ᴏꜰ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ꜱᴡᴇʟʟ

THIRTY TWO

ANGEL'S SHARE WAS as crowded as ever. Glass clinked against one another. The sound of the bottoms hitting tabletops along with laughter erupted from amidst background conversation. The ambiance was only amplified by the warm lights that filled the ceiling, cascading back down onto the tables and wooden floor.

Eula and (Y/n) sat at the front bar of the tavern, and right across from them as always was Diluc Ragnvindr with his attention divided towards the ongoing conversations around him and the (h/c) haired woman beside him.

"Achoo!"

"Bless you, Eula." (Y/n) suppressed a smile as the knight composed herself.

"Someone must be speaking of my name in disdain," She huffed.

(Y/n) tilted her head. "Now why would you say that?"

Eula's fingertips tightened around the glass. "Listen. We're not so different, you and I," She gave a weak smile. "We're both outsiders in Mondstadt. Difference is, Mondstadt welcomes you with open arms, but they treat me with hostility and suspicion..."

"...Why?" (Y/n) asked with wide eyes. She almost couldn't believe she was hearing such a thing.

Eula stared down at her drink. "Perhaps it's best I tell you now than later," She said.

So the knight continued. "Didn't you think it was strange? When earlier we stepped into the tavern that the men previously sitting in the empty stools beside us moved away when we took a seat?" Eula asked.

(Y/n) kept a steady gaze.

"Lawrence," She shut her eyes close. "The evil aristocrats of historical infamy."

Eula then glanced over at (Y/n). "And... my clan."

"But oh, we're very much still evil," She seemed irritated. "Just look at me. I'm infiltrating the inner ranks of the knights, all as part of a diabolical plan to exact our revenge and reclaim our former glory." You could tell by her tone she was joking. But had it been anyone else, they might've stupidly taken it seriously.

(Y/n) gave her a half-hearted smile. "If you're evil, then I must be a few steps behind you," She teased. "That's okay. We can plan in secrecy together what we'll do with the spoils afterward."

Eula's expression softened.

Thinking of Amber, she was such a good friend. But the two stood on opposite sides of a bridge the brunette could never cross.

So why is it that (Y/n) stands on the same side when the Spindrift Knight looks to her side? When the two have just met yet the woman feels right at place with Eula herself.

"(Y/n)..." Eula parted her lips to speak, ready to ask her something that lingered on her mind, but not before another could step into their conversation uninvited.

"(Y/n)!" Kaeya's figure loomed over the two women. "Just the person I wanted to see. Might I steal you for a second?" He asked. "There's something I'd like to discuss with you."

"Sure," She responded. (Y/n) then glanced over at Eula. "I'm sorry, just give me a few seconds."

The Spindrift Knight followed their figures with a piercing gaze as they treaded across the tavern, the corner where empty seats sat untouched.