𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞...

By monotone_skies

discontinued-ɢʀᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏ ᴇꜱᴄᴀᴘᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ, ꜱʜᴇ ꜰʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪʏᴜᴇ ʜᴀʀʙᴏʀ ᴀʟᴏɴɢꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴇqᴜᴇɴᴄᴇ... More

𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞
ʟᴀᴘɪꜱ ᴅᴇɪ
ʜᴇʀᴍɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟ ʟɪꜰᴇ
ᴘᴀᴘɪʟɪᴏ ᴄʜᴀʀᴏɴᴛɪꜱ
ʀᴇᴅ ᴘʟᴜᴍ ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍꜱ
ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀ ɢʀᴀɴᴅɪꜱ
ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ
ɴᴜʙɪꜱ ᴄᴀᴇꜱᴏʀ
ʀᴇꜰᴜʟɢᴇɴᴛ ꜱᴋɪᴇꜱ
ꜰᴀʙᴜʟᴀᴇ ᴛᴇxᴛɪʟᴇ
ᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀɴᴛᴇʀɴꜱ ʙᴜʀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
ʟᴜᴘᴜꜱ ᴍɪɴᴏʀ
ʜᴏᴍᴇꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅ
ᴠɪᴀᴛᴏʀ
ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇʀ'ꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ
ʀᴏᴛᴀ ᴄᴀʟᴀᴍɪᴛᴀꜱ
ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅɪꜱᴘᴏꜱɪᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄᴀʀᴍᴇɴ ᴅᴇɪ
ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ
ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇᴘꜱ ᴄʀᴇᴛᴀᴄᴇᴜꜱ
ᴀɴɢᴇʟ'ꜱ ꜱʜᴀʀᴇ
ᴄᴏᴍʀᴀᴅᴇꜱ
ᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴀɴᴅ ᴡɪɴᴅꜱ
ɢᴏᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ɴᴇᴄᴋʟᴀᴄᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ
ᴄʜɪᴠᴀʟʀɪᴄ ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍ
ᴡɪɴᴅʙᴏʀɴᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪꜱ ᴅᴏᴠᴇ
ʟᴀᴡʀᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴏꜰ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ꜱᴡᴇʟʟ
ʀᴀɪɴʏ ᴅᴀʏꜱ
ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴅᴜʟɪᴛʏ
ᴘᴀᴠᴏ ᴏᴄᴇʟʟᴜꜱ
ꜱᴏᴄɪᴀʟ ᴄᴜᴇꜱ
ɴᴏᴄᴛᴜᴀ
ᴅɪꜱᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
ᴡɪᴛʜᴅʀᴀᴡɴ ʏᴇᴛ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ
ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ
ʙᴀᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋ
ᴅᴇꜱᴘɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ
ʀɪᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ
ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ
ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴀꜰᴀʀ
ᴋɪɴᴅʟɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇ
ɢʟᴀɴᴄᴇꜱ
ꜰᴀᴛᴇ ᴀꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴛᴏʟᴅ
ᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ
ꜱᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀɴᴅᴇʟɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴀʟᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴀʟʙᴇᴅᴏ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴅɪʟᴜᴄ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴋᴀᴇʏᴀ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ʀᴀᴢᴏʀ
ɢᴀʟᴇꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ≫ ᴠᴇɴᴛɪ
ꜰᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ ᴍᴏɴᴅꜱᴛᴀᴅᴛ
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈
ᴏᴅᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ
ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏꜱ
ᴀᴅʀɪꜰᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀʙᴏʀ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛᴀꜱᴛᴇꜱ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ
ꜰʀᴇᴛ ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ꜱᴏɴɢ ʙɪʀᴅ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxᴏʀᴄɪꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ

ᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛꜰᴜʟ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ

13.3K 827 355
By monotone_skies

THIRTY

THE WORK SEEMED never-ending for the alchemist Albedo. With a schedule always filled to the very gaps that'd exist had he not needed them to be occupied.

