Twilight of Itaewon | Taekook...

By AnecdotesOfABroken

In which police officer Jeon Jeongguk was allocated to a suicide case of a boy named Kim Taehyung. A case tha... More

Disclaimer
1. Late night
2. Coffee & Case files
3. The 221
4. Fairy lights
5. Broken Chants
6. Enigmas of Life
7. Paper Hearts
8. A What?
9. Strawberries & Scribbles
10. Starry Weekends
11. Truths & Myths
12. Ellipsis
13. Hope and Sunshine
14. Neon Stars
15. Hold on
16. Broken Moon
17. Perfect Mess
18. Chaos Within Tragedy
19. Faded letters
20. Euphoria...
21. Muted Desires
22. Hazel Oceans
23. Safe place
24. The way we are
25. Stigma
27. Guilty Pleasure
28. Us; The Unknowns
29. Alien Promise
30. Mayhem or Myth
31. I'm You
32. Dwell on the past
33. Truth or Truth
34. The quest for answers.
35. Meteor & Memories
36. Springs & Souls
37. Youniverse!
38. To the eternity
39. Fix you
40. We Vs. Reality
41. Taboo & Tales
42. ...Ships in the night
43. Evening Hue
44. We; The Dreamers
46. Winter nights
47. The Amethyst
48. Us.
49. The pain & Cure
50. The Truth Untold
51. Save me; Save Us
52. Far ; Together
53. Eves with Us
54. Sweet Night
55. F.R.I.E.N.D.S
56. Strive & Survive
57. Fated Mates
58. Longing And Desires
59. Life Goes On
60. A Perfect Dawn
61. Our world
62. Your Eyes Tell
63. Re-write The Stars
64. Utopia...
65. Dew Drops
66. Semicolon
67. Our Little Thing
68. Re-living Life
69.Closer to you
70. Still With You.
72. Rain & Shine
73. Scarlet dusk
74. Destined!
Q&A of TOI
75. Lovers Of The Twilight
76. [BONUS] Love Language
77. [BONUS] Together
78. [BONUS] Forever
79.[BONUS] In Every Universe
A/N
SURPRISE!

45. Snow Flower

4.3K 328 111
By AnecdotesOfABroken

The wooden clock ticking and disturbing the thick silence around them. Their heavy breaths mingling. Eyes closed, V was leaning on Jeongguk's chest. The officer holding him in the right place with a content smile. The wild beatings of his heart surprisingly calmed down while he feels energetic. His body relaxes as V's slender fingers lightly brushing his tattoos. He got goosebumps wherever the fingertips touched.

It took a second for V to realize what he's doing. He opened his eyes to meet with Jeongguk's black orbs looking at him fondly through the mirror. The officer's lips brushing his neck as he nuzzling close. V felt embarrassed thinking that he tilted his head for more access in the heat of the moment. Within seconds he released his hands from Jeongguk's and moved away. A crimson red painting his already pink cheeks, making him look like a tomato. Jeongguk wanted to pinch them but he shoved his hands inside the pocket of his sweats. They both scratched their neck and tried to forget what just happened.

Whatever happened was blissfully forbidden. They don't remember what they said but the touch- that they memorized. By now, Jeongguk got that there's something special with V's delicate fingers and the way it caresses. It's soft yet rough, just like the other's personality. On the other hand, V got it that Jeongguk will make your heart, body, and soul numb with his mere touch. The officer has a thing for taking control and making the other forget about everything around.

Looking at each other, they smiled sheepishly. V's lips pressing into a thin line while Jeongguk looking at the floor. It was embarrassing. He didn't realize what he had just done, what he had just said. The awkward silence broke when the one and only Jae opened the door, entered inside. The two shuddered and tried to hide their blush. Jae on the other hand walked towards them with a frown.  His eyebrows pinched together as he suspects that Jeongguk did something to hurt V. But then he found his friend looking at him with a weird smile and a blush?

Jae raised an eyebrow at Jeongguk and then at V. None uttered a word. The silence was unbearably suffocating. And Jeongguk decided to break it. There's no fun standing there anyways especially when this Jae midget eating him alive.

"Umm... See you later..."

He said for God knows to whom but both Jae and V nodded their head. Jeongguk walked out scolding himself and mentally facepalming. It was ridiculous. How could he think something like that, how could he do something like that? No way. Whatever it is, no way.

The dinner was set outside. Like always, uncle San and Jae cooked the best food and they sat at the table in the backyard. The dinner time was smooth since uncle San was there, joking and teasing them. After that, Yeonjun, Soobin, and Jeongguk sat in their favorite place in the backyard. Christmas in two days, and after that, they probably would have to go back to Itaewon. Agh. Jeongguk groaned at the thought. That's the problem. Wherever city he goes, he finds a reason to stay there. And that's what it makes all difficult. Now how he's supposed to leave that reason behind and move forward?

Yeonjun poured a glass for everyone and Jeongguk gulped it down harshly. The moon shining above and the clouds failing to cover the light. The misty wind was passing them while the three officers sat in the silence with content hearts. They have time to hear Yeonjun's whining and rambling. It's just one shot.

That's when Soobin breaks it up for them. Jeongguk and Yeonjun rolled their eyes at the younger while Soobin smiled back sheepishly. They snorted at what their buddy did.

"Hey, Jae. Want to join us?"

As soon as the words left Soobin's mouth, Yeonjun smacked him lightly and whisper yelled.

"What in the bizarro world? Why are you inviting them, Soobinie? God!!"

Soobin passed a smile while blinking twice. Jae shook his head but then give up when Soobin literally forced them to join. Yeonjun glared at his boyfriend. Oh, how much he hated that Jae guy. And out of all the world, his boyfriend did this to him.

"Okay, Juniee. You're done drinking. And if your mouth opened to ramble something stupid in front of them... Then... You're sleeping on the couch."

Soobin said in a stern yet concerned voice. They all know what happens to the blue head when he's drunk. Yeonjun on the other hand, raised an eyebrow, putting the glass down, and said.

"Sir, yes sir."

As Jae and V joined them, they fell into an awkward silence. The two officers concentrated on the table while Soobin behaved like a good host. They adjusted on the wooden bench around the table. Jae sat next to Yeonjun, great, and V sat next to Jeongguk. They all passed a small plastic smile then returned to drink.

"We don't do this often. Uncle San allows us to drink very rarely."

Jae said while Soobin handed over a glass to both of them. Yeonjun was continuously glaring at his boyfriend's sweet behavior for someone whom he doesn't like. Soobin doesn't care. Both Jae and V were good to him. Jeongguk was quiet. Though he noticed the hesitation of V with drinking. Leaning to reach the diet coke from Yeonjun, he passed it to V. The other didn't accept said, he's fine with alcohol. Yeah, what was Jeongguk thinking?

The snowy wind is stroking them softly. It was cold outside and they rubbed their hands together to warm themselves. Jeongguk put his hoodie over his head and gulped down the drink. He eyed Jae who was busy talking with Soobin while Yeonjun ignoring them. V was listening to them and staring at the void.

"Will you be here for Christmas, Jeongguk-ssi?"

V broke the silence between them as Jeongguk wanted to pat the other's shoulder for bravery. He blinked twice to register the sound and then answered.

"Yeah, we will. And... You don't have to call me Jeongguk-ssi"

His voice was deep and has an effect of alcohol. V smiled and nodded. His baby pink lips touching the glass slowly and Jeongguk lost at the little gesture. When V put the glass down, Jeongguk came out of his trance.

"Then what should I call you?"

V murmured. His eyes trailing down from Jeongguk's eyes and face. His head was supported by his right palm and his body slightly turned towards Jeongguk's direction. The officer looked at others who were totally under the control of the drinks and minding their own business. Yeonjun was dozed off while Soobin and Jae talking with slurred words, giggling, and lost in the alcohol effect. Sudden bravery came into Jeongguk's body as blood rushed through his veins coldly.

"Umm... Call me... Sir! " 

He said with a wink and a smirk. Wrong move. The next moment he found V raising his eyebrows in shock and glaring. The male sits straight and smacked Jeongguk's arms hard.

"Yah... Don't talk like that"

He whined and slapped harshly while Jeongguk giggled at the cute way V trying to hide the embarrassment and red flushed cheeks. He tried to swat V's slaps by holding his hand but the other still managed to continue slapping his biceps. V was shrieking and murmuring while doing that and Jeongguk giggled. But then the other smacked him strongly and it was Jeongguk who whined.

"Hyung..."

He uttered without thinking. The honorific rolling out of his tongue automatically. He didn't even care that right now. Neither V seemed to notice it. They continued giggling and slapping. Then jeongguk stopped the other, grabbing his hands tightly and pulling V closer to his hard chest. The whining stopped as V calmed down and gazed at the stars in Jeongguk's eyes.

"Hyung... You can call me whatever you want... It's fine..."

His voice, octaves lower and soft. The whisper mixing with wind and snow while V's lips parting to say something. The drunk Jeongguk wanted to gulp that words down with his lips but sober Jeongguk did something worse.

He pulled the other closer to his heart and embraced tightly. V was stumbled upon his heartbeat and the moment. His heart stuttering under his ribcage and body finding warmth in Jeongguk's hold. His hesitant arms wrapped around the officer while head resting to hear the sweet yet erratic beatings of the officer. Jeongguk literally caged V in his strong arms, nuzzling to his neck as he found his home there and closed his eyes. He was afraid what if V push him away, what if  V hate him for doing this,  what if Jae cut his head? Well, the last one is still possible.

Surprisingly enough for him when V tightened the hold and laid his head so that he could hear Jeongguk's heartbeat clearly. The officer slowly patted on V's midnight black hair, tugging them behind his ears, and smelled them. No wonder, they smell like his favorite -strawberries. Jeongguk closed his eyes and whispered.

"Are you feeling cold?"

He found V nodding cutely. He wondered how the male can leave all his intimidation and feisty side when it comes to his touch. He felt proud that V let him see this side of himself. In his peripheral vision, he found Jae sleeping uncomfortably on the table, Yeonjun, and Soobin also in the deep slumber. It's only them. And at that thought, Jeongguk's pupils violated and his heart skipped a beat.

He felt V squirming under his hold and looked up to meet his eyes. Jeongguk caressed his cheeks. Okay, blame the alcohol, maybe the way V looking at him too, because Jeon Jeongguk never thought of doing this with someone. He never thought he will let someone hear his heartbeat. Never mind, he did. But just for a certain one. While holding V like this, he doesn't have any complaints.

"Koo---Jeongguk, can we go to the... Cliff...? I want to watch the moon and the stars before I sleep..."

Jeongguk snaps out of his dream because of two reasons. One, V sounds childish to the world but endearing to him. Second, he called Jeongguk by his name. Or tried to call something Jeongguk would love to hear... But yeah. Patience, Jeon Jeongguk.

V looking like a puppy to him. His eyes were bigger and lips pressed to a thin line giving all attention to his bread cheeks that Jeongguk oh so badly wanted to bite now. The look reminds him of someone but pushing that thought behind, he enjoyed the flawless beauty in front of him. How's he supposed to say no to these mint green eyes? No way. V aka Vincenzio is already drawing him towards the other side of the earth and all Jeongguk could do was wait for the winter to finish.

The officer stood up and helped V to stand. The other stumbled a little because of the alcohol in him. But other than that, he passed a soft smile to Jeongguk which made the other's heart almost do a flip. They walked as Jeongguk held V by his waist and without breaking the silence. The cliff is like always beautiful. The glittering universe in a glance. They sat down with V in between Jeongguk's legs while the officer hugged the male from behind. Maybe V is too drunk and maybe he won't remember all these happened tomorrow. That's why he's letting all these. Do you think Jeongguk is a fool who didn't think about that? No, he may be a little, and a little delusional too. But he's fully aware. At this moment, V has only eyes on his bliss, the warmth, the alluring sight in front of him. Alcohol does make people do weird things. But, spending time with a sober Jeongguk, leaning to his warmth, capturing his heartbeats, and making the other a mess of butterflies is not weird, right?

No, it's not. It's dreamy. Like the mint green eyes gazing at the moon, the stars falling over them and the hold V has on Jeongguk's arms, tracing his tattoos. A mere touch will have this influence on him, he never thought of it. But not complaining though. When his eyes landed on the other, he found V was glowing. His nose freckle peeking out to watch the crescent and the mole on his lower eyelid hiding behind the long lashes. V has a way too sensual mole on his lips too and a soft one on his cheeks. Jeongguk wanted to claim them all. The male look like the snow flower at the night. Purple petals shining, and blending with the sweet snow, reminding the world that winter is not forever. V looks like the purple snow flower Jeongguk adores. Say, he's too delusional, but the sight of V under the moonlight in his arms is a dream come true for Jeongguk. He will never stop fantasizing about that.

"You know... I feel bad about the moon..."

V whispered in a small voice. The sleepy and slurred words somehow managed to stutter his heart. Jeongguk glimpsed at the moon. It wasn't full tonight. But enough to light up the whole universe. His eyes landed on the man in his arms. The mint green eyes were on the moon like they're telling secrets. Secrets that Jeongguk can't know.

"Why...? Why do you feel bad for the moon?" -he asked, slowly rubbing V's arms, keeping him warm.

"Even after having these many stars around him, even after having these many eyes to adore him, really, the moon wanted the sun...
Something he can't have..."

Jeongguk was wondering how- how the words that pain him can also be the cure for him. He can't see the mint green eyes from behind but he knows, there will be teardrops sparkling like stars in them. The pain of the moon can be clearly seen through his eyes. It was like V summoning all of those cracks of the moon, curing the scars. Jeongguk tightened the hold like he was afraid of falling and breaking into pieces.

If anyone knows the agony of desiring something that they can't have, then it's Jeon Jeongguk. He- he is a man of dreaming forbidden things.

"It pains me... The way he tries to hide his existence behind that aura... The glow... It's just a mask...

It hurts me... The way he... He burns alone and people still hate him because of his scars. It hurts me... He deserves the whole galaxies and all he got is the dark night to shine."

When V stopped, Jeongguk lightly kissed the crown of his head. He doesn't know why he did that.  But it was captivating. The way V outlining every inch of the moon with his fingers and eyes. The way his heart stops beating at the words of  V, Jeongguk was scared to breathe. What if his body collapses with all of this? He doesn't want to gift that to V. He wanted to seize the moment.

"You think the moon is a he?"

That was the only thing Jeongguk got to say at that moment. It somehow soothes him, making him smile softly at the void. Jeongguk held V close as the other nodded. Yes. V thinks the moon is a he.

"Yes. He is a he. The moon can only be this alluring even in the pitch darkness, with the scars all over, only if he's a he. He hides his charms in the daylight, he follows only those who have eyes on him, he stands tall even with imperfections. I believe the moon is a he...

Just like you, Kookie..."

Breathe, Jeongguk. V is just drunk. He probably wouldn't even remember that he called Jeongguk moon. Well, technically. And also a nickname, that too, his lost lover used to call him. No way V will do this sober. Maybe it's Jeongguk who was high now. The way his heart haphazardly beat under ribcages because of a metaphor, might be because of the heat of the alcohol in him. Jeongguk chooses to believe like that.

V leaned back on his chest and turned to look at him. The slender fingers brushed Jeongguk's cheeks. The eyes, they never left his black ones. V was wearing the silver earring. For a moment, it all made sense. The alcohol, the slurred words, the moon, the pain... Jeongguk is a moon. Maybe in this birth or another, he's a moon to the sun. His only sun.

Holding V in his hands, Jeongguk leaned back to lay down on the cliff. The stone was cold. But they surprisingly felt warm. Mulling over what he just heard, Jeongguk smiled softly. V shifted lightly to completely lay on his chest. They hugged close and lied like that. At least, one in the world realizes the pain of the moon, understands the aura is just a mask, believes a true self is hiding under the glow, just like him. Jeongguk felt satisfied. 

They let out a content sigh as closing their eyes. With each whiff of Jeongguk, V felt calm. The officer smells lavender. The sweet Hyacinth that embraces him from his skin to bone, heart to soul. He nosed Jeongguk's neck and the other giggled. It tickles him, the way V's breath fanning around his neck and the affection. Forgetting about the dilemmas and spinning world around them, they stayed like that. They will worry about the headache and the regret tomorrow. Just now, it's them. Jeongguk and V. Ecstasy.

Guess who's soft today?

Like the chapter?

Take care...

~AnecdotesOfABroken

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 13.9K 80
I'll let you guys know first that this story is not like my 3 books... It's a family drama I got inspired by............by my brain😐 Taehyung an op...
1.2M 73.6K 50
"I'm pretty sure this is illegal, right?" "Yeah, but that's the fun part of it babe." ~ In which the beautiful but not so adventurous Kim Taehyung ge...
913K 38.2K 88
A bad romance. Full of love, hate and revenge. When jeon jungkook a university heartthrob and Kim Taehyung a new student, known for his ethereal face...