ꜰʀᴇᴛ ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ꜱᴏɴɢ ʙɪʀᴅ

SIXTY ONE

THERE WAS A cry that could be heard for miles and miles. It was always at the same hour, always the same sound. A whimsical shriek echoing from up above the tall mountains looming over the harbor. (Y/n) never knew why she hadn't noticed before. With all the sounds around her, it was probably just another in tune drowned out with the rest of her surroundings.

But there it went again.

(Y/n) glanced up from the chair she sat in. She had been folding her clothes, neatly piling them at the table. The dress she held lost its tidiness upon crumpling up beneath her hands who now rested on her lap. Her (e/c) eyes looked out beyond the window of her home as if she could find the source of the sound so easily.

Absentmindedly smiling at the thought, she continued on.

A light breeze then found it's way into the room. It moved about like a spector, collecting the strength to physically manifest it's true form. And right across from her, on another chair, a twin-braided boy appeared with the widest grin plastered on his face.

"I can't tell you how much I've missed this," His voice was gentle, serene like the lyre he loved so dearly, "How's the harbor been treating you? I bet it's nothing like the home we made in Mondstadt." He laughed.

Throughout the entire time, (Y/n) had not lifted her head once. She continued folding her clothes. But this nonchalant charade could not last forever. As much as she wanted to keep herself calm and composed, a tear managed to slip past her commands.

Noticing the droplet fall over her cheek, the boy vanished into wind and reformed right beside her.

He clicked his tongue. "(Y/n)!" He wanted to see her smile, "There's no need to cry! I'm right here. I've always been right here."

The boy placed a hand on her other shoulder. "I never knew the right time to show myself..." He began, "But I've been here. Looking over you."

He knelt down on one knee to get a better look at her. His eyes searched past the strands of hair that partially obscured her face. "Every breeze you've felt rushing past you, when the grass was dancing, or the trees were swaying around you, that was me."

(Y/n) finally glanced up at him. She'd nearly forgotten how whimsically blue his eyes were. "Took you long enough," She smiled through the tears, "I was starting to wonder if I'd ever see you again."

"Well, wonder no more," He laughed a bit, "I'm right here."

Tossing the dress she was holding back into the pile, (Y/n) faced him. Sunlight streamed in through the windows, casting a warm glow across the wooden floors. The light breeze had subsided, but the boy's presence brought a new sense of energy to the space.

Still knelt, (Y/n) couldn't help but take in his appearance. His twin braids were slightly tousled, and his clothes were rumpled by his travel. But his smile was infectious, and it put her at ease.

She reached out to touch his cheek, her fingers tracing the outline of his jaw. "It's really you," (Y/n) whispered, her voice barely above a breath.

The boy leaned into her touch, closing his eyes momentarily. "Still in disbelief?" He asked, his voice soft and reassuring. "Then... I promise I won't wait so long next time. Sorry, (Y/n)."

𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞 | Genshin Impactजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें