ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ

FIFTY THREE
NORMAL

THE GALES OF Mondstadt were restless. They were different from other winds in the other worlds Aether had traveled to. There was something to it not entirely seen with the eyes. He supposed the influence of its source had something to do with it. That source being a certain tone deaf bard.

"I thought the point was to convince her to stay," Paimon said. "Isn't it safer in Mondstadt anyways?"

Aether gently twirled a red leaf he had been carrying this entire time between his fingertips. "Sometimes, it's nice to be reminded you're not alone," He said. "That was the real point."

The white-haired girl hummed absentmindedly. "Yeah..." She dragged the word. "Paimon supposes you're right. Paimon knows she'd like to be told she is cared about!"

"In that case, I care about you," He flashed her a smile. But before the then sentimental Paimon could respond, the blond continued. "After all, I can't let a bad mood sour my emergency rations. Then you wouldn't be as tasty!"

Paimon immediately huffed angrily. "Oh, you!" She threw her arms downward with balled up fists. "Hurry up! (Y/n)'s probably waiting for us already," She scolded him.

Aether laughed as his flying companion went ahead of him.

The grip he had in his hand loosened, and the wind took the leaf with ease from between his fingertips.

He watched as it flew upwards above, bidding it farewell before picking up his pace behind his flying companion.

Water rushed below the young samurai's feet. He stood above a pier in the harbor, the one belonging to the city of contracts.

His crimson red eyes glossed over the Alcor, taking in its very shape that has been worn from its long time at sea.

It'd been weeks since he'd seen it from this angle. It was certainly a sight to behold.

"Hey, Kazuha! You sure you don't want to join us for a few more days?" A woman's voice spoke from behind. "There's always room for you aboard."

The young man slowly turned to look over his shoulder. And with a subtle smile, his lips parted to speak. "The wind guides me elsewhere this evening," He paused, looking back towards the view. "And I will follow it. Wherever that may be."

His captain knew not to ask him where he'd head, for his spirit followed the lead of the wind. And so she merely bid him farewell for the time being.

The samurai's heels strode across the wooden floorboard of the harbor. His pace was slow as he cast his gaze towards the crowded boats, eyeing everything from the people to the glittering sea and sights.

The wind rushed through his face, past his cheeks, and just below his jaw. It filled his nose with a fresh scent. It was salty, but not to the point where it was too overwhelming. He was above the sea after all.

Kazuha held onto his scarf with a hand, feeling his grip tighten as he passed the folk.

It wasn't long before a scarlet leaf caught his attention. His eyes followed it, and he instantly made a connection.

He was completely drawn to it.

The breeze knocked it back his way, and it slowly glided over his head. Kazuha managed to catch it in its fall before it could land on his head. He held it tenderly in his hand, glossing over the pretty colors that made up its rich hues.

Kazuha could hear the voices of all things in nature. And the fate that brings people together, it is not a cord so easily cut.

The young samurai lifted his hand above his head, never once breaking his gaze away from the leaf. "So..." He whispered to himself. "The wind tells me soon."

His fingertips slowly loosened, and he watched as the breeze pulled the single leaf away from his figure.

Kazuha's eyes followed it, right up until it disappeared into the vague distance.

Satisfied, he then continued on his way.

A vagrant of Inazuma.

Yes, that's who he was.

Though it wasn't far off from the truth, it was an excuse he grew weary of telling over and over again. But albeit his lies being as solid as if he were telling truths, he could never tell a different story.

This one was too close to let go of.

The vagrant wandered through empty, dry hills. It was hot, but the hat above his head shielded him from the heat. His fair face was no stranger to passerby's who'd steal second glimpses in awe. He was used to it by now. It was only natural, he was a transcendent being after all. Divinely created, he was destined for greater things. But it was all in vain, for he was cast aside like worthless dross.

Recalling these things only slowed his pace. He was taking his time. One might even say he was bitterly enjoying the reminiscent evening, right up until he sensed someone from right behind.

"Speak." Was all the vagrant said. He had stopped in his tracks. He didn't even bother turning to acknowledge the kneeling man behind him.

"We're waiting for your command, my Lord," He spoke. "All else has been dealt with. We are on standby."

Their surroundings came to a dead still.

A single, crimson red leaf then fell into view. The vagrant's eyes followed it as it lingered before him. He then raised his hand towards it, catching it right in the palm of his hand.

He took it in between his fingertips. Eyeing it at different angles, he followed the lines along the surface. "When I decide to move my pawns, I'll make the call," He who preferred to be addressed as a Lord said rather coldly.

Then, a crackling wave of electricity emerged from his hand. Shocks of energy burned the leaf, turning it to a dark shade of crisp.

Holding it delicately, the vagrant slowly turned to face the man. "Next time you speak out of turn, I'll personally see to it that it never happens again," He crushed the leaf with his entire hand.

Its ashes slipped through the cracks of his hand when he loosened fingertips. And in his eyes, there was a glint that sent a chill through the man still kneeling before him.

FIFTY THREE