ᴀɴɢᴇʟ'ꜱ ꜱʜᴀʀᴇ

TWENTY

THE LONG DISTANCE for her to travel from her home to the Mondstadt library left her quite exhausted. So when she heard of a popular tavern called Angel's Share, she couldn't help herself and stop by.

Etched in the walls and wooden frames were the smell of aged wines, reminiscing the echoes of laughter and glass clinking against the tables.

She looked around the place, hand gently closing the door behind her. To her right was a table, and directly above it across the wall were posters and ornaments. Her attention fell to her left, her gaze casted over the few men who drank at the tables. It was a bit overwhelming, to say the least.

(Y/n) took a deep breath in as she looked ahead of her, a few empty seats in the bar in front of her. She shook off the nerves, swiftly making her way towards the seat farthest from anyone else.

As soon as she sat down, brushing away a few strands of hair behind her ear, a young man of vibrant red hair stood before her.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked.

(Y/n) panicked.  "...I think I'll just take a water today," She felt a bit awkward.

The young man's apathetic expression cracked a bit when he raised a brow, but nonetheless gave her what she wanted.

(Y/n) took the glass and made her way through the bustling atmosphere. She passed a bard who paid her no mind, climbing the few stone steps underneath the wooden archway. There were men all around, arms thrown over their shoulders and spewing out nonsense followed by laughter. She spotted a staircase, seemingly leading upstairs. Taking the chance, she ascended the steps, becoming at ease when she realized the second floor was quite literally empty.

There was a table that overlooked the first floor, a perfect view of the flickering lights that decorated the hanging chandelier.

She took a seat, the one where she could easily spot the redhead performing his work. Lifting the cold glass to her lips, she took a sip, setting it back down gently and letting out a satisfied sigh.

So far, nothing seemed out of the ordinary, which was more than good news to her. Though, she wasn't sure what to make of what became of the bond she shared with her newfound friendships in Liyue.

"My, my, what do we have here?" A voice spoke from behind.

The young woman looked over her shoulder, her (e/c) eyes focused towards the figure cloaked by the overwhelming shadows where clarity did not reach.

He inched closer to her, the natural light that cascaded over him like a spotlight revealing his tall stature. The locks of his navy blue hair were pulled back, thrown over a shoulder with loose strands.

"Apologies," The sly smile on his face was revering. "I truly hope you don't find my sudden presence quite alarming."

He now stood alongside her. "Would you mind if I joined you for a while?" The man asked rather politely.

"Not at all," She motioned with a hand for him to sit across from her. "Be my guest."

The man sat down, his chin against the palm of his hand while his arm rested against the wooden surface with a drink in his free hand. "Tell me," He began. "What's a young lady like you sitting all alone on the second floor of the tavern?"

(Y/n) kept her eyes to his face. "I suppose there isn't anything wrong wanting some space from the hot atmosphere down there?" She nodded towards the downstairs.