ꜰᴀʙᴜʟᴀᴇ ᴛᴇxᴛɪʟᴇ

NINE

LIYUE WAS ALWAYS a bustling place. No matter where you turned, there was always something going on at every corner. (Y/n) narrowly avoided bumping into people who rushed past, their arms carrying an assortment of items that ranged in vibrant colors

To escape the chaos, (Y/n) moved from the higher levels of the city down to the harbor. She walked with her head turned back, as if bidding the endless stone stairs adu. That was when a great shadow cloaked her, shielding her from the sun in the areas is could not pass through. (Y/n) glanced upward, her eyes reflecting her surroundings.

Parasols hung upside down through a walkway. They and the empty gaps of the arch filtered the warm light. She could feel it on her skin, where the shadows moved over her like a veil as her figure passed through.

(Y/n) lifted a hand. Not to touch the beautiful arrangements, but out of awe of the sight before her.

Suddenly, another hand met hers, pulling her into a twirl that forced the ends of her dress to flutter outwardly. Her figure stood a distance away from the unknown person, her arm held in the air as their fingertips were kept joint. Her eyes immediately traveled from their hands and settled over their face, slightly widening when she realized who it was.

"Xingqiu," Relief washed over her face along with an accompanying smile.

The young man returned the gesture. "I couldn't help myself," His hand returned to his side, arms crossed over the other. "You like what you see so far?"

(Y/n)'s attention darted around her, eyeing every little thing that captured her attention. "I can tell everyone's working very hard," She then glanced back up at the parasols. "But if this is just a small part of it, I can't wait to see how the rest unfolds."

Xingqiu could tell in the way her eyes brightened up at the littlest things she was new. But even so, he felt compelled to question. "If I may ask," He began. "Would this be your first time?"

(Y/n) nodded her head.

"In a few days time, you'll be exposed to an array of glittering spectacles," He described. "It'll be a sight to never forget."

A glint beckoned her to glance down at his waist.

There was an amber tassel hanging by a thread, its stone resembling the color of his eyes.

Xingqiu noticed and glanced down, a realization dawning over him. "It was a gift from Chongyun," He explained with a smile. "We got one for each other a long time ago as a token of our friendship."

"Who knows," He raised a hand towards her, intertwining his fingertips with a few locks of hair. "Maybe if Chongyun likes you enough, you'll get one too."

"As in... we'd be friends?" She asked.

A mischievous grin formed over his face. "Yep!" He pulled down on the lock of hair.

(Y/n) immediately reached over to the spot with a hand, massaging it gently. "...Chongyun was right. You are mean!" She cried out.

But all Xingqiu could do was snicker at her reaction.

NINE

𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞 | Genshin Impactजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें