ᴀʟᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ

FIFTY TWO

(Y/N) STARED AT the grand tree of Windrise. Taking in a deep breath, she relaxed. Memories of the past hour resurfaced as flashing pictures in her head. They were of the sea, of the dandelions that stretched for vast miles. They were like a distant memory, but oh so close.

"Where are you going?" She asked Venti, who's footsteps seemingly faded the further away he was from her. "Springvale's other way."

At his guilty silence, (Y/n)'s eyes snapped open. She spun her head around, glancing right over her shoulder.

In that instance, their gaze immediately met.

Venti's eyes went innocently round. "Did I forget to mention the second detour?" He smiled cheekily.

(Y/n) eyes focused past his figure and towards the city. "You mean in Mondstadt?" She raised a brow. "Didn't we just come from there?"

The bard retained an innocent look. "When has that ever stopped anyone?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Come on! It won't take long."

She gave him a look. One that doubted Venti but put what remained of her faith into the trust she had for him.

So this was where he wanted to go.

(Y/n) stared back at the bright lights above her head. Sheltered in spherical glass, they were strung up about the tavern ceiling. And just below the precious spectacle, all her friends were gathered around.

"What's the meaning of this?" She asked.

All eyes were on her. But it was Venti who jumped into view.

"Surprise!" He smiled widely. "This was all the traveler's idea!"

"Actually," Eula's figure then obscured the bard. "It was my idea."

(Y/n) met her gaze. "You planned all this?" She asked for clarification.

The Spindrift Knight remained composed. "I did," She confirmed.

"What, why?" (Y/n) asked.

Eula glanced around. It was obvious by the look on her face she didn't want to say anything out loud.

"I thought you could use it," She whispered. But before (Y/n) could say anything else, an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"So you're (Y/n)."

From behind the knight stepped out a brunette.

"Ah!" Eula immediately brightened up. " (Y/n), this is Amber. Amber, this is (Y/n)."

With a pleasant smile on her face, Amber outstretched her hand for a shake. "Hey! I've heard so much about you from Eula," She said. "It makes me glad to see her spending time with a new friend."

(Y/n) took her hand. "I'm glad you're glad," She said. After all, what was there to say between two strangers with one person in common? Sure Eula had mentioned her name a few times, but in person it feels a lot different.