ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ɴᴇᴄᴋʟᴀᴄᴇ

TWENTY FOUR

SMALL SNOWFLAKES DESCENDED from the nearby mountain. They maneuvered gently through the atmosphere, a few landing into the palm of (Y/n)'s hand. She then glanced upward from the fragile cut of ice and towards the wolf boy who caught a few of his own not too far from where she stood.

Razor had found a patch not far from the mountain where it miraculously snowed atop of grass. Though, only very lightly. But he thought it was worthy enough to share with his seemingly new friend.

(Y/n) kept watch as he stared in amazement. As if no matter how many times he'd seen it, he couldn't get enough of it.

She suddenly felt something cold land on the tip of her nose. And upon lifting a finger to touch, realized it was a small particle of ice that had already begun to melt.

Her lips curved to a warm gesture, then turning slightly agape as something glinted from the corner of her eyes.

The young woman slowly made her way towards what appeared to be a broken necklace, It's pieces scattered about.

"...What?" Razor's raspy voice suddenly appeared beside her.

She briefly glanced at him. "I'm not sure. It looks like a necklace, though the beads are all over the place."

Razor crouched down, his arms against his knees. He reached for one, raising it up his his face between two gloved fingertips.

"...Very shiny," His crimson red eyes stared admiringly at the bead.

While the boy eyed the piece intensely, (Y/n) began picking the rest into the ends of her dress. She then stood up, holding them in the fabric and careful not to drop them.

"Let's go see what it is?" She turned to the boy.

Razor straightened himself, dropping the bead he held into the pile. And with a nod, the two made their way back to the house in the woods.

The white beads rolled onto the table, followed by the placement of larger pieces alongside them. (Y/n) eyed them each individually, Razor peering over her shoulder.

He watched as she meticulously placed each one in a circle, reaching out to stop a few from rolling away once in a while. She then placed the identical pieces on each side of the largest one, that piece being in the middle.

"It's kind of intimidating, isn't it?" She asked him with a hand resting underneath her chin.

Razor eyed the torn necklace with curiosity. "...Not scary," He said. "...Just a bit big."

(Y/n) stared down at it, a frown forming on her face.

The wolf boy took notice of this. And so he asked, "Why upset?"

She glanced over at him. "I don't have anything to mend it with. Maybe I can find some kind of sturdy string or material to hold it by in town."

At this, Razor perked up. "...Town?" He asked. "Mondstadt?"

(Y/n) flashed a smile alongside a soft sigh. "I have to go into town anyways," She explained. "I said I'd repay Diluc for what Venti did the other day."