ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇʀ'ꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ

FOURTEEN

EVERY STEP TAKEN felt as though distance became the bearer of bad news in their hopes of finding the girl. Searching for her throughout the harbor, past the bridges to the peaks, up until their journey led them to the outskirts of Liyue. She was no where to be seen, not even a trace.

Xingqiu let out a frustrated sigh. "...You'd think by now we would've found something."

Chongyun frowned. "No one on the roads say they've seen someone of her description..." He said.

"The commerce guild, the merchants," His dark haired friend continued to ramble. "Not even the frequent passerby's have seen her."

Chongyun ran his hand through his hair, fingertips clumping the ends out of frustration. "Why her? She hasn't done anything."

Gently, Xingqiu placed his hand over his shoulder, a reassuring smile forming on his lips, "Calm yourself a bit. You wouldn't want to get heated now."

The exorcist averted his gaze, glancing up towards the sun. He furrowed his brows, accepting his friend's concern and allowing himself to let go of the stress, for now.

"Thank you, Xingqiu," He said. "I don't now where I'd be without you."

The commerce boy smiled at his words, a bit pleased his friend listened to his genuine concern. "Come on," He motioned towards the city behind them. "Let's go get you something cold to eat."

As the two turned heel down the path to Liyue Harbor, the dark haired boy couldn't help but look over at his pale companion.

"...You know," Xingqiu began. "I don't think I've seen you this distraught in a while."

"Seldom there be a time things like this happen," Chongyun said. "But this is truly a first for me..."

"That's... not what I was getting at," His friend turned his attention back towards the road.

Xingqiu kept his eyes down, lost in thought when he glanced up, coincidentally catching sight of a certain blond traveler about to reach the massive bridge to the entrance of the harbor.

"You know who we haven't asked?" The dark haired boy bumped the exorcist's shoulder, motioning for him to look in the same direction.

Chongyun's gaze followed along. "Who?"

The boy's legs carried him without a care, almost as light as a feather. And not too far from him was his companion Paimon, who talked along with hand gestures to compliment her words.

The two boys nodded at each other before kicking at the dirt, rocks flying behind them as they rushed their pace to catch up with the blond.

"Aether...!" Chongyun called his name out.

The traveler and his companion looked over their shoulders to catch glimpse of them, turning their bodies to face the friends as they slowed down before their feet.

"Traveler!" Xingqiu greeted him once he was in reach. "We need your help!"

"Xingqiu?" Aether's eyes darted between the two. "Chongyun?"

"What are you two doing here?" Paimon asked.

Xingqiu took a step forward. "We've been looking for someone," He explained calmly. "A friend of ours we met recently."

"She's a bit taller than us," Chongyun continued. "With (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes."

Paimon rubbed her chin with the tip of her finger. Images filled and flashed her head, trying to find a face to match the plain description.