ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴠᴇɴᴛɪ

FIFTY THREE
VENTI

THE GALES OF Mondstadt were restless. Even Venti couldn't seem to calm their temper albeit being the essence of it's very nature. He stared out the window of his room, eyeing the reflection of himself in the glass pane. It was the face he could never forget, the one he didn't really want to either.

This type of reminiscing, it made him blue.

The bard pushed himself away from the glass, turning his body around to face the walls. His door was cracked ajar, and he could hear (Y/n) now awoken and stepping into the hall. Her footsteps were soft and short, he could hear them as they stopped in front of his room.

He tilted his head to the side with a warm smile as he spotted her hand crawling over the door. She gently pushed it open, her head popping into the empty space.

"Morning, Venti," She greeted him. Her (e/c) eyes were vibrant in what light trickled from the outside.

He cracked a smile. "Morning, (Y/n)," His eyes curved joyfully.

Lately, he noticed she seemed rather down. Regardless if she wore that beautiful smile of hers, it was noticeable in the way the paused in the moments, with her eyes staring off to the side as though she were pondering something that weighed heavily over her mind.

"I'm making breakfast," (Y/n) explained. "Are you staying for some?"

The bard brightened up for her. "Sure! You always make the best stuff anyways," He complimented.

(Y/n) nodded her head. And then, she turned towards the hall.

But before she could completely leave, Venti called out to her.

"Wait, (Y/n)!"

Popping her head back into view, her (e/c) eyes met his. "Yes?" She waited for him to continue.

Then his gaze darted elsewhere. "There's something I wanted to ask you about..." He explained. "I hope you don't mind..."

(Y/n) then turned back to face him, her shoulder pressed against the doorframe. "...Go on," She encouraged him.

Venti's eyes shied away. "...I noticed you were a bit tense at the party yesterday," He explained. "But little by little, you seemed to relax and loosen up."

His gaze then met hers. "I want you to know I'm here if you ever need someone to listen," He continued. "I'll be that someone, for you."

But her expression told him everything.

All (Y/n) could do was stare at him. It seemed as if she didn't want to say, she wanted to repress it and keep it to herself. But then she also wanted to tell him, she needed to let it out.

Venti slightly lowered his head. He noticed how worried her expression has turned all at once.

"...Are you okay?" He asked.

Those words lifted the veil she was so terrified of. And somehow, he found a way to hold her tenderly without touch.

Her (e/c) eyes darted around before settling down at her feet. "I'm scared..." She whispered, her lips slightly quivering.