ʀᴏᴛᴀ ᴄᴀʟᴀᴍɪᴛᴀꜱ

FIFTEEN

THE FEELING OF rough hands gripping onto her arms, it frightened her. She'd be lying if she said it didn't haunt her at night once in a while. Tossing and turning, her eyes slightly ajar, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

The tassels she held in hand gave her peace of mind. The ornament that held it together—the thin rope, and the soft edges—they both made her feel a bit better.

Razor glanced over at the girl who sat next to him. His eyes watched as her fingertips rub against the small objects, her gaze falling over them tenderly.

"They are... yours?" He asked.

(Y/n) snapped out of her deep thoughts, turning her face towards him. "No, they're not mine," She peered down at the tassels, her hand gripping them tightly as if someone could snatch them away at any given moment. "...They were my friends'."

"They are... very shiny," He eyed the glint that flaunted when she'd twist them at an angle.

"They are, aren't they?" (Y/n) smiled warmly. "Especially in the sunlight."

The young woman peered over to the letter sitting wedged in the window over the wash basin, the vanilla envelope a bit crumbled from the journey between the two nations.

When Aether returned her belongings, he handed her the unexpected words from Zhongli. He didn't strike her as the type of man to linger on such ordeals but, perhaps he had come to have a shred of care for her, a thought that made her heart sting a bit.

"I miss them," (Y/n)'s lips formed the words that popped into her head without thought.

"I am here," Razor placed his hand over her hers, giving it a little squeeze to comfort and soothe her in the moment.

"I know," She smile. But it was a sad one.

The sudden sound of something shuffling from the depths of the house caused the both of them to stay alert.

"...A noise," Razor stood from the seat.

"...I haven't explored the rest of the house," (Y/n) admitted. "...I'm not sure if the other rooms are worse than the main one."

The two slowly made their way through the narrow hallway, three doors coming to light.

Razor gently pulled the first one open, revealing itself to be a rather small room, and from looks alone, most likely used to store things in. He moved on to the next one, the door a few inches from the first one. Upon opening it, dust and cobwebs were swept from the sudden gust of fresh air. There was old furniture covered with worn out cloth, old paintings, and even a small vanity.

The third door, the one at the end of the hall, was proving rather difficult for the boy to nudge open. As soon as the knob began fidgeting from the movement of his hand twisting it, more shuffling noises became audible.

Razor gathered what strength he had, the door finally giving in out of fear the boy would fracture its wooden structure with his grip.

The opened window across from them revealed a bed below it, an old trunk at the foot. As soon as they stepped in, the scampering of a little squirrel startled them as it hopped onto the bed. It then pounced towards the glass that was ajar, escaping through the narrow space.

"...So that's what it was," (Y/n) kept her eyes where it had once been, a bit satisfied it was nothing more than a small creature.

The boy took a few steps inside, eyes darting towards every corner, inspecting each area before looking over his shoulder and at the (h/c) haired girl standing behind the doorway.