He currently stood behind the the workbench of his laboratory, the room opposite to the archives where he could focus the entirety of his attention on his experiment rather than who'd walk in randomly—as had happened plenty of times before he requested to relocate elsewhere with solitude.

Sometimes when he'd pass by the archives, and the door was left slightly cracked open, he could hear (Y/n) tap a pen repeatedly against the desk from inside.

His mind couldn't help but wander to the reasons why she'd be so nervous. Or, it could be that whatever sat at the back of her mind nagged at her persistently.

Because he couldn't get her out of his head, he opted to go straight to the source herself.

Albedo let the papers in hand slip onto his desk as he rounded the corner. He kept his chin up, his eyes fixed to the door across from his. The only sounds that echoed in the hallway as he crossed were his shoes. And even then, he was being as quiet as he could be.

The alchemist pressed a hand against the door, widening the narrow space for his figure to slip through. He then descended the small steps further inside, his gaze focused ahead.

The scenery before him touched him heart first, though he didn't even notice.

There was (Y/n), with her head resting in the palm of her hand. Her hair was pulled back into a loose updo, different from the usual way she let it be. The (h/c) lashes framing her eyes obscured her pupils as she glanced down boringly at the papers in front of her, skimming them with an exhaustion that was obvious from where he stood.

And there it was. In her other hand, she tapped the pen repeatedly against the edge.

He pressed further in a quiet manner, his teal eyes fixed onto her figure. It seemed she hadn't noticed him, for he had already reached her by the time she glanced over at him.

"Albedo," There went that smile that always greeted him alongside the sound of his name. "Is there something you're looking for?"

The man peered down at her. "I was wondering if you're okay, actually," He said.

(Y/n) blinked her eyes a few times as she straightened her posture. "Why wouldn't I be?" She asked him.

Albedo glanced towards the pen in her hand. "It's a thing you always do," He provided no context.

She raised a brow.

The alchemist gestured towards the pen with nothing but the look on his face. "You tap it when you're getting frustrated," He explained.

(Y/n)'s attention turned to her hand, twisting her wrist to get a better look at the pen. "I'm sorry about that," She said. "I didn't know I was being so loud."

Shaking his head as a way to tell her she needn't apologize, Albedo then glanced down at the loose pages sprawled over her desk. "Are these..." He began.

"From Hertha," (Y/n) answered before he could finish. "Records of commissions, logged entries. I need to organize these things." She sighed. Then, she looked up at him. "You really came all the way here just to check on my well-being, Albedo?"

Days his life felt like a blank canvas, when he couldn't fill it with vermilion, was a lingering absence. He recently read somewhere by chance thousands of thoughts fill the head in a day. But only those that strike a chord are brought forth. And before the ink of his pen reached the page, this one single thought persisted.

He peered into her (e/c) eyes. "This chance encounter of circumstance," He spoke. "It's not as trifling as I thought it'd be."

She cracked a smile, burying her face in her palms. (Y/n) then lifted her chin, resting it against her joint hands. "I like talking to you too," Her lips curved upward. But you could tell in her eyes she was still tired.

"I shouldn't distract you," He realized. "Forgive me."

(Y/n) immediately shook her head in disapproval. "It's fine. Really," She said. "I'm glad to see you after a long day. And I wouldn't mind seeing you again."

His eyes shied away first before he turned his back to her. Albedo then slightly tilted his head, catching glimpse of the woman from the corner of his vision. "I'll be on my way now," Was all he said.

She kept her gaze on his figure as he treaded further and further away from her. With a deep sigh, she turned back to the papers below her hands.

But then the sound of him returning beckoned her to glance up.

"Albedo?" She called out. "Did you forget something?"

From around the corner, and instead of greeting those familiar teal eyes, she was met with the ghastly figure of a pale woman. Her hair was wine-colored, framing her face in a choppy length all beneath a veil. A white sleeveless turtleneck top, long white gloves, and a long black and red slit skirt.

She wasn't your average visitor, that was for sure.

The silver claw rings adorning her fingertips pressed against the shelf as she rested her palm against it. They glinted, the reflection alone sending a message.

"You're not from around here, are you?" The woman spoke. Her silver heels echoed as she slowly walked towards her, her claws leaving a mark on the wood as her hand dragged behind.

The woman loomed over (Y/n), her eyes staring down at her. And when she seemingly made up her mind, her face turned relaxed.

"You don't look like trouble," She took a step back. "All the merrier for you, I guess."

"Rosaria!" A sweet voice called from above the halls. "The choir is waiting for you!"

(Y/n) watched as the woman she presumed to be "Rosaria" turn deafeningly silent.

"...It sounds like someone's looking for you," (Y/n) commented,.

Rosaria glanced over at her with a frown. "If it wasn't apparent, I'm trying to stay out of sight," She explained.

The woman then walked around the desk, her eyes trained to the half-rounded window. "Each of the sisters is worse than the next," She complained. "If it's not about prayer, then it's about choir or some other thing I'm supposed to participate in..."

(Y/n) spoke up, albeit the strange situation she felt herself in. "By all means, hide in here as long as you need," She raised her hands in defense.

Rosaria's brows curved upward in a disgruntled manner. "...I wandered in here when I heard someone stepped in for this job," She explained. "Now that I've seen you, I realize you're nothing to worry about."

The nun turned around, heading straight towards the entrance she came from, but not before stopping midway.

"Just because I say this, it doesn't mean I won't keep my tabs on you," Was all she said. " So stay out of trouble."

(Y/n) rushed impatiently down the steps of the headquarters, eager to feel the warmth of the setting sun on the skin of her arms. It felt so relieving to stretch her body, with not a single sight of old books or worn boxes to greet her sight.

Lights illuminated the darkening streets of Mondstadt, and people had begun to light their homes with metal lanterns.

The young woman strolled through the main street, her eyes focused on the enormous gate ahead. That was when the familiar locks of red hair were swept into a mild breeze as his figure unveiled itself from around the corner.

Diluc Ragnvindr paid no mind to the people walking through. But when he spotted (Y/n)'s figure from the corner of his eyes, he slightly turned his head to confirm her being there. Their gaze met, and she quickened her pace to greet him.

"Hey!" Her smile was warm. "I didn't think I'd run into you this late into the evening."

"I run a tavern," He said. "I should be asking you the same thing instead."

"Well, I work the archives for the knights," She said.

Rather disgruntled, Diluc looked ahead.

"...It could be worse," He seemingly mumbled to himself. As if convincing his conscious (Y/n) working under the knights wasn't as bad as he'd normally take it.

"I'm walking home," She spoke up. "Are you heading out?"

"A few matters to attend to at the winery," He said. "I won't be coming back to the city afterward. So, I suppose I too am going home."

(Y/n)'s demeanor brightened up. "Would you like to walk together then?" She asked. "It'd be nice rather than walking alone."

"I suppose we can," He said. "It'd be a bit awkward if we were walking the same way without saying a thing."

She stifled a laugh. "Yeah, you're right."

Diluc's eyes changed shape. They turned softer, rounder.

Once outside the gates of Mondstadt, the two walked side by side in a gentle silence.

"You know, Kaeya has a tendency to pay me a few visits while I'm on the clock," (Y/n) spoke up.

And although Diluc didn't say a word, she knew he was listening.

"A few days ago he stopped by," She continued. "Ink spilled all over his pants leg when he tried to pull one of the papers of my desk, and poor Noelle was left to clean the mess."

Diluc resisted the urge to smile at the misfortune of his brother. And so he lifted a hand to his face, pressing his fingertips against his lips to refrain from betraying himself.

(Y/n) noticed. "You know, I think that's the first time I've seen you smile," She said.

The man shook the smile from his face. "Forgive me," He said.

Her attention fell to the floor, the corners of her mouth slightly curving upward.

Diluc was funny, she thought. Quiet he may be, but even glimmers of his personality shone through at times.

(Y/n) glanced back to the road, realizing they'd already reached Springvale.

"Looks like this is my stop," She told him.

