ʙᴀᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋ

FORTY ONE

THE LEAST OF all (Y/n)'s problems were fulfilled by being kept company. She'd somehow found herself surrounded by reliable people, something she never expected her life in Mondstadt to turn out this way.

"That was delicious!" Paimon rubbed circles over her stomach. "Paimon doesn't think she's had a meal this good!"

"That's what you say about everything, Paimon," (Y/n) pointed out.

The three friends sat together outside Good Hunter.

"That's not true!" The white-haired girl rebutted.

Aether spoke up. "But she has a fair point," He laughed.

Paimon crossed her arms over the other with a slight pout. They could never understand someone who has more than three stomachs. Allegedly.

"Traveler." A voice (Y/n) had never heard before spoke.

She glanced over her shoulder. There stood a young lady with a glimmering, gold lined leotard. Strands of black hair were strewn over her shoulders, falling from underneath that witch hat that sat comfortably atop her head.

Her pale, sea green eyes were fixed onto the blond. "Traveler," She repeated. "I have a request to ask of you now that you're in my path."

Paimon hovered over (Y/n)'s shoulder. "Oh boy, here we go," She sounded annoyed their free day was now on the verge of gaining a chore.

"Before you ask, Mona," Aether began. "I'd like you to meet (Y/n)." He gestured towards her. "She's a good friend of ours we haven't gotten the chance to introduce you to."

The young lady named Mona glanced towards her. She didn't really seem all that excited, but chose to introduce herself anyways.

She then strided forth towards (Y/n) with her hand held out. "Charmed," She raised her chin. The astrologist then hovered her arm towards (Y/n)'s. "I am the Astrologist Mona Megistus-" But the exact moment their hands made contact, Mona's head was thrown slightly back.

Everything went dark. And amidst the tar were the sound of feathers rustling against metal. Whatever it was, it sounded trapped. And all around her were obscure figures she couldn't see. But although she was blinded, she could still feel their gaze on her back.

Mona blinked her eyes a couple of times before returning to her senses, giving the woman an odd look.

"...Nice to meet you," Was all she said in a soft voice. Though, she sounded rather intrigued.

The bell that towered over Mondstadt above the cathedral then rang aloud over the evening atmosphere. A few birds flew over their heads, and (Y/n) stood from her seat.

"Apologies," She smiled warmly. "It's lovely to be acquainted. But I must go now."

(Y/n) bid them all farewell before heading off towards the large gate, leaving them to discuss whatever it was Mona wanted.

Paimon felt her absence more than anything. It was nice having (Y/n) around for a change of pace. And all while lost in thought did she notice a pin where she once sat.