ᴄᴀʀᴍᴇɴ ᴅᴇɪ

SEVENTEEN

TIME SEEMED TO slow down as an arm laced around hers, catching the girl in her steps. (Y/n) turned her head to meet his face, he whose eyes gleamed back at her with a wondrous gaze. His hair fell framed, with short twin braids at each end, and a beret-like hat adorned by a flower of Mondstadt.

"That was close!" He flashed her a gentle smile. "Wouldn't you agree?"

She straightened herself out, hand still intertwined with his. "If it wasn't for you, I'm sure I would've been humiliated in front of all these people. So for that, thank you."

The bard slightly bowed his head. "Well then, let's not delay formalities," He held his chin up high. "I'm Venti the bard. The best in the business if I do day so myself."

"(Y/n)," The girl introduced herself.

The music that emanated from the other musicians came to a close, the sound of applause filling the illuminated atmosphere. From amidst the crowd she could easily make out the blond and his companion, the two making their way towards them.

Aether glanced between the two, a luck luster smile spreading across his lips. "So I see you've met," He said with a cheery tone.

"You know him?" (Y/n) motioned towards the bard.

"Know him?!" Paimon's brows knitted into a frown. "This tone-deaf bard is always a thorn on our side!"

Venti stared wide eyed at her, a laugh escaping his throat. "Now, now. I wouldn't go as far to say I'm the thorn."

While the two bickered, Aether turned his attention towards the (h/c) haired girl. His eyes seemed to look her up and down, as if looking for a sign of sorts.

"Did you enjoy yourself, (Y/n)?" He finally asked her.

She glanced over at him. "I guess I did," An earnest smile made its way to her face.

Aether nodded his head, a satisfied expression on his face.

It seemed as if there was something else he wanted to say, but the loud groan that came from Paimon's throat beckoned them to turn their attention towards her.

"Piamon can't with you sometimes!" Her lips were tightly pressed against each other. She then hovered over the blond's shoulder, "Can we go get something to eat now? Paimon's had enough of this bard!"

The said bard merely gave a half shoulder shrug.

"Alright, Paimon!" Aether's eyes curved alongside his smile. He then looked over at (Y/n), asking, "You coming?"

But she shook her head. "I'm fine," She explained. "Don't worry about me."

With a nod of acknowledgment, Paimon then dragged the blond off. (Y/n) watched as they maneuvered through the crowds, not noticing when the bard had taken his place.

"Well then, (Y/n)" He began. "I hadn't the chance to say earlier but; your name, it's very unique."

The (h/c) haired girl couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"That reminds me," She spoke up. "When I was younger, I'd look through books to try and find someone with a name like mine. Though, in the end, I never could."