The man nodded towards the village. "Go on then. I'll watch you from here," He said.

She peered up into his eyes, a small smile bidding him goodbye. And with the wave of her hand, she turned her back towards him, where he in turn made sure she made it safely inside before continuing on.

"Welcome home Master Diluc," The maids greeted him upon entering through the double doors.

One of the ladies took a step forward. "Kaeya Alberich is waiting for you outside the manor," She said.

His eyes immediately darted towards the other side of the manor, where Kaeya stood with his arms crossed over the other outside the grand window. As if on cue, the man looked over his shoulder. And not a smile was in sight to greet his dear brother by.

Diluc let out a deep breath as the maids pardoned themselves, not wanting to stay any longer for a typical feud between the two. Exiting, he slowly treaded towards him, already dreading the conversation in his head.

The cavalry captain spoke once he neared. "I recommend you proceed with caution," Their eyes met as the words left his lips. "Or have you forgotten my gift for transforming exchanges into lovely verses?"

Diluc pressed his fingertips against the bridge of his nose. "Forgive me for my deafness," He retorted. "So many things come out that mouth of yours, I must've trained my ears to filter out your voice."

Kaeya chuckled. "Perhaps if you'd listen, you'd be as close as the two of us are," His tone was laced with this charm.

Diluc knew he referred to (Y/n).

"I'm not having this conversation with you." The young Ragnvindr pardoned himself without another word. His shadow crossed his brother's, following him as he loomed over the stone wall.

Kaeya frowned. Not because the man had chosen to ignore him. Rather, he wanted to continue this conversation until he got what he wanted. But then, he felt a surge of confidence and pride swell in his chest, the question that lingered in his head now at the front.

"You know, the winery is due for its eventful anniversary," Kaeya spoke up. "And once again, all the beautiful bachelorettes of Mondstadt will pine for an opportunity with you." He now stood behind his brother. "Which makes me wonder... will anyone catch your eye this time around?"

The redhead remained silent, his gaze lost to the ambient moonlit field of vines.

Kaeya's eyes narrowed. "That being said, I was thinking of asking (Y/n) to be my plus one," He continued. "You wouldn't mind, would you? Seeing as you have no interest in her."

At this, Diluc glanced over his shoulder. "If you bring her, it'd stir trouble," He said. "By now you're well acquainted with the nobility and their taste for outsiders." The redhead was merely looking out for her.

Kaeya could only sigh alongside the biggest grin. And with a chuckle, said, "My, wouldn't it be something if she were also of noble blood."

Diluc's brows knitted into a frown. "...What do you mean by that?" He asked.

Stifling a peal of laughter, Kaeya took a few steps away from him. "As I said," It was evident in his tone the man felt as if he'd just won a game. "(Y/n) and I are a lot closer than you think. There are things you wouldn't know, of course."

Diluc watched as Kaeya turned his back to him, leaving without uttering another word. He slowly turned back, the movement of a flame flickering a reflection in his eyes.

THIRTY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 793 13
)ೃ⁀➷ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀʟʜᴀɪᴛʜᴀᴍ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ʜɪꜱ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟꜱᴇ, ʜᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʙᴜᴛ ᴘᴜʀᴘᴏꜱᴇʟʏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ. © oakycys ꜰᴇᴍʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀxᴀʟʜᴀɪᴛʜᴀᴍ ᴡɪʟʟ ɪ...
303K 5.4K 16
─── STARDUST ( GENSHIN ONESHOTS ) ↳ head-cannons, fluffs, angsts and scenarios / reader x various gender n...
96.7K 5K 44
𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐌. 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬 x 𝐅. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐔 w/ 𝐃.𝐈.𝐂.𝐊.𝐀.𝐀.𝐙.) After being burned at the stake u...
91.6K 1.5K 79
╭────────⋅ · ☾ ☽ · "𝐌𝐘, 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 !" ✦⌇ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰɪᴄꜱ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀ. . . @mondaymelon. ⤷ x ɢɴ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ᴜɴʟ...