Sober

By ChristabelAnane

Asher Reynolds is fed up of receiving five consecutive heart breaks from his girlfriends who he thought love... More

Welcome!
Torn Apart Again:
First Day of College:
Love:
Gross Description Of Love And Kylie's Dark Secrets:
Mall Raid:
Broken:
Home Sweet Home:
Calvin's Return:
Headaches, Sarcastic comments and Love letters:
Meeting Asher:
Meeting Miss Croxford:
Training With Kylie:
Talking With Jace And Mirabel:
Party Time l:
Party Time ll:
Mr Flirty Pants and The Bad Fairy Godmother:
The Jealousy Dance:
'Hideous' Appearance:
The Invitation:
Soccer Practice:
The Diary Exchange
Injured:
The Flashback And Samantha's Return:
Your Time Has Come Warren:
Warren Rogers:
Lucifer Is My Stepbrother:
Home:
The Anniversary:
Table 16:
Acting With Ursula:
One More Kiss Wouldn't Hurt?:
Meeting Samantha:
Rescued by Asher:
The Truth Is Revealed:
The Truth Hurts:
The Joy Of Donating:
It's Over Between Us:
The Reunion:
My Real Home:
Saying Goodbye:
Miami, Florida:
Grandpa's House:
My Real Family:
Mirabel's Insecurities:
The Dryopteris Hunt:
Occupy Yourself:
Surfing:
Family Football:
The News:
Working On The Brand:
Blake's Departure:
Cut Contact:
Wynwood Walls:
Cammy and Cal:
Arguments and Fries:
Preparations:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch II:
Enthusiasm:
Seaquarium:
The Bet:
The Plan:
Gaming:
Uncontrollable Feelings:
Girl Talk:
Masquerade Fever:
Distractions:
Epilogue:
Author's Note:
Copyright Info:

The Interview:

35 2 0
By ChristabelAnane

Asher's POV:
"Huh?"I blurt, astounded. I was expecting a different reaction from him.

"Man, I thought you wouldn't be able to touch a girl again! Let alone kiss! What happened?"Jace spills, goggle eyed with a beam on.

"It just happened! We were alone in the Science laboratory.....we were talking and I returned her diary..."

"Her diary?"Jace questions surprised.

"We swapped diaries! It turns out that she has the same diary as mine and I don't know how it happened"

"Oh the diary I gave you"He says in realisation. "So you read her secrets Huh?"He elbows me in the ribs with an eyebrow raised.

"Actually, I read everything! I know I invaded her privacy and I regret it but then, I found out a lot about her"

"Like?"Jace enquires.

"Like her past! Her childhood days and everything"I respond.

"What happened after returning her diary?"he asks, becoming interested now.

"Hey Sunna is back! Let's watch the rest of the interview shall we?"I state teasingly and Jace groans.

"I wanna know what happened next"He whines at me.

"Calvin, you and Camilla will be playing a game! It's very simple"Sunna begins holding some coloured balls in a container. "This is the celebrity game edition of the show"she continues her rants.

"You're keeping me in suspense Ash!"he grumbles and I just chuckle.

"Pick any of the balls and throw it into that machine! It will ask you a riddle"Sunna instructs. "So who's going first?" I see Camilla  tense up beside Calvin as she stares at the machine.

"Well I must admit, I'm not so good with riddles"Camilla admits and the audience laughs.

"It will be fine Camilla! They are simple riddles"Sunna assures and she nods.

"You wouldn't tell me what happened next?"Jace counters.

"Shhh! I'll tell you later"I state with a wave of my hand. It's so fun when I am teasing him. Calvin tosses a green  ball into the machine first and we are all in suspense as the machine ticks for a question. I pray he gets the hardest riddle.

"Okay here's your riddle Calvin!"Sunna exclaims as it appears on the screen. "What is full of holes but still holds water?"she asks and Cal bites his bottom lip.

"What kind of a riddle is that?"Jace exclaims beside me as he continues to munch on his popcorn. I begin to think out of the box.

"You have twenty seconds to answer that"Sunna alerts, pointing to the clock.

"Uh a strainer?"Calvin attempts.

"No. Try again"Sunna states and Cal sighs.

"This is difficult"I state with a smirk.

"Okay, a sponge I guess?"Calvin responds and Sunna nods.

"Of course it is a sponge! You watched Spongebob when you were a kid right?"Sunna asks and Calvin laughs uncontrollably as the audience applauds. I feel proud of him for getting that riddle correct.

"Yes I did"Calvin admits and the audience laughs.

"Name three characters from Spongebob Squarepants"Sunna states.

"Uh. Squidward?"He spills and everyone chuckles in amusement. I'll never forget Squidward! He's the meanest! 

"Patrick and Sandy"He ends and the crowd applauds.

"Good going Cal! You're now on standby for the next game! Camilla, you're next"

Camilla grabs a blue ball from the set and tosses it into the machine. It ticks and she tenses up again.

"Here's your riddle Camilla! What breaks without even touching it?"

Camilla releases a sharp breath and let's out a laugh. Sunna laughs alongside with the others.

"That's a tough one"Jace comments. "What do you think it is?"he asks me.

"I have no idea"I reply.

"You're still going to tell me what happened next right?"Jace demands and I shrug.

"I might"

"Uh....glass?"Camilla responds and Sunna shakes her head.

"Nope! Try again Camilla"

Calvin seems to be thinking hard from where he is sitting. I wish I was there to help Cammy out with this riddle even if I don't have the slightest idea to it.

"A promise?"Camilla asks uncertain

"Yes it's a promise!"Sunna announces with a chuckle and the crowd applauds. "Good job Camilla! I hope you keep your promises"she commends

"I do Sunna"Camilla replies with a chuckle.

"That was an interesting game right there! We have more coming your way! We will be right back"Sunna spills and another commercial comes on.

"Alright! Start spilling the beans Asher"Jace mocks and I groan.

"Fine"I state with an eye roll and he's grinning at me. "She slipped on a spillage and I caught her in my arms before she tumbled onto the floor "

Jace gasps.

"And then we looked into each other's eyes and then it happened"I conclude with a lazy sigh.

"What happened?"Jace tries to play dumb. He's trying to tease me.

"You know what"I reply, annoyed.

"I don't know! Just spill it"he cackled.

"No I won't! Now I've got other things to do"I head to the bathroom to freshen up and lock the bathroom door so that he wouldn't slip in here and remind me of the damn kiss. I peel my clothes off my body and sink into the bathtub. I just inhale the grape and apple scent of my shampoo and it brings back all the memories. Tiffany was attractive in the moonlight. It was just a beautiful scene that got my hormones raging. She looked like a goddess.

Okay stop! Get out of my head! I can't fall in love with another girl! Especially with her! No! Stupid brain!

I concentrate on my hair and wash all the dirt out of it without thinking about Tiffany.

____

I slip back into the room and Jace is still watching the show. He smirks at me as I get into my pyjamas.

"What?"I ask.

"I'm just surprised"He chuckles and I roll my eyes. "But then I have good news for you! You're ahead of Aiden now! If you keep on being consistent, you can win this bet"

"Whatever"I tuck myself into bed and face the television.

"What's Calvin doing?"I ask as he arranges a deck of cards.

"He's building a castle out of those! It's his next task from Sunna"Jace explains. Camilla is beside him, placing some cards together.

"That would take hours to build"I whine, pitying Cal.

"That's why Camilla is helping"Jace points out. I watch as her cards tumble over and she let's out a groan. It's quite frustrating when something like that happens.

"You're almost there Camilla! Just take your time!"Sunna assures.

"This is harder than I thought"Camilla grumbles. Calvin goes on with his task  and he's making progress. Camilla starts all over again with her pile and begins to build.

"Why did you lock the bathroom door?"Jace questions in amusement.

"To prevent some scallywags from entering"I reply and he laughs.

"Ahoy!"he exclaims like a pirate. "Actually, I wanted to pay you a visit in there only to find it locked"

I knew it! I know Jace very well and I predicted right. He wanted to tease me in the bathroom about the damn kiss!  I'm glad I locked the bathroom on time.

"That's unfortunate"I smirk. "Next time, unlock it with a spare key"I taunt.

"I don't have one"he whines.

"You did it!!!"Sunna screams suddenly and I whip my head to the TV screen. She is apparently applauding Cal and Camilla for their work. The castle was real work of art and just spectacular on the table.

"This castle is so beautiful! Both of you deserve to live in it"she teases. "Wow! I'm keeping this!"she commends.

"Thank you so much for spending time with the show tonight! We are so grateful"Sunna gratifies. "I'm sorry to announce that the show has officially come to an end! Next week, we will be having an interview with Jim Brooks! Thanks for watching"

Jace changes the channel and I just flip through my notes lazily. It's nine o clock now. I switch my lamp off and settle into bed.

"Good night scallywag"I holler to Jace at the other end of the room. He was watching a basketball game.

"Goodnight delinquent"he replies and I smile.

°~•~•°

"You know we need to get back to school early"I point out as Jace and I shop at the supermarket near our school. He's apparently holding two jars of apricot jam. I pick up butter from the topmost shelf. We are in a new day. Yesterday was phenomenal with everything that happened, including Cal's interview. I don't know what's in store for us today.

"I know"he shrugs placing the jars in the basket. "What else do we need?"he raises an eyebrow.

"Get some biscuits! I want Oreos! And some ketchup, coffee beans, chocolate croissants and some fresh eggs"I read aloud from the list. He nods and we go around searching. I got my Oreos first before the ketchup. I headed for the chocolate croissants and picked one up. Someone also picks one and I turn to see who it is. Tiffany! My breath hitches.  She just stares back, bewildered.

"Uh hey"I greet to clear the awkwardness.

"Uh hi. Shopping I guess?"she asks and I nod.

"Yeah! Just for a few things "I reply tensely and she nods. She's clad in white shorts and a blue crop top.
"What about you?"I ask.

"I came to buy some stuff as well with Mirabel . She's  looking for Oreos! Have you seen them?"Tiffany asks.

"Yeah they are over there! I just grabbed some a while ago"I point to the next shelf on my right.

"Thanks!"She strides towards it and fills her basket.

"Uh Tiffany,"I begin tensely and she whips her head to look at me.

"Yea?"she responds.

"I need to tell you something. Can we meet at the recreation centre, after school?"I ask and she's taken aback.

"Sure."she replies and I give an inward squeal.

"Thanks"I walk away and head towards Jace who was grabbing some canned drinks from the shelf with Mirabel.

Jace and I hopped into my Aston Martin after paying for all the things we needed. Mirabel and Tiffany were still in there shopping. Jace insisted we'd wait for them but I had a lecture to attend to.

10 minutes later.......

I stride into the lecture hall and it's packed. Geez I'm late! I plonk into the nearest empty desk and steady my breathing.

"You have guts"someone squeaks and I know that voice. Kylie! I turn and she's sitting right beside me. How come? Why is she right beside me?

"After ditching me and putting my boyfriend in prison, you still have the guts to sit beside me"She shrieks angrily.

"I didn't ditch you Kylie! You ditched me"I retaliate. How did I get my butt on this chair?

"That's not true! I begged for your forgiveness! I tried to win you back but no....you just left me"she says with tears springing into her eyes. "Then I had no other choice than to move on with Dave but you put him in jail for a crime he didn't commit!"

"Dave attempted murder on my mom! If my mom hadn't been fast enough, he would have shredded her into a vortex"I state firmly.

"Stop exaggerating! Dave would never hurt anyone"She screeches.

"He hurt me multiple times! If you don't remember then that's fine. I'm out of here"I get up and head to another seat at the back.

"You're the worst Asher Reynolds! The worst"Kylie hollers after me as I take my seat beside a guy. Everyone in the hall glances at me and Kylie

"Miss Simpson, can you please act with decorum! You're in a formal setting" Our lecturer scolds and she sits down. I can't believe I fell in love with such a girl!

"Today we will be looking at something special! Please open your textbooks to page 67"he orders and we do so.  "Read silently and if there's any question, put up your hand." "Welcome back Asher! We really missed you"he refers to me. I haven't been in his class for weeks now.

"Missed? Please"Kylie spills in disgust.

"Miss Simpson, I'll not repeat myself"he warns her and she pouts angrily. I just concentrate on my reading but I can't wait to disappear from this room. I don't wanna be in the same room with Kylie! No!

Aiden walks in hurriedly. I guess I'm not the only one who's late. The lecturer glares at him as he takes a seat beside a girl. He asks her what is happening and he turns to the page in his textbook. Oh great! Aiden is also here to spice up the heat I'm already feeling!

"Your test papers are ready! You have an hour and forty minutes to complete the whole paper! All textbooks closed"the lecturer says and everyone shuts the book. Shoot! A test? I can't remember what I've just read!

He gets up and begins sharing the papers along with another colleague student.

"Goodluck"he states and is out of the door. I stare at my paper. Looks easy. I studied this, the night before! I began scribbling as fast as I could since the questions were a lot and needed detailed explanations.

After the paper, I headed out early because I wasn't ready for Kylie's cusses and I didn't want to stampede my way through the door with the other students. I get to my locker and open it. The test went well and I'm hoping I get the best grade. Someone taps my shoulder. I turn around and Kylie stands there holding my notebook.

"You left this, Dumbass"she snarls and drops it on the floor before heading for the exit. I wanted to retaliate but stopped and picked up my book. That's what a mature person would do.

"Asher"Someone yells my name in the hallway. I spot Aiden marching towards me. "I need to have a word with you! Meet me at the cafe"he sneers. Okay, so this is growing from bad to worse. Double trouble! I just shrug and head to the cafe. Aiden sat there drumming his fingers against the table as  he sipped his coffee.

"I'm here. What do you want to tell me"I ask, towering over him. He looks me dead in the face with his light blue eyes.

"Sit"he commands and I do so.

"I've been noticing your advancements nowadays"he speaks up with a slight chuckle. "But hey, don't even think about snatching Tiffany away from me or else...."He trails off.

"Or else?"I urge him to continue. That statement doesn't frighten me one bit.

"I'd cut your balls off and feed them to my dog"He threatens. I force a smile.

"Very funny Aiden! Oooh I'm scared!"I tease. "You're just insecure"I add with a slight chuckle.

"I'm serious Asher! Stay away from Tiffany"

"Can I ask you something?"I retort.

"What?"

"Do you own her? Is Tiffany some kind of property? She's not even your girlfriend"I yell.

"That's a very good question. You see, I don't want some filthy scallywags like you messing around with my girlfriend to be"he states and I chuckle at the word scallywags.

"I want my job to be easier! No insecurities whatsoever! So please heed to my warning and keep your hands off Tiffany"he rants and I roll my eyes. I wonder how he will react if I tell him Tiffany and I have already kissed.

"I'm sorry but I can't promise you that! Just for you to know, your job is going to be tougher because, I want her"I spill in his face and he's flabbergasted.

"Then this is going to be an interesting competition! Welcome on board cowboy "He mocks, extending his arm for a handshake.

"I don't do handshakes with competitors"I state and he withdraws his hand. "Do you want coffee?"I ask, summoning a waiter over and he's glowering at me.

"I would love some black coffee please"I tell the waiter and he nods. I look back at Aiden.

"You're a player"He spits in my face.

"I'm not! I'm just a good boy"I reply with a smirk and that's the exact truth. But I like new me! Maybe I should become the player!

"You're amusing Asher Reynolds "Aiden compliments with a chuckle.
"Maybe we should strike a deal"he offers and I nod.

"Next week Friday is the grand masquerade ball! Let me get this clear.
1. Whoever is able to ask Tiffany to the masquerade ball first, keeps her forever.
2. Whoever is able to make Tiffany fall in love with him, keeps her forever. This has to do with Tiffany's decision on who to choose, between you and I. Apparently, I'm in the lead"He elaborates.

"Deal"I give in because I know I'm going to win this and win my bet against Jace. Get a new PS5 and play games forever. Ditch Tiffany!

"I love it when I have reasonable partners"Aiden states, standing up. "It was nice doing business with you"he adds and walks away. The waiter brings over my coffee and I drink up.

"What was that meeting with Aiden about?"I hear Mirabel ask as she occupies the chair in front of me.

"You can guess"I point out.

"Tiffany?"she asks and I nod.

"Gosh! Aiden is such a loser"she huffs. "What did he say?"

"We striked a stupid deal and whoever wins gets to keep Tiffany forever"

"I'll help you win this! Don't worry"Mirabel assures me.

"Thanks Mira"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 72.7K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
3.7K 87 23
" I just feel so selfish..." I say as I cry, looking down. I feel two sets of arms wrapping around me, giving me warmth and love. "That's okay." "...
337K 9.2K 44
Every girl needs their world to be rocked at least once. While Aiden Bradford believes he has everything he's ever wanted for his senior year at UCLA...
343K 6.6K 52
Emotions are what makes us human, especially love. Caring for other individuals keeps our humanity intact. But, what's Peri to think when the very fe...