My Brightest Star || Park Jon...

By jaynami

- In which Avery moves into a new neighborhood and meets Jay, a man with many secrets. He lights up her world... More

Introduction
1 💫
2 💫
3 💫
4 💫
5 💫
6 💫
7 💫
8 💫
9 💫
10 💫
11 💫
12 💫
<3
13 💫
14 💫
15 💫
16 💫
17 💫
18 💫
19 💫
20 💫
21 💫
22 💫
23 💫
24 💫
25 💫
26 💫
27 💫
28 💫
29 💫
30 💫
31 💫
32 💫
33 💫
34 💫
35 💫
36 💫
37 💫
38 💫
39 💫
40 💫
41 💫
42 💫
43 💫
43.5 💫
44 💫
45 💫
46 💫
author's note ^^

42.5 💫

1.3K 83 87
By jaynami

Warning: this chapter includes the mention of blood

- before the surprise -
3rd person POV

Charlotte didn't want to dance because the only person she wanted to dance with was dancing with someone else.

She stared at Avery and Jay who was happily dancing barefoot. To others, it might have looked cute, but to her, it made her envious.

She bit her lip irritatingly and looked away. instead, her eyes landed on the other couple of the room; Niki and Mia.

They left the venue and made their way out to the beachside. Charlotte saw this occurrence and decided to sneakily follow their trials to see what the two love birds are up to.

As she did she saw the lovebirds preparing something on the beachside which looked rather romantic. There were petals here and there, some fairy lights, and other flattering decorations.

Now charlotte knew that Ni-ki and Mia are official, so whatever was this for? It only meant one thing and the thought made her insides burn with annoyance.

"I need to do something to stop this," she thought to herself as she bit her nails nervously.

She looked around the place trying to think of something. While she was doing so she noticed how Avery and Jay left the room.

I need to think of something fast, she thought to herself.

-

Jay and Avery were walking side by side with their hands interlocked. They were heading to a location Jay wasn't so sure of but somewhere Avery was definite about. Jay received a text message which made them halt.

charlotte
I need u here asap

Jay looked at it and was conflicted. He didn't want to leave Avery but Charlotte's message seemed urgent.

"Yeah, everything is fine. I just need to check on something real quick. I'll be back" The man excused himself and made his way back to the venue looking for charlotte.

"Have any of you seen Charlotte?" Jay asked around the crowd but none of them knew of her location.

He continued to look for her and fortunately found her seated near the drinks and glasses.

"Hey what's up-" Jay halt when he saw her shoulder filled with blood.

She had blood all over her shoulder and was now on her dress as well.

"Jay I need to be brought to the hospital" Charlotte cried and hissed at the pain

Jay panicked and all he wanted to do at that moment was to heal her wound.

"Don't worry, I got you" the man comforted as he carried Charlotte's bridal style and left for the hospital.

As they made their way out of the venue, they passed by the man with a duck tie.

Sunoo eyed them and saw how alarmed the situation looked but instead of checking in on what was going on, he went to look for Avery.

If Jay is with Charlotte, then who's with Avery? Sunoo thought to himself.

He found himself walking to the beachside and there he saw her.

She was seated patiently and the man noticed how gloomy she looked. His eyes later landed on the decorations surrounding her.

Just by that, he knew of her plans and so he decided not to approach her because there was a possibility that Jay would return

He thought to himself that if the man did return and saw the two together, the surprise would be ruined and Sunoo was no plan-wrecker

Still, he waited.

-

"How is she feeling?" Jay asked the nurse that just left the room Charlotte is currently in.

"She's better. We had to do around 3 stitches since the cut was pretty deep. After a while, she'll be fine and ready to go" the nurse explained.

Jay allowed a sigh of relief to escape him as he took a seat and relaxed a bit

"Thank you nurse" the man thanked her.

"Sir, I have a question for you"

"Yes?" Jay replied

"How again did she get the cut?"

"Well from what I was told, she said that she bumped into a tall table and a glass fell to her which resulted in that"

"Hmm. That's impossible"

Jay raised a brow at the nurse's response

"May I know why?"

"The cut is too deep to be caused by a glass that just fell to her. A wound is possible yes, but not deep enough for one to have stitches" she explained

"What do you mean to say?"

"I'm saying that your friend was either stabbed or she stabbed herself" Jay's eyes widened at her response but it also got him thinking.

Could she have done this herself? No that can't be

"But then again, I'm only a nurse. I'm no investigator. Haha!" The nurse laughed to lightened up the mood when she noticed Jay's tormented expression.

Jay simply gave a small smile in response

"Give her a few minutes and you can head home" the nurse informed before she left leaving Jay in his thoughts.

Jay later took a deep sigh and decided to take out his phone to contact Avery. He didn't want to worry her at his sudden disappearance.

He tried opening his phone but it turned out his phone died. He sighed once again and just decided to wait for Charlotte, hoping Avery was on her way home by now since it was pretty late.

Little did he know, the girl waited for him the whole time hoping he'd return

-

"Are you feeling better?" Jay opened the water bottle and handed it over to the girl

"I am" she smiled sweetly at the man

Jay checked the time and noticed how it's currently 7 pm. He looked over at Charlotte and saw that she seemed better now meaning they could finally leave.

"C'mon let's go. I'll give you a ride home"

"What? A-ahm I'm still feeling a little pain"

"Really? The nurse said you were feeling fine. I can call her again to check on your wound if you want?"

"Oh. There's no need for that, let's just stay here for a bit" Charlotte spoke nervously as she looked at the time.

Avery still might be waiting, she thought to herself.

Jay sighed feeling a little tired now after today's events

"Charlotte it's getting late, there's no time to just slack off in this room."

"I just said I was feeling a little pain"

"Then let's call the nurse"

"No. It's nothing like that, I just want to rest here"

"You can rest once we get home" Jay replied trying to stay calm

"I'll wait in the car," Jay said as he was about to make his way out of the room

"Stop! Don't leave!"

"let's just go home-"

"Don't go back to Avery" the girl cried

Jay halt from his tracks and turned to face the anxious girl

"How did you know I was with Avery?"

Charlotte panicked and cursed at herself mentally at her clumsiness.

"Because you're with her all the time" she mumbled

"But I never said I was going to meet her yet that was what you assumed" Jay spoke

"Oh haha. lucky guess?" she laughed uneasily

Jay then remembered his conversation with the nurse earlier and could no longer shake the thought off after Charlotte's behavior.

"Did you do this to yourself?" Charlotte's eyes widened at that

"N-no. I already told you, I bumped into a table and-"

"Charlotte if there's one thing I hate in this world it's when someone lies to me," The man says sharply

"Did you do this to yourself?" he asked again

"I hate it" she looked away

"Hate what?"

"The sight of you with avery. I hate it so much. I loathe the idea of you being together. It pains me!" the girl cried

Jay facepalm himself and felt the feeling of wrath. The man has been very patient with her but he couldn't handle this one.

"And so you went as far as to hurt yourself? Wake up. It isn't the end of the world if you and I are nothing but friends" Jay says, now getting annoyed

"It is for me! Don't you ever think to yourself how nice it would be if we stay together? You and me in America?" Charlotte takes both his hands hoping for him to feel what she feels.

"Not once. The thought itself disgusts me" he lets go of charlotte's hold on him

Charlotte's eyes twitched at that as her heart ached.

"What does this whole scheme have to do with me and Avery being together in the first place?" the man asked frustratingly

"She was supposed to confess to you"

"What?" Jay felt his heart sink

"I saw the preparation. There were petals and lights and all these cute stuff" she explained

"If I didn't do something quickly then you guys would have been official by now" she looked away

Jay stared into nothingness as he felt the sense of guilt and disappointment at himself

"Is this still part of your whole wing-woman act?" he asked expressionlessly

Charlotte simply gulped as if she was to swallow the guilt she was feeling

"You know for once I thought you were genuine"

Jay swallowed the painful words he wanted to say to her. He wanted to yell and scream but he didn't. He would never do that to a girl.

So instead he blamed himself for what transpired and left the hospital. Going back to where he left Avery.

He drove as fast as he can and once he parked, he hurriedly stepped off the car and ran to the beachside.

He reached where he last saw her and when he walked a few steps more, he saw it.

The petals, the fairy lights. Everything.

Oh no

He pulled at his hair frustratingly when he remembered his phone was off, unable to call the girl he left earlier

"I messed up" he sighed

"I messed up real bad"

Lots of love :)
- ims

to those who thought charlotte had character development ahm.. sorry to keep your hopes high *sweats*

ANYWAY ILY ALL it's late where I live so goodnight! good morning to some and good afternoon to the others! mwa!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 4.2K 43
a bunch of scenarios and reactions for ENHYPEN. this is just for fun. updates will not be consistent but I will try. please leave suggestions! sugg...
37.1K 2K 25
Jake, a rich guy with some family issues, downloads an app called 'Anonymous therapy'. In this app he starts chatting with Hoon. Slowly they get to k...
102K 4.2K 22
-ᴍᴀғɪᴀ ᴀᴜ "𝐈 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐭�...