ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴀʟʙᴇᴅᴏ

FIFTY THREE
ALBEDO

THE GALES OF Mondstadt were restless. The alchemist couldn't help but wonder why. There was a stillness to the air not too long ago, and everything was calm. Perhaps something was amiss, and he was yet to see for himself.

For the time being, he had thrown himself into finishing a few experiments he hadn't had the chance to inside his study.

His assistant, Sucrose, came in through the door with a stack of books. The two were finishing up a few documentation, all necessary to preserve results from their previous experiments.

"Here they are Mr. Albedo," She said, her shoes echoing across the quiet room. "All five volumes."

"Thank you, Sucrose," He said without looking away. "You can place them nearby."

Sucrose gently let the stack slide from her hands onto the desk. "(Y-Y/n) and I had lunch together earlier," She took a book, flipping it open to the right page. "We talked and talked. There's just something refreshing about her I like."

Albedo kept his focus on his work. "...I suppose so," He responded absentmindedly. "Spending time with her is like a break in itself."

Sucrose pushed her glasses back with a fingertip. "It's... a bit noticeable," She admitted with a shy smile.

This caught his attention. Lifting his gaze from his work, Albedo raised a brow. "...What is?" He asked.

"I-I've noticed your mood greatly improves when she comes around," She explained. "And well... if you like her that much, you should tell her."

As his assistant squeezed through the door on her way out, Albedo averted his gaze.

He never intended to tell (Y/n) a thing. Why would he? He enjoys everything the way it was right now.

His feelings were safe. They were concealed in the pauses he'd take when catching glimpse of her. It was in the atmosphere, where silence was present but words weren't necessary when one look at each other from across the room formed a smile on both their faces.

Yes, he liked the way things were. He didn't find a need to change that.

The sun drew lines on his skin from the nearby window. It was soft, warm, everything that made the word touch sound so tender and delicate. It reminded him of his heart, how at every glimpse of her, it'd rush with warmth and skip a beat.

And then, he wondered if she ever felt the same about him.

The alchemist soon found himself with enough spare time to organize his workspace. He started with the shelves, rearranging the books he misplaced when he didn't have enough time to put them where they originally belonged.

His desk was always last. It was the vital part of his work. Therefore, all imperative things were stored there.

When he hovered over it, that was when he noticed a single sheet of paper out of place inside an old journal. Albedo fit its corner between his fingertips. And as soon as he slowly unveiled it, he realized it was a sketch.

His brows wrinkled in confusion.

Unfinished works were either placed somewhere safe, or they thrown away based on how unsatisfied he was with it.