ɢᴏᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

TWENTY THREE

THE BARD KEPT his eyes slightly open, his lashes obscuring those teal pools of his. He was surprisingly lighter than (Y/n) expected, though the constant tripping over his feet became a struggle.

"...Sorry about that," The words slurred through his teeth. "...I didn't *hiccup* mean to."

(Y/n) glanced over at him. "I know," She said. "But, you should probably apologize to Diluc. Not me."

Venti groaned, a tight-lipped frown forming on his face. That redhead was the last thing he wanted to think of at the moment.

He didn't know how, but his shoes tripped over the other. He nearly stumbled over, had it not been for the young woman at his side.

"We're almost there," She told him as she helped him regain his balance. "Just a little more."

Venti hummed absentmindedly, nodding off as a response. "Mhm...mhm," Was all that escaped his lips.

Out of the blue, he said, "Hey. You wanna be my disciple?"

(Y/n) stared straight ahead with a confused look on her face. "...Just what did you drink for you to ask me that?" Her voice was low.

Venti shook off her arm from his shoulders, much to her dismay. He took a few steps back, straightening himself out. "We can do it right now," He had this warm smile on his face. "All you'd have to do is make me a small offering."

The woman didn't know what to say. He was acting very strange, though she suspected it to be whatever it was he ingested.

"Venti, come on," She reached out for him. "It'll get cold soon if we stay out too long."

But his hand met hers, and he pulled her in.

"See, the thing is." His hat slightly tilted forward. "Im actually Barbatos."

(Y/n) raised a hand, pushing it back to its proper place. Her gaze then flickered back to his face. "I don't think the god would entangle himself into trouble like you," She said.

But before the woman could say anything else to convince him to return to her side, a grand display of feathers abruptly emerged from the bard's back.

Those wings of his were nearly as tall as his body, arcing off his back like a concave reflection. The smaller feathers blended intricately with the larger ones as they rounded the delicate, narrowing curve toward the bottom tip.

(Y/n) felt the wind rush through her face, rippling through her clothes as he slammed his wings upward. She took a peek at their height, realizing she could see the tops of the trees down below.

She then glanced back towards Venti's face, noticing the somber glow that doused the ends of his braids. His eyes slowly revealed themselves, and they too illuminated the space between them. They were finer than a glimmering jade, prettier than any light she'd seen till then.

Those wings of his stayed outstretched, stroking upward and then downward every once in a while. It was like they were hovering mid-air, and if he were to let her go, she'd surely fall a great distance.