My Brightest Star || Park Jon...

By jaynami

- In which Avery moves into a new neighborhood and meets Jay, a man with many secrets. He lights up her world... More

Introduction
1 💫
2 💫
3 💫
4 💫
5 💫
6 💫
7 💫
8 💫
9 💫
10 💫
11 💫
12 💫
<3
13 💫
14 💫
15 💫
16 💫
17 💫
18 💫
19 💫
20 💫
21 💫
22 💫
23 💫
24 💫
25 💫
26 💫
27 💫
28 💫
29 💫
30 💫
31 💫
33 💫
34 💫
35 💫
36 💫
37 💫
38 💫
39 💫
40 💫
41 💫
42 💫
42.5 💫
43 💫
43.5 💫
44 💫
45 💫
46 💫
author's note ^^

32 💫

1.5K 97 77
By jaynami

I awoke from my deep slumber only to focus on my hand resting on my bed.

I raised it to take a closer look and saw the heart Jay drew from last night.

A smile formed as I think back to the events of the last gloaming. I feel my heart fluttering once again as I hid my face on my pillow while I scream lightly.

"What a great way to start my day!" I sat up and raised my arms high before I got out of bed.

-

"You look like you had a great sleep," My mom says at the dining table when she noticed my beaming self.

I kissed her and my dad on the forehead before I find myself in a seat.

"I sure did" I start to munch on the pancakes my mom prepared for breakfast.

"Do you guys have any plans later? I was thinking we can have lunch outside" My dad spoke as he munches on his food.

"Sounds great to me" I take a sip from my orange juice.

Today is going to be fun!

We talked about life and laughed as we ate our breakfast, we were then interrupted by a doorbell.

"I'll get it" My mom stood up and made her way to the door.

We waited for a reaction but didn't hear any, I then decided to check on it myself. My dad later followed.

"Mom? Whose at the door-"

I halt when I saw a presence I didn't expect to see.

"Aunt Giann?" I say in surprise

"Hi, Avery! It's been so long" She walked my way and hugged me.

Aunt Giann is Jay's aunt. She's the aunt Jay spoke of that one time. I also met her a few times when I was young.

As I was hugging her I saw Jay at the entrance, he gave me a little wave and an apologetic smile for the unannounced visit.

"What brings you here?" my mom asked.

"Well, I wanted to invite you guys for lunch later" she smiled.

"We will be preparing some food and it would be nice to invite the Jung family. Right, Jay?"

My eyes landed on Jay.

"Right" he smiles slightly.

"We'll be there. Thank you for inviting us, it's very thoughtful of you"

"Of course! We're like family friends, don't worry about it" she winks at my mom before she and jay left.

"I guess no family time for us later" my dad joked which resulted in us laughing

-

I made sure not to overdress for lunch later, so I decided to wear a simple dark blue dress that landed a few inches before my knee.

I wore the necklace Sunoo gave me and the bracelet that Jay give me as well, paired with my white sandals.

I added a hair clip and let my hair loose.

We later left home and arrived at Jay's place.

It was still as fancy as ever but just like before it had that hint of loneliness that surrounded the place.

"Come! Take a seat" Aunt Giann exclaimed once we entered their humble abode.

Jay acknowledged my presence as he walked my way

"You look beautiful" he whispers before he placed a kiss on my cheek. I blushed at that.

He then guided me to the dining area.

-

We began to devour the appetizing dishes that were served.

I took a bite and tasted the different flavors that complimented each other, making the dish just as delicious as it looked.

Jay cooked some of these. I can tell.

"So, Giann, did you spend some time in America recently?" My mom spoke

"Not recently, but I was in America when Jay moved there at the age of 13"

My mom simply nodded her head

Aunt Giann then laughed after a while which made us look at her

"That reminds me, back then, Jay would be very busy with his phone" she started

"We'd be all gathered downstairs and he'd be locked up in his room texting away on his phone" she continued

Jay shared an awkward laugh

"Please don't say anything else" he mumbled but I heard him, I laughed at his mini wish.

"Calling and texting a specific someone" she looks at me slyly and it was my turn to get embarrassed.

I just smiled at her, trying to escape her stare

"Not to mention, he almost begged his mom he'd come back here because he missed-"

"I think I need some honey" Jay interrupted as he stood up from his seat.

I laughed at that and they followed.

We ate and shared stories which were mostly about Jay. He was getting embarrassed and stressed as he continued to take a spoonful of honey, or maybe even more.

After a while, we were all stuffed and contented with the delicious food.

Jay was having a conversion with my parents and they looked like they were enjoying the small talk.

I simply looked at them and can't help but smile.

"Avery darling"

"Yes?" my eyes landed on Aunt Giann the moment she called my name.

"Do you mind if I talk with you privately?"

"Not at all," I say as we stood up and made our way to the terrace.

We were welcomed by the beautiful view of trees and flowers, it was a beautiful sight.

I saw Aunt Giann pick a piece of flower and held it for a second.

"Thank you for being with Jay" she spoke and I could feel the sincerity in her words

"You've helped him very much"

I smiled at her

"You're welcome, but if anything, it's Jay I would like to thank. He was friendly enough to welcome me to this neighborhood" reminiscing our first encounter.

"You truly are the kindest and you've grown to be so beautiful," she says as she places the flower behind my ear

"You bloom just like a flower" she smiled and it warmed my heart

"That's very sweet of you," I say shyly.

"If my sister were to be here, she'd tell you herself. But, sadly she couldn't after what happened" she says softly, now the atmosphere getting somewhat gloomy.

I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"You know, I'm trying my very hardest not to break down, for I want to be strong for Jay," she says, now getting teary-eyed.

Why do I suddenly feel a pain in my chest?

"Which is also a reason why I called you guys over. I didn't want him to be alone at a hard time like this" she says slowly wiping her tears.

I started to get teary-eyed myself. My heart rate fastened. Something's not right.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but, may I ask what happened?" I asked slowly, afraid of what her answer may be.

She stared at me for a moment. Surprised at my question.

"Did he not tell you?"

I simply stared at her, waiting for her to enlighten me.

"Last night, at around 7:00 pm, Jay's father passed away"

My eyes went wide, my mouth agape. I feel my hands getting cold. I was stunned.

"He has been suffering from multiple sclerosis for almost 6 years now" she started

"He was having a tough time and was paralyzed not too long ago until yesterday" she stopped for a moment.

"Until y-yesterday he couldn't handle it anymore"

I fell to the ground after I felt my knees beginning to get weak.

"Avery! Are you okay?" she panicked as she saw my state

But I couldn't answer. I was too surprised. I couldn't comprehend what I just heard.

It all makes sense now. Everything makes so much sense.

Jay lost contact with me not because of Charlotte but because of his ill father.

When he visited America for a few days and was very busy it was because he was taking care of his father.

I remembered his state when he arrived that morning. He looked exhausted and in so much pain.

When he cooked for me that night after the sports festival, he was all alone because his parents were in America, his father fighting for his own life.

It explains his state and why he's been getting sleepless nights.

The dark circles under his eyes and how much pain it had replayed in my head on loop.

Last night. When he wrapped his arms around me as he cried his heart out. That was when he lost him. I was completely clueless.

Yet I accused him of ignoring me for Charlotte. How petty can I be?

I feel so stupid. I feel so disgusted with myself.

This is it. This is exactly what I feared. This right here is what I feared.

"If you may excuse me" I slowly stood up and went looking for Jay.

I checked in the dining area and he was no longer conversing with my parents.

I wanna see him, I wanna be there for him, even if I'm too late.

I made my way to his room. I twist the doorknob hoping to be welcomed by his presence, and there I saw him.

There I saw my brightest star, my star who I never knew was suffering alone.

-
Lots of love :)
- ims

I honestly felt bad writing this. my heart is aching rn.

for context:
multiple sclerosis is a disease of the brain and spinal cord. this disease can result in permanent damage to the nerves. the cause is unknown and there is no specific age range to it. it worsens over time and could later result in one being paralyzed; not being able to walk independently or at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4.2K 22
-ᴍᴀғɪᴀ ᴀᴜ "𝐈 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐭�...
8.6K 489 13
"Then who?" "You." OR -after getting rejected by his crush, Jungