ꜱᴏᴄɪᴀʟ ᴄᴜᴇꜱ

THIRTY  SIX

A FEW KNIGHTS began to wonder why the Captain of the Reconnaissance Company frequented the headquarters more often than usual. It should've been obvious by the faces they made upon crossing shadows with her, but Eula Lawrence could care less. 

In a world that hated her, she was used to it. But it would not deter her from walking through their faces to get to the people who waited for her on the other side.

"I remember seeing Diluc outside when I escorted you," Eula recounted. "What was that about?"

(Y/n) leaned back against her chair. "I suppose he was out for a breath of fresh air. And when I approached him he was more or less confused but, that was to be expected," She recalled. 

The two were on each opposite side of the large desk in the archive, spending their break gossiping about the previous night.

Eula's brows knitted into a frown. "I admit, it's a bit strange Kaeya of all people would want to set the two of you up..." She said. "Goodness knows what's on that mind of his."

The young woman thought about telling her the truth, but by then, the conversation had changed course.

"Anywho, how was it?" She seemed rather excited to talk. "Did Diluc keep you in a corner with him isolated from everyone else like we predicted?"

(Y/n) felt her lips tug at the ends alongside a light blush forming on her cheeks. "Funny you'd think that," She moved a few strands of hair behind her ear. "We actually danced together a majority of the night."

Eula stared at her with wide eyes. "Diluc doesn't like to dance. How'd you get him to do that?"

(Y/n) leaned the side of her head in the palm of her hand. "I don't think there's many differences between the aristocracy in Mondstadt and in Fontaine. Having told him, I guess he just entertained the idea," She smiled.

A distant bell then rung through the city.

"Evening already?" Eula was astonished time had passed by rather quickly without warning. "I can't believe this."

The Spindrift Knight stood from her seat. "Duty calls," She said. "Tomorrow same time as usual?"

(Y/n) nodded her head. "Take care!" She yelled softly after Eula. And then, she was left to her own accord.

But it was only about twenty minutes into a quiet solitude before footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs.

"Knock, knock!" Paimon's voice rang throughout the archive. "It's us! Aether and Paimon!"

(Y/n)'s eyes flickered from the papers on her desk towards the corner. And then, her face lit up.

"Hey, you two," She greeted them as their figures came into view. "It's been a while."

Aether gave her a slight wave. "It has been," He said.

"What brings you into the dusty, old archive today?" (Y/n) asked.

Paimon then hovered over her head. "Well, we'll be heading over to Liyue for a few days," She explained. "So, we wanted to ask you if there's anything you wanted us to take or bring back?"