ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ

FORTY THREE

IN HER HANDS rested a blank journal, one (Y/n) had begun to use to document her experiences so far. From the second she set foot outside Fontaine to the hour she stepped into her life in Mondstadt, it was all there. She was so sure Henri would like something like that, and so she opted to use it consistently.

The evenings always went by fast. Once the light trickled in from the crimson gold skies, (Y/n) knew it'd be just an hour before she could head off.

There was a knock on the nearby shelf that hooked her attention. And upon glancing up did she meet gaze with the Cavalry Captain.

Kaeya leaned against the wooden surface. "Hey, princess," He greeted her. "Got a moment?"

Without moving an inch, (Y/n) spoke up. "You don't visit me unless you're looking for someone to bother," She slowly glanced up at him. "Either that or when something's of concern."

The man chuckled. "Right you are..."

Kaeya then sat leisurely on the chair across from her. He glanced to the side, his eyes wandering across the shelves before landing back on her figure. "I was on my way here when I was stopped by a young lad. Said he was looking for you," He explained as he ran a hand across his neck. "You wouldn't happen to be expecting anyone, would you?"

"...Depends," She said. "What does he look like?"

He straightened himself up as he recounted the event. "Well, he has the clearest ice-blue eyes I've ever seen," Kaeya described. "With powder-blue undertones to his hair and the palest face."

(Y/n) had an image of who it could be, but she couldn't believe he'd actually come all this way. "You might have to be a bit more descriptive than that..." She said.

Kaeya crossed his arms over the other. "Alright, alright. I'll tell you more," He said. "The lad has bandages over his arms and ankles. White hood, white pants. A dark navy undershirt. Does any of this ring a bell?"

"Chongyun..." Was all that had left (Y/n)'s lips.

Kaeya's visible eye kept its gaze fixed to her. "...Chongyun?" He repeated after her. "...So then, you do know who this is after all?"

The pen (Y/n) had been holding onto this entire time rolled out of her fingertips. It glinted in the light as it traveled over the page, stopping before it could reach the edge of the wooden desk.

"Where was he?" She asked. There was a sense of urgency written all over her face and tone.

The Cavalry Captain gestured behind him with a hand. "Last I saw he was wandering just outside the headquarters," He said.

(Y/n) then stood and walked around the desk. "...Why didn't you bring him with you?" She asked.

Kaeya followed her figure as she walked past him. "Well, I wouldn't want to bring someone who could cause you harm." He explained. His body was now facing the arm of the chair. "Had I known I wouldn't doubt his intentions. Honest!" But by then, (Y/n) had disappeared around the corner.

The man relaxed when he realized his efforts were in vain, letting himself cave into the shape of the chair. He then rested his head against the back of his hand, blowing a few strands if hair from his face.

𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞 | Genshin Impactजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें