𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞...

By monotone_skies

ɢʀᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏ ᴇꜱᴄᴀᴘᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ, ꜱʜᴇ ꜰʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪʏᴜᴇ ʜᴀʀʙᴏʀ ᴀʟᴏɴɢꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴇqᴜᴇɴᴄᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ᴀᴄᴛɪ... More

𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞
ʟᴀᴘɪꜱ ᴅᴇɪ
ʜᴇʀᴍɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟ ʟɪꜰᴇ
ᴘᴀᴘɪʟɪᴏ ᴄʜᴀʀᴏɴᴛɪꜱ
ʀᴇᴅ ᴘʟᴜᴍ ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍꜱ
ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀ ɢʀᴀɴᴅɪꜱ
ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ
ɴᴜʙɪꜱ ᴄᴀᴇꜱᴏʀ
ʀᴇꜰᴜʟɢᴇɴᴛ ꜱᴋɪᴇꜱ
ꜰᴀʙᴜʟᴀᴇ ᴛᴇxᴛɪʟᴇ
ᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀɴᴛᴇʀɴꜱ ʙᴜʀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
ʟᴜᴘᴜꜱ ᴍɪɴᴏʀ
ʜᴏᴍᴇꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅ
ᴠɪᴀᴛᴏʀ
ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇʀ'ꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ
ʀᴏᴛᴀ ᴄᴀʟᴀᴍɪᴛᴀꜱ
ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅɪꜱᴘᴏꜱɪᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄᴀʀᴍᴇɴ ᴅᴇɪ
ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ
ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇᴘꜱ ᴄʀᴇᴛᴀᴄᴇᴜꜱ
ᴀɴɢᴇʟ'ꜱ ꜱʜᴀʀᴇ
ᴄᴏᴍʀᴀᴅᴇꜱ
ᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴀɴᴅ ᴡɪɴᴅꜱ
ɢᴏᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ɴᴇᴄᴋʟᴀᴄᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ
ᴄʜɪᴠᴀʟʀɪᴄ ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍ
ᴡɪɴᴅʙᴏʀɴᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪꜱ ᴅᴏᴠᴇ
ᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛꜰᴜʟ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ
ʟᴀᴡʀᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴏꜰ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ꜱᴡᴇʟʟ
ʀᴀɪɴʏ ᴅᴀʏꜱ
ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴅᴜʟɪᴛʏ
ᴘᴀᴠᴏ ᴏᴄᴇʟʟᴜꜱ
ɴᴏᴄᴛᴜᴀ
ᴅɪꜱᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
ᴡɪᴛʜᴅʀᴀᴡɴ ʏᴇᴛ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ
ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ
ʙᴀᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋ
ᴅᴇꜱᴘɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ
ʀɪᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ
ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ
ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴀꜰᴀʀ
ᴋɪɴᴅʟɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇ
ɢʟᴀɴᴄᴇꜱ
ꜰᴀᴛᴇ ᴀꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴛᴏʟᴅ
ᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ
ꜱᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀɴᴅᴇʟɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴀʟᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴀʟʙᴇᴅᴏ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴅɪʟᴜᴄ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴋᴀᴇʏᴀ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ʀᴀᴢᴏʀ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴠᴇɴᴛɪ
ꜰᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ ᴍᴏɴᴅꜱᴛᴀᴅᴛ
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈
ᴏᴅᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ
ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏꜱ
ᴀᴅʀɪꜰᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀʙᴏʀ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛᴀꜱᴛᴇꜱ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ
ꜰʀᴇᴛ ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ꜱᴏɴɢ ʙɪʀᴅ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxᴏʀᴄɪꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ

ꜱᴏᴄɪᴀʟ ᴄᴜᴇꜱ

10.3K 741 456
By monotone_skies

THIRTY  SIX

A FEW KNIGHTS began to wonder why the Captain of the Reconnaissance Company frequented the headquarters more often than usual. It should've been obvious by the faces they made upon crossing shadows with her, but Eula Lawrence could care less. 

In a world that hated her, she was used to it. But it would not deter her from walking through their faces to get to the people who waited for her on the other side.

"I remember seeing Diluc outside when I escorted you," Eula recounted. "What was that about?"

(Y/n) leaned back against her chair. "I suppose he was out for a breath of fresh air. And when I approached him he was more or less confused but, that was to be expected," She recalled. 

The two were on each opposite side of the large desk in the archive, spending their break gossiping about the previous night.

Eula's brows knitted into a frown. "I admit, it's a bit strange Kaeya of all people would want to set the two of you up..." She said. "Goodness knows what's on that mind of his."

The young woman thought about telling her the truth, but by then, the conversation had changed course.

"Anywho, how was it?" She seemed rather excited to talk. "Did Diluc keep you in a corner with him isolated from everyone else like we predicted?"

(Y/n) felt her lips tug at the ends alongside a light blush forming on her cheeks. "Funny you'd think that," She moved a few strands of hair behind her ear. "We actually danced together a majority of the night."

Eula stared at her with wide eyes. "Diluc doesn't like to dance. How'd you get him to do that?"

(Y/n) leaned the side of her head in the palm of her hand. "I don't think there's many differences between the aristocracy in Mondstadt and in Fontaine. Having told him, I guess he just entertained the idea," She smiled.

A distant bell then rung through the city.

"Evening already?" Eula was astonished time had passed by rather quickly without warning. "I can't believe this."

The Spindrift Knight stood from her seat. "Duty calls," She said. "Tomorrow same time as usual?"

(Y/n) nodded her head. "Take care!" She yelled softly after Eula. And then, she was left to her own accord.

But it was only about twenty minutes into a quiet solitude before footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs.

"Knock, knock!" Paimon's voice rang throughout the archive. "It's us! Aether and Paimon!"

(Y/n)'s eyes flickered from the papers on her desk towards the corner. And then, her face lit up.

"Hey, you two," She greeted them as their figures came into view. "It's been a while."

Aether gave her a slight wave. "It has been," He said.

"What brings you into the dusty, old archive today?" (Y/n) asked.

Paimon then hovered over her head. "Well, we'll be heading over to Liyue for a few days," She explained. "So, we wanted to ask you if there's anything you wanted us to take or bring back?"

(Y/n) glanced around the room momentarily before a thought popped into her head. "No, but I do have something to ask," She said. "Though, its not about Liyue."

Paimon spoke up. "What is it?"

The woman tapped her fingers against the desk in worry. "...Do you two know what exactly Diluc holds against Kaeya?" She asked. Then she quickly followed up with, "I'm asking because it seems I find myself on the verge of being caught in the in-between."

Paimon glanced over at the blond, who in turn shook his head. "We actually don't know..." She turned her attention towards (Y/n). "Sorry."

(Y/n) let out a small sigh. "That's okay. It's nothing detrimental to know." 

"You said you were going to Liyue, right?" She then asked. 

The two nodded their heads.

(Y/n) seemed to relax. "I'm not sure if it's okay for me to ask this of you, but can you send a few words of mine to Zhongli? I want him to know I'm doing well."

"Why not write him a letter?" Paimon suggested. "I'm sure he'd like that. Not to mention rereading it if he wants to."

"...You two wouldn't mind waiting for a bit?" (Y/n) asked.

Aether took the set where Eula previously sat. "Not at all," He said with a smile. 

Paimon nodded her head in agreement. "In the meantime, we can use this time to catch up!"

It was bad enough nearly the entirety of the upperclassmen had assumed Diluc was interested in someone. Though, he couldn't complain for being left alone by their daughters.

In all truth, he was conflicted.

On one hand, he couldn't deny the existing feelings. But on the other, it seemed a bit too sudden for his own liking. Though, he supposed it was just one of the many things in one's natural life you couldn't control.

It was always relieving to see her walk in through the tavern doors past evening after a long day. She'd strike up a conversation with him and the rest was thrown into the background. On the contrary, Diluc couldn't say the same for his adoptive brother.

"Hey, princess." It was the nickname he had given her since comfortable with the truth of her lineage. "Evening going well, I presume?"

(Y/n) shook her head at the name alongside a smile. "You already know," She said. "Try switching places with me and maybe you'll end up in dust by the end of the day too."

Kaeya chuckled in response. He took the seat next to her, his body facing her. "Word has it there was a commotion in the library earlier. Apparently Reise's done it again and got his heart broken by a woman from up North."

(Y/n) didn't really care for gossip, but she chose to entertain the man anyways. "Well, you know what they say," She began. "When a heart breaks, it doesn't break even."

Kaeya leaned against the counter, his arms crossed over the other with his head resting above them like a little boy listening to someone he likes. "Where'd you hear that from?" He asked, his attention fixed onto her face.

It may have not been obvious to anyone else, but Diluc could see as clear as day his brother was smitten with her. There were no other words to describe it.

He remembered how distraught (Y/n) became that night upon fining out Kaeya wouldn't be there. He didn't think there could ever be a face more betrayed than hers. It looked as if that fact alone ruined her entire evening.

Just thinking about it made his brows furrow subconsciously.

"We're a lot closer than you think." Kaeya's voice rang in his head as he referenced himself and (Y/n). "There are things you wouldn't know, of course."

Finally, something in him snapped.

Turning to look at Charles, his help during the hours, his lips parted to speak. "I'll be taking my leave early today," He said without another word to explain himself.

"..." (Y/n)'s eyesight followed the redhead as he left the tavern. It was unusual of him, so she began to think something was wrong.

All the while Kaeya merely stared at his back, wondering if lately he'd been getting under his skin more than usual by presence alone. Not that it really mattered though, seeing how their relationship was as tarnished as ever.

Or perhaps... his executed plan had exceeded in lengths he didn't think it would.

THIRTY SIX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 118K 154
❝𝘠/𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘏𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘭. 𝘠/𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘔𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘭!❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝖨𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝖺 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝗋𝖺𝗂𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒 𝖧𝗂𝗅...
55.8K 844 14
#𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐁𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬, 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭...
18.2K 315 51
𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 | 𝐗𝐈𝐀𝐎 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 | 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃: 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃: 𝟒𝐭𝐡 �...
113K 5.9K 45
𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐌. 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬 x 𝐅. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐔 w/ 𝐃.𝐈.𝐂.𝐊.𝐀.𝐀.𝐙.) After being burned at the stake u...