Twilight of Itaewon | Taekook...

By AnecdotesOfABroken

In which police officer Jeon Jeongguk was allocated to a suicide case of a boy named Kim Taehyung. A case tha... More

Disclaimer
1. Late night
2. Coffee & Case files
3. The 221
4. Fairy lights
5. Broken Chants
6. Enigmas of Life
7. Paper Hearts
8. A What?
9. Strawberries & Scribbles
10. Starry Weekends
11. Truths & Myths
12. Ellipsis
13. Hope and Sunshine
14. Neon Stars
15. Hold on
16. Broken Moon
17. Perfect Mess
18. Chaos Within Tragedy
19. Faded letters
20. Euphoria...
21. Muted Desires
22. Hazel Oceans
23. Safe place
24. The way we are
25. Stigma
27. Guilty Pleasure
28. Us; The Unknowns
29. Alien Promise
30. Mayhem or Myth
31. I'm You
32. Dwell on the past
33. Truth or Truth
34. The quest for answers.
35. Meteor & Memories
36. Springs & Souls
37. Youniverse!
38. To the eternity
39. Fix you
40. We Vs. Reality
41. Taboo & Tales
42. ...Ships in the night
44. We; The Dreamers
45. Snow Flower
46. Winter nights
47. The Amethyst
48. Us.
49. The pain & Cure
50. The Truth Untold
51. Save me; Save Us
52. Far ; Together
53. Eves with Us
54. Sweet Night
55. F.R.I.E.N.D.S
56. Strive & Survive
57. Fated Mates
58. Longing And Desires
59. Life Goes On
60. A Perfect Dawn
61. Our world
62. Your Eyes Tell
63. Re-write The Stars
64. Utopia...
65. Dew Drops
66. Semicolon
67. Our Little Thing
68. Re-living Life
69.Closer to you
70. Still With You.
72. Rain & Shine
73. Scarlet dusk
74. Destined!
Q&A of TOI
75. Lovers Of The Twilight
76. [BONUS] Love Language
77. [BONUS] Together
78. [BONUS] Forever
79.[BONUS] In Every Universe
A/N
SURPRISE!

43. Evening Hue

4K 311 40
By AnecdotesOfABroken

Dear Moon is not just a guest house. The place has a wide range of amazing things. And one of them is their farming. The farm was in the backyard, vast and all green. There were carrots, cabbages, radishes, chives, and potatoes, etc... On one part of the field. The half part contains beautiful flowers like blankets over the earth. The three males, Jeongguk, Yeonjun, and Soobin were walking between the flower bed of Royal Azalea, a purple-colored flower in the evening.

Soobin has a basket in which some lettuce and radishes they picked from the vegetable garden. Yeonjun walking on the front, leading them since it's his uncle's guest house and he knows there better. Jeongguk's fingertips slowly touched the flowers as walking past them. The purple petals blending with the orange evening. Overall, he loved Dear Moon.

"Hyung, I asked my uncle. About Jae and V."

Yeonjun said like he suddenly remembered that. Jeongguk stopped for a bit and then followed. Soobin was behind him. Yeonjun has a bowl of strawberries in his hand and he passed it to Jeongguk. Munching on the berries, the blue-haired male continued.

"V is a violin artist, Jae is a columnist. They travel sometimes. But mostly stay here. My uncle knows them well. Said, "they're good kids". kids? Seriously?

Anyways...he also said there were no visitors for them. It's just them three lives here."

It was Soobin who asked as Yeonjun stopped talking.

"So, like your uncle doesn't have any guests other than us and them? Does he runs this place as a service and not business?"

True though. It's only the three of them, and V and Jae with his uncle in that house. They never met with any tourists there. Yeonjun chuckled as Jeongguk passed the strawberries to Soobin.

"This place is like this after my aunt passed away. Uncle and aunt were together here but after her death, uncle felt lonely. He spends most of his time like that. I was surprised to see V and Jae here. You know, he didn't even let any of my cousins stay here.

But then I asked about the two... He said they remind him of his good old time and when they're around, he feels less lonely... I mean... Uncle doesn't have kids. So..."

Both Soobin and Jeongguk nodded. They sat on a wooden house at the end of the field, glancing at the wide and beautiful flower bed in front of them. The cozy winter wind is messing up around with their neat hair. The three took a deep breath and ate strawberries in peace.

"What's your vibe with V and Jae, Hyung?"

The curious Yeonjun asked. Jeongguk stared at the void. What's his vibe? He doesn't care now. What should he feel about the strangers? They're not suspicious, neither afraid of him. They live on their own without interfering in his things. Maybe it's Jeongguk who intervenes every time with them.

"Umm... I don't know... I feel nothing special... Just some mood swings... "

He said the truth. Soobin nodded and then said.

"You're right. They just look like Taehyung and Jimin. Just slightly their face. We can't suspect them like that...

True they're weird to us, but normal to them. I mean... The Taehyung we know is more a soft guy, right? But V is... Agh... Intimidating. His looks, his glare, his voice..."

They agreed to what Soobin said. Just a bit of V looks like Taehyung. But that's not what decides the truth of them. Yeonjun was the next one to break the silence.

"For me, the other guy, Jae, he creeps the hell out of me. His high-pitched voice and some fake attitude. I don't feel good around him from the moment I laid my eyes on him."

The three know Yeonjun and his tastelessness towards Jae. Soobin and Jeongguk laughed remembering the day Yeonjun screamed ghost and fainted. The blue-haired male pouted and grabbed the strawberry bowl from Soobin.

"Maybe it's all Yeonjuniee's act. What if he doesn't hate Jae and just fooling us?"

Soobin said earning a glare from Yeonjun. Jeongguk sitting in the center of the two, enjoying the bickering too much.

"Dude, I'm your boyfriend. Do you think I'll cheat on you? Too bad, Choi Soobin. I don't wanna talk to you."

Yeonjun said looking away from Soobin and putting his head on Jeongguk's shoulder. Soobin tried to grab Yeonjun's hand and the other swat it away.

"Don't be sad... You know I trust you, my cutiee..."

Soobin said with a baby voice and Jeongguk laughed hard. His sound resonating the field while Yeonjun was crimson red. Soobin felt proud making them smile like that.

"Ew, I wonder who's the hyung in you two and who's the baby."

Jeongguk knows by age, Soobin is the younger but Yeonjun has a stronghold on being Soobin's baby. The other also let Yeonjun do whatever he wants, without saying a word. Yeonjun and Soobin looked at each other. Then screamed together.

"You!"

Jeongguk thought they were talking to each other but then he found the fingers pointing at him. Oh. Wait, why?

"What? How me? How it's me in you two?"

It was Yeonjun who explained.

"You may be older than us, just two years. But you pout when things didn't go well."

Jeongguk raised an eyebrow and replied.

"You pout too, you were just two seconds before."

He pointed at Yeonjun. The two males giggled and then Soobin said.

"You sulks when you didn't get attention."

Yeonjun and Soobin high five with big smiles right in front of Jeongguk's salad. He wanted to push the two assistants to the ground. Because he knows, they're spitting the truth. He sat silently with, of course, pouty lips. And then said.

"Okay, Choi Yeonjun and Choi Soobin. We're done talking casually. Let's go back to business. "

Jeongguk tried his best to sound formal. For his luck, that cracked up Yeonjun and Soobin to big laughter. Jeongguk waved his hands to stop them from laughing. But nothing happened.

"See... Y-you're doing it again..."
Yeonjun said. Jeongguk hopped down from the house to the field. He patted the dust on his pants and walked forward. Although, he agrees with what his assistants said. Jeongguk is truly a sucker for attention. But he doesn't want to accept that at least in front of his assistants.

Yeonbin followed him. The evening was dying down, welcoming the cold night from the dip of the sky. Stars slowly peeking out from the clouds and birds flying to reach their home. Jeongguk loved nature. It keeps him going. Like seasons one after another. He's excited for spring days. Where the snowy paths clear away and petals mixing with the wind.

"Wait, so there's nothing we have to do with V and Jae, right? "

It was Soobin who asked. The answer was clear. As long as there are no suspicious things, Jeongguk feels like thinking too much about the two will be a waste of time. Also, what Yeonjun's uncle said was there in his head. Maybe he will wait. Or just let it in this way.

"Yeah... Just let them be..."

He said as walking. They talked about random things like Yeonjun's fancy honeymoon plan, Soobin's family. They giggled and walked slowly. As they reached the house, they found Jae and V with Yeonjun's uncle harvesting the vegetables. They're all muddy and chuckling when Choi San says something. It was a nice sight to their eyes.

The three walked towards them. Jeongguk stood far because of his reasons. He met with Jae's eyes on him, stealing glances. Guess what, Jeongguk didn't pass the vibe check of Jae. They helped uncle San and watered the plants around. The senior officer was lost in his thought like always when uncle San splashed water on him. Jeongguk blinked and looked at Uncle San in confusion.

"Jeonggukkie, our baby Jae cooks amazing food. You should try it. Join us for dinner tonight. Okay?"

What? Dinner with them? Jeongguk felt a big no to the plan. He felt insignificant when they glanced at him, like judging. Yeonjun nodded at him and he ignored the strong glares of Jae on him. His friend was not even acknowledging Jeongguk's existence. The officer smiled softly at uncle San and nodded.

As soon as they finished their work, they walked inside in silence. Uncle San was telling some old stories to them. They heard him with patience. As the elder said, Jae cooks very well. The six males sat around the dinner table after freshen up. Jeongguk next to Yeonjun and Soobin, V, Jae, and uncle San opposite to them. The senior officer avoided the mint green eyes and ate his Jajjangmyeon in silence.

"Joonie, do you remember your old days here? When you were small... What a great time, right?"

Uncle San said having his Kimchi fried rice. He smiled at Yeonjun and the younger tried to shush his uncle.

"You know Jeonggukkie... Joonie wanted to be a farmer. Like me. He loved playing with water like all naked with his cute tummy and---"

The rest of uncle San's words were muffled because Yeonjun covered his mouth. He was embarrassed in front of them. As they all giggled Yeonjun begged his uncle to not expose him more.

"We can play tomorrow, uncle San. Yeonjun still has that cute tummy and...Hmm..."

It was Soobin who teased his boyfriend to the fullest. Jeongguk was trying hard to not spit the food on his mouth controlling his laughter. Yeonjun turned to smack Soobin in his arms. In his peripheral vision, he found Jae and V smiling too. Their lips pressed to a thin and small smile while eyes scrunching and their face red. They too, enjoying the time together because of his childhood naughtiness.

"Yah, will you please stop. Don't expose me like that..."

Yeonjun whined. Uncle San and Soobin giggled together. The rest of the dinner was fun. With Uncle San's jokes and exposing Yeonjun's good old times. As they finished the dinner, Jeongguk whispered.

"Ah, Thank you for dinner. It was really delicious. "

Even though he was turned in uncle San's direction, his eyes landed on Jae for a moment. He bowed a little and leaned to have the dessert. The ice cream tubs were placed on the table and Yeonjun helped them to take their flavors.

"Mint chocolate? Really?"

It was out of the blue, sudden and surprising. When Jae said those words, Jeongguk glared at him. No one dared to speak against his ice cream. The audacity of this male. Jeongguk wanted to dip the head of the black-haired male in the bowl of leftover chicken noodle soup. But the place and the timing.

"It's the best. At least better than your cliche Vanilla flavor."

Jeongguk whisper yelled making everyone shocked. He was silent throughout the whole day and night. He didn't even utter a word while having the dinner and now when he opened his mouth, they all glanced at him in awe. Jeongguk on the other hand felt embarrassed about breaking the shell. He wanted to disappear when Jae raised an eyebrow. Nevertheless, he stared back. The tension between them was clear and real. It broke only when V cleared his throat and stood up.

They completed their food and stood up to wash. Jeongguk was satisfied with everything. He glanced at Soobin and the other nodded getting the hint.

"Umm... Uncle San, We'll do the dishes. Ugh, they cooked dinner... So..."

Uncle San smiled and let Jeongguk and Soobin clean the dishes. Yeonjun helped to clear the table. After finishing their work with a little fun, precisely Yeonbin playing with water at the kitchen counter and Jeongguk joining them eventually, they walked out of the kitchen.

The night falling over the hill station and Dear Moon. Stars blinking from above. The murmuring of the leaves when wind touching them can be heard as Jeongguk sat in the back yard, one of his favorite places at Dear Moon. He closed his eyes slowly. The dinner was fun. He loved it. The days and night like this. He feels like he's ten years younger when laughs like that, when having fun.

Jeongguk admired a life like that, no case files, no pressure on the brain, no tension. He wanted to live like Uncle San who is happy with his little world and farming. He wanted to dance like Jae, forgetting everything and flexing his body. He wanted to melt with the music of a violin, like V. Guess everyone has their fate.

Jeongguk was dipped in his thoughts when he heard soothing music from afar. The violin. He couldn't figure out what song it is. But he enjoyed the melody. It lulls him to deep slumber. Jeongguk breathed calmly. Before it was fairytales now it's the smooth harmony. Jeon Jeongguk is a very easy man, minimalist when it comes to his euphoria. Maybe it's true, none of this is a coincidence.

A soft chapter... Any questions?

Hope you guys doing good... Take care...

~AnecdotesOfABroken

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 10.4K 40
Kim Taehyung owner of a huge software company. Jeon Jungkook owner of another large software company. They hate each other more than words can descri...
955K 51K 56
Two bachelors stumble upon each other on a very wild night. Little did they know that one night can change their lives forever. The nation's best boy...
293K 10.5K 38
A TAEKOOK FANFICTION.......🐯🐰 In Which Kim Taehyung And Jeon Jungkook Are Forced To Get Married. But Taehyung Have Already A Girlfriend And He Love...
7.5K 1.2K 31
"Since childhood, I have been crazy about getting married, swear by God!" - Kim Taehyung "You should be picked u...