ᴡɪɴᴅʙᴏʀɴᴇ

TWENTY SEVEN

THERE WAS A stark difference in the room she slept in the night before compared to the one she awoke in. For one, it was as clean as it could be. With hand me down furniture hugging the walls, and things she had acquired overtime placed organized where fit. But now these same things lay strewn about, a few tossed onto her bed. The drawers of her dresser were opened, clothes disrupted from the previously neat fold.

(Y/n) rummaged around, looking for the necklace she had found with Razor. The young woman could've sworn she left it securely resting along with her other things, but this morning proved her wrong.

"...Where is it? Where is it?" She mumbled to herself.

An hour earlier she had coincidentally loomed over the top drawer, noticing the crack that jarred it. The only person who frequented the house other than herself was...

"Venti!" His name echoed in the empty halls.

The bard perked up when he heard (Y/n)'s voice. He'd never known she could be so loud.

He sat upon a wooden beam attached to the cottage ceiling, his gaze cascading down below as he watched the woman rush into the room.

Venti held a hand against his mouth to project his voice. "You looking for me?" He called from above.

(Y/n) wasted no time snapping her attention upward. Her eyes slightly widened. "Venti, get down from there," She sounded rather concerned.

"I'll be fine!" He shook it off. "Though, I couldn't help but wonder why my name loudly escaped your lips earlier."

"There was a necklace in the top drawer of my bedroom," She began. "It's gone now. And the only person who goes snooping around is you."

Venti stared blankly at her. Seemingly pulling an object from nowhere, he spoke. "You mean this necklace?" He held it up for her to see.

"So it was you?" She asked, though she sounded rather relieved.

Venti raised it closer towards his face. "...It looks familiar," He stared at it with a curious wonder.

"Come down from there," (Y/n) stood below him. "I can't believe you sometimes." She continued to ramble on.

All the while the woman scolded him, the bard eyed the necklace delicately. He hummed to himself, not paying any attention to (Y/n) when she tried to jump and catch the end of his cape with the ends of her fingertips.

"Venti, you'll get hurt," She tried telling him. But her warnings didn't seem to matter anymore as his figure turned to fragments of wind. It rushed by her, reforming into his body onto a stool nearby.

Venti was hunched over, his eyes meticulously studying the object as if he were entranced by it.

He could hear a somber tune as the necklace gently swung in his fingertips. And then, an instant envision of white flowers filled his sight sprouting in the core of his head. He felt a surge of cold rise from his feet, listening as the clear sounds of water reached his ears.

And when the flowers fell from view, he found himself staring at a figure who peered down at him. Their faces were so close, he could see every pattern of his golden-flecked eyes.