phone and picked it up just as it was about to go out. My eyes widened at seeing the caller ID-it was Royce's school.

"I'm sorry. I'm on my way. I'll be there soon," I rushed out before hanging up. I pulled out the driveway and made it to the school in record breaking time. I hopped out the car and went to Royce's classroom. She was the only child left, but she had a smile on her face as she talked with her teachers. That smile made me feel so much better. One of her teachers pointed in my direction and Royce got up out of her seat and ran to me. I bent down to her level as she smashed into my body. Not phased at all, she wrapped her small arms around me and I melted into her.

"Mommy, you're late." Thirty minutes late to be exact.

"I know. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"It's okay," she shrugged looking up at me. I smiled down at her.

"Don't forget your things baby." She giggled and walked back over to get her book bag and her lunchbox. I stood up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I told her teacher. Royce made her way back over to me and waved her teachers goodbye as we left. I tried so hard to keep my frustrated tears from falling. It was only after I made dinner, gave Royce a bath, and talked her to sleep that I could finally process today's events. All of my emotions came flooding in. And I got absolutely no sleep the entire night.

.....

The entire week went by of me just going through the motions. I honestly felt like a zombie. I barely got any sleep since I've been overthinking everything. I wanted to call Meech and ask if he could have a background check run on my father to see if he had any other kids besides me, but I kept chickening out. I almost didn't even care to know. If I start asking questions about my father, I know that I'll get answers that I won't like. I don't know where he's been or what he has been doing all these years, but if it turns out that he's been out here living his best happy life with a wife and kids, I will lose my shit. He left me with that woman for what? Because he ain't care about me or my well-being, so why now? Why is his quote on quote daughter popping up and why is he supposedly trying to get in contact with me NOW? I don't understand, but I don't want to understand either. Or do I?

"Come on Royce!" I yelled trying to get her attention from wherever she was in the house. We were about to leave to head to the skating rink. I thought it would be cool and a fun thing to do since Royce is about to be five in two days. She actually asked me if she could do something with some of her friends from preschool. I wasn't opposed to it so I called up each of the kids parents, a total of five kids, and I introduced myself. For me, if my kid is going somewhere I want to know who she's gonna be with, where they're going, for how long, etc. I need a step by step agenda of everything. So, I wanted to take the initiative, which is why I spent the better half of an hour talking to each parent throughout the span of this week. I told them it was Royce's birthday coming up and that she wanted to go skating. They all agreed.

"Royce come on, we're going to be late!" I heard her feet slap the floor as she ran down the hall and around the corner.

"Where are your shoes?" She lifted her arm up showing me her shoes in her hand. She plopped down to put them on when I stopped her.

"You can put them on in the car. I'm serious, we are literally about to be late." I scooped her up awkwardly in my arms and carried her to the car. My baby was getting heavy. I locked up the house and went around to her side of the car. She had just finished putting her shoes on. I inspected them and she for once had them on the right foot.

"Good job." I held my hand up and she gave me a high five. She buckled herself in as I watched and then we were off.

"Riley and Alexa and Josh and Keyonna and... umm..."

"Jonathan," I finished for her.

"Yes! We umm...they are coming to skate with me."

"Yes baby," I entertained her as she just went on and on in excitement the whole car ride. When we pulled up, we got out and made our way to the line. Tonight is kids night for ages 8 and younger. They also have a pre-teens night, a teens night, an adults night, and an elders night. I didn't even know skating rinks catered to different age groups like that. I thought that was really cool. I've actually been skating a few times, but Royce has never been so this should be interesting.

"Mommy mommy, look." I looked to where she was pointing and saw Robyn. She was further up in the line so we made our way to her. Sorry not sorry for skipping a few people.

"Auntie Robyn!" Royce yelled. She turned to us real quick.

"How did I make it here before y'all?" She teased.

"This lil' girl here," I pointed to Royce. Robyn picked her up, squeezing her and showering her with kisses in the process.

"Happy birthday pretty girl."

"It's not my birthday."

"I know," Robyn tickled her.

"Hey, you didn't have to come," I mouthed to Robyn. She just shrugged. "I wanted to," she said aloud. I know the drive can be a lot. Not to mention, I had already planned to go down there to celebrate Royce's birthday with everyone. But since Royce's birthday is on Monday, we won't be down there until after her birthday, maybe Wednesday if I let Royce skip a few days of school. I'm still debating on if we should leave out on Tuesday night or if we should just leave out Friday afternoon like last time. If we leave out Tuesday night, Royce will miss three days of school. If we leave Friday night, we will only have the weekend before we have to come right back home. The only thing is, I want Royce to have more than just two days to see everyone. Tuesday night/Wednesday is ideal, I'll just have to get her caught up myself and get all of her work for the days she will miss.

For me, work is not a problem. I only have availability when I have clients anyway, and I just happen to have no upcoming ones. If something changes last minute, my broker will handle it.

We made it inside and Royce ran over to her friends. All of the parents decided to stay because they wanted to skate too. I wasn't a bad skater but I wasn't good either. It took me a few minutes to get used to them. Then, I helped Royce to one of those trainer things, the ones that you hold on to and they help you roll around. She enjoyed it and laughed every time she accidentally fell.

I soon sat down and started talking to one of the parents, Keyonna's mom, while Robyn stayed on the floor. All of the parents were much older than me and closer to Robyn's age, but I wasn't intimidated by them.

"You said your daughter's birthday is on Monday?"

"Yea, but since it's a school night we decided to do something today."

"That makes sense," she nodded.

"Keyonna always talks about how nice Imani is to her," she continued.

"Thank you. It took a minute for her to open up, but now she's happy to have friends. She always talks about her classmates. She says, 'my classmates this' or 'my classmates that.' She just loves Keyonna too. I think out of everyone, they get along the best," I said.

I looked to where Robyn was and sure enough, Imani and Keyonna were hand in hand. They even ditched those little roller skate trainers.

"I noticed that also."

"Well, Imma go back. If you need me, you know where to find me," I laughed. She laughed along with me as I left.

"Mommy look!" Imani tried skating towards me but she only got a few inches when she tripped over her feet and fell. Since she was so close to the ground, the impact didn't phase her. I circled around her, showing off on my skates. She reached for me to help her up but I only continued to tease her some more.

.....

That night, I called Penny up.

"Penny, I need a favor," I said.

"Which is?"

"I need you to relay a message to Meech for me?"

"Why me?" She asked.

"You're the only person I talk to that works for him."

"I never see his ass. Ion even think he ever comes to the club. I can point you in the right direction but that's about it."

"You ain't got his number or anything?"

"Nope," she said popping the p.

"Yo lying ass."

"I'm dead ass. He don't talk to people like me. I'm disposable to him. I just make my money and keep it pushin."

"Why you make it seem like Meech is an asshole."

"Cuz he is. He's the type of asshole that don't give a shit about anyone. As long as you continue to make him money he at least tolerates you."

I smacked my teeth in annoyance.

"Don't be mad at me," she said.

"Penny, I thought you had my back," I pouted through the phone.

"Asha, don't start."

"I ask for just one small favor and-"

"Ugh, I'll see what I can do," she mumbled. I smiled hella hard and tried to camouflage my excitement by coughing.

"I know you smiling from ear to ear. Bye," she said abruptly.

"Bye, P." She hung up and I did a little happy dance. Penny will save me a lot of time. If Meech supposedly never goes to the club, I wouldn't even know where to start or even who to call to find him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 5K 36
"I've never done this before," She said, hands covering her exposed breast in the dark room. The only light that had been shining was coming from the...
464K 20.9K 60
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥. 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐳𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐛. 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 1/2 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘈𝘭𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. Cover b...
706 7 22
* Every thug needs a good girl on his side to balance him out. * A little sweet, but spiced with a little crazy. This story has strong sexual conten...
4.1K 142 14
- 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨...