Sober

By ChristabelAnane

Asher Reynolds is fed up of receiving five consecutive heart breaks from his girlfriends who he thought love... More

Welcome!
Torn Apart Again:
First Day of College:
Love:
Gross Description Of Love And Kylie's Dark Secrets:
Mall Raid:
Broken:
Home Sweet Home:
Calvin's Return:
Headaches, Sarcastic comments and Love letters:
Meeting Asher:
Meeting Miss Croxford:
Training With Kylie:
Talking With Jace And Mirabel:
Party Time l:
Party Time ll:
Mr Flirty Pants and The Bad Fairy Godmother:
The Jealousy Dance:
'Hideous' Appearance:
The Invitation:
Soccer Practice:
The Diary Exchange
Injured:
The Flashback And Samantha's Return:
Your Time Has Come Warren:
Warren Rogers:
Lucifer Is My Stepbrother:
Home:
The Anniversary:
Table 16:
Acting With Ursula:
One More Kiss Wouldn't Hurt?:
Meeting Samantha:
Rescued by Asher:
The Truth Is Revealed:
The Truth Hurts:
The Joy Of Donating:
It's Over Between Us:
The Reunion:
My Real Home:
Saying Goodbye:
Miami, Florida:
Grandpa's House:
My Real Family:
Mirabel's Insecurities:
The Dryopteris Hunt:
Occupy Yourself:
Surfing:
Family Football:
The News:
Working On The Brand:
Blake's Departure:
Cut Contact:
Wynwood Walls:
Cammy and Cal:
Arguments and Fries:
Preparations:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch II:
Enthusiasm:
Seaquarium:
The Bet:
The Interview:
Gaming:
Uncontrollable Feelings:
Girl Talk:
Masquerade Fever:
Distractions:
Epilogue:
Author's Note:
Copyright Info:

The Plan:

36 2 0
By ChristabelAnane

Asher's POV:
The whole of today has been very tiring for me. I have been trying to gain Tiffany's attention but it seems Aiden keeps on interrupting me and I just fail in it. Mirabel said she has a perfect plan and I'm anxious to know what it is because I can't stand Aiden anymore! God he's so pushy!

"How's it going?"Jace ruffles my hair and sits beside me at our usual desk as we waited for our lecturer. It was late afternoon and I was just sulking at my table for my failure.

"As you can see "I point to the front row of the class where Tiffany and Aiden were having a lively conversation with her cracking up every now and then.

Jace chortles.  "Man I see your problem"He admits, slamming his backpack on the desk.

"Oh you do? Thanks so much for involving me in this impossible bet"I snarl angrily and turn to my textbook.

"You don't have to get all pissed about it! It's easy! Just find out when she is free and have a little chat?"Jace suggests.

"Free? She's never free with Aiden being all clingy"I retort and Jace chuckles. "I've been monitoring them"I add with a sigh.

"You still need to win this Ash! You can hate me all you want! It's for your own good"Jace advices and my heart beats rapidly.

"Well I hate you now"I confess.

"I love you best friend! "Jace taunts as the lecturer enters.

"Hello students"He greets and we remain silent till the lecture is over. This lecture was the last for the day! I couldn't wait to get back to the dorms and freshen up.

_____

On my way back to the dorms I saw the banners, all over in royal blue and black about the masquerade ball next week Friday. People were all excited about it as they chatted in the hallway. I just bypassed them and headed for the exit.

"Asher!"I hear Samantha's voice and stop in my tracks. She rushes towards me and engulfs me in a hug. I was caught off guard.

"When did you return?"She gushes panting heavily when she breaks the unexpected hug.

"Uh a few days ago"I answer with a chuckle. Her black hair was in a ponytail and her bluegreen eyes were glimmering with delight of seeing me again.

"I missed you so much.....Dave was a threat but I was able to survive anyways! He couldn't come near me"she rants and I smile. "How was your trip? How's Florida?"she questions as we head outside together.

"It was thrilling! I got to meet my Grandpa and we explored many places"I narrate and she giggles.

"I see"she states and we take a seat on the empty bleachers near the stadium. I miss training. Coach said I can begin training next week and I can't wait to get on the pitch again. "Did you go with your girlfriend? By the way, who is she? You didn't tell me the last time"Samantha questions curiously. My breath hitches.

"Uh Tiffany"I spill. I don't know why but it just came out of my mouth. I guess it's because of the bet. The Bet would make it seem more authentic that we are in a relationship.

"Tiffany? I didn't know. You two aren't so close"Samantha reveals

"Yeah we are still getting to know each other and I like her"I lie. Samantha is taken aback by my words.

"Oh"she says recovering from shock. "So you're taking her to the masquerade dance next week Friday?"she asks pained. I could feel the hurt in her voice and I regret lying to her.

"Yeah.... I haven't asked her out yet but it is likely"I reply looking directly into Samantha's eyes. She had hidden tears in them.

"Honestly, I thought I could win you back but I guess I'm too late"Samantha cries into her palms and I feel horrible.

"Samantha look at me, ..."I raise her chin up so that she could stare into my green irises. "You're the prettiest and sweetest girl I've ever known. It doesn't matter if I've moved on! You'll get someone to replace me in no time"

"I don't want a replacement! I love You! I want you only"she blurts.

"Apparently, you know that's not possible"I reply, remembering what Jace said to me. There will be distractions from Kylie and Samantha!

"That's because I was too late"she sniffles, wiping her tears. "I'll just go now"she grabs her jacket and turns around.  She struts as fast as she can out of my sight and I know she's heartbroken. I've had that feeling many times and I know how one acts when it comes. I want to kiss and cuddle her but I can't.  I just can't.

My phone buzzes in my hand and I answer the incoming call I've been expecting for hours now.

"What took you so long?"I scream at the caller.

"Shh! Just get to the science laboratory! Asap"Mirabel says and I hang up. I stride quickly to the intended place and Mirabel meets me outside.

"Tiffany is alone in there, examining these plants! I got Aiden distracted! Now is your chance! Go get her"Mirabel pushes me into the lab. Tiffany was inside alone as she said, holding a fern in her right hand as she scrutinised it. Her hair was straight today, as it flowed down to the length of her shoulders. I clear my throat and she whips around to look at me.

"Asher?"she squeaks surprised.

"Sorry for startling you! I came for....."I scan around for an item.  I spot a paper with a drawing on it and pick it up.

"This"I raise it. "I was worried sick about it! I thought I lost it"I continue my act.

"You drew that? It's so awesome! I've never drawn anything like that before because I'm a terrible artist "she gushes and beads of sweat gather up on my forehead.

"I was curious to know who drew this and it turns out that it's You!"she giggles and I force a smile as I sit on a stool.

"So what are you doing?"I ask.

"I am examining an experiment Aiden and I carried out on the dryopteris days ago! It's turning out great and we are obtaining the required results"she says, taking off her gloves and dumping them into the nearest trashcan.

"By the way, have you spotted Aiden anywhere? He's kept long! He should have been back by now"Tiffany grumbles as she stares at the wall clock. It read 6:35pm."I hope he's fine"

Oh he's fine alright! Mirabel is just distracting him for a couple of hours.

"I'm sure he's fine!"I announce. "I have something for you"I dig into my bag and fish out her diary. She gasps when she sees it.

"My diary!"She squeals and snatches it from me. "How did you get it?"

"I don't know! We might have..."

"Swapped"she hands me the other one. The original Jace gave to me as a gift

"I was anxious to know where it is! And now, it's here! It's back! Did you read it?"she asks.

"Um.....I read a few pages"I lie and she sighs. "I'm sorry if I invaded your privacy"

"It's fine actually! I'm  glad to have it back"she shoves it into her bag. "Thanks for returning it!" She turns to face me but slips and I catch her just in time before she tumbles onto the floor with my hands firm on her waist. She pants as I turn her around to face me. She was much closer to my body now.

"Are you okay?"I ask worried.

"Yes"She says taking a deep breath to steady her heart. "I just slipped on a spillage! Over there"she gestures to the tiles with water stains on them.

"You need to be careful next time! You would have bruised yourself"I brush the hair out of her face and she stares directly into my eyes with her blue ones.

"Yeah you're right! I'll be careful next time "she replies, panting lightly. "Thanks for catching me just in time"she smiles.

"Don't thank me"I whisper and stare directly into her eyes. She stares back. Now I need to make a move! It's now or never! The moon is way up in the sky and it has cast a shadow in the dimly lit room. I don't know how but it has made Tiffany attractive in a way. My heart beat quickens as I just check her out in the moonlight. I'm surprised it's late already. Without thinking, I lean in and brush my lips lightly against hers. She doesn't respond and I'm desperate.

I pin her to the wall and deepen the kiss. This time, she responds and I smile with a moan. She tastes like grapes and it's my favourite flavour. It just turns me on. I brush her hair and it's as soft as cotton. She rakes my hair and touches my cheeks with her soft fingers. My body was  now reacting in a different way. I felt like I belong! And I've never felt that way before! My hormones were bouncing around like thousands of marbles released onto the floor and I couldn't control it.

Tiffany got out of control too. I could feel the goosebumps on her skin as she brushed my chest softly with her fingers. It's like we were meant for each other.

"No Aiden! I need you to get me those papers!"I hear Mirabel screech outside and immediately break the kiss. Aiden is here. Tiffany looks confused.

"What's going on?"She asks softly as she rakes her hair backwards.

"I already got you the papers! Now let me in"Aiden yells and I hear the door in the laboratory creak open. He enters and I busy myself with an old book I found in one of the drawers.

"Aiden you're back"Tiffany announces and he just looks between us.

"What's he doing here?"Aiden refers to me, looking quite upset.

"He's here to help "Tiffany jumps to my defence and Aiden sighs. I smirk and massage my neck.

"Whatever"Aiden rolls his eyes. "I've got all the supplies right here in this box! I'm sorry I took so long! Your roommate had me running errands for her"He rants on and places a brown box on a table.

"Mirabel?"Tiffany questions. "That's weird....she  prefers running her own errands"

"Then I don't know what's gotten into her"Aiden shrugs as he puts on a pair of gloves. "Let's get this done"he adds.

"Can you finish it? I'm exhausted"Tiffany grumbles.

"What do you mean? You're leaving?"Aiden asks.  "Tiffany you can't leave! You know I need your help with this"

"Then we can continue tomorrow! It's already late."She explains and Aiden sighs.

"I want us to finish it tonight Tiff! It's for the best! Mr Dillard will be so proud"Aiden persuades.

"Okay fine but I'll just help with the major aspect and  you can take care of the rest!"

"What about him? He has no service to render! Maybe he should leave"Aiden says

"Don't underestimate me Aiden!"I warn him and just keep on reading my book.

"Let's get this done with! Shall we?"Tiffany steers his attention off me to the experiment. I can feel it that Aiden doesn't trust me and I don't care. All I can think about, is me taking the lead! I can't believe I just kissed Tiffany! I've been thinking about it ever since Aiden arrived and I can't get it out of my head. It was different. I have kissed so many girls and I've never experienced this thrilling feeling before. I can't tell if Tiffany felt the same way but it's just weird.

"I'll leave then" I announce and get on my feet. "I'll see you later Tiffany"
She nods as I walk out of the door. I strutted alone to the dorms still thinking about how soft, rosy and grapy ( if that's even a word but I mean to say, tastes like grapes) Tiffany's lips were. Why am I thinking about it? Forget it Asher! It's just a stupid ordinary kiss! Nothing special about it! Just forget it.

I walk into my room and Jace is in his sweatpants and underwear. His hair is in a mess as he takes some popcorn and watches a show on the television.

"Hey there Roomie"He teases with a chuckle. "Where have you been?"he lays on his bed and grabs the remote control.

"Been busy with the stupid bet"I groan and dump my satchel on the cabinet. I reach out for a jar of apricot jam ready to slip some into my bread. I was shocked to see it empty.

"The jam is finished?"I ask, baffled.

"Yeah. I ate the remains yesterday"Jace admits. I guess I would have to pay a visit to the supermarket tomorrow. "But the grape jam is still available"

Oh great! Why does it have to be grapes? I chose the apricot and ignored the grapes for a reason! But it just so happens that Jace ate all the apricot and now I have to turn to the grapes which brings back memories! I already got rid of it! Now eating grape jam would trigger it! I need to forget about the kiss! I'm hungry and I  want to eat some bread  with ordinary grape jam or I should opt for butter instead?

I check the refrigerator and the butter is gone too. Now isn't this a coincidence?

"Jace! The butter is gone too?"I squeal, at the brink of tears. This is a nightmare!

"Yeah! It got finished last week"He confesses and turns his attention to the television. "Now don't ask me any other question! I've got to listen to this interview! Sunna is asking Calvin a question here"

"Calvin?"I squint at the TV set and he's on stage with Camilla, dressed in matching outfits. Camilla looked beautiful as always with her hair dyed slightly blue and Cal had his original hair colour now. They were both in red turtlenecks and dark jeans with maroon sneakers to match.

"You know everyone loves both of you dearly and you know some of them will be disappointed in you for  choosing her and her for choosing you....I interviewed some people and I got crazy reactions from the fans! One wanted to shove me into the ditch because of that! What do you think of this?"Sunna asks both of them. I spread the grape jam on my bread and pay attention to what Calvin is saying.

"I think they should just respect our decision! I know I've got secret admirers out there but the truth is, I love Camilla....from the bottom of my heart. We have been friends since childhood because our dad's were best friends and so we grew up together. We know everything about each other and I feel secure around her"Calvin admits and Sunna taps her chest.

"That's so sweet! Well what do you think of this Camilla?"Sunna directs the question to Cammy. I'm done spreading the grape on my bread. I quickly reseal the jam and place it back before taking a bite of my bread.

"As Cal correctly said, they need to respect our decision as individuals. I know most of them out there aren't happy that I chose Cal of all people but then, I listen to my heart a lot and that's what it told me! To choose him! And he's just the perfect partner! I love him so much and I've known him since I was seven. "

"But you separated at some point right? Because, according to what I have here, people claimed you were dating super hot model, Jim Carter"

I sit beside Jace and eat my bread as I continue to watch the show. It's live meaning it's happening right now.

"Yeah that's true. Um Cal and I weren't so close anymore when we got to high school because, we moved a lot! He moved first with his family to Seattle and then I moved with my family to Boston so there wasn't any contact until I met him here in L.A. Then, I was dating Jim"

"What happened with Jim?"Sunna enquires.

"It didn't work out"Camilla shrugs. "But we are still friends"she adds quickly.

"Its being rumoured that you cheated on Jim! Is this true?"

"No I would never do such a thing! Jim knows this! You can ask him"Camilla spills, looking quite upset. "It was just a misunderstanding that broke us"

"That's why it's called a rumour! Don't take it personal Camilla"

"Who's this Jim Carter?"I ask Jace.

"We will take a commercial break! Please stay tuned, we will be right back"Sunna winks at us and a commercial comes on.

"This is him"He points to a guy with dark curly hair and even toned black skin on a magazine wearing a leather jacket. He was hot, to admit. Calvin's got some competition!

"Camilla's ex"I state and place it on the cabinet. "Not bad"

"You said the bet kept you busy! I suppose you were with Tiffany?"Jace smirks at me.

"Yeah I was with her and I think I have the lead now"I reply.

"What did you do?"Jace asks, eyes narrowed at me.

"I don't think you'll be interested" I taunt Jace just to keep him in suspense.

"Come on! Tell me! I'm curious!"he pleads.

"Okay I kissed her and I know I might have messed up! Tell me I did"I blurt and he's stunned.

"That is IMPRESSIVE!!!"he screeches.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 83.2K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
1.6K 33 14
Emma is having a loving boyfriend, she is quite happy with her life in general. She likes her job and her family....but what will happen when she by...
1.5K 68 36
After gaining an old, dilapidated Manor house after her grandmother's death, James Harper Reynolds moves back to her home town. Spending every second...
153 38 9
Have you ever had to watch your guy best friend the guy you not so secretly love, fall in love, 11 times over? But it's fine cause you're popular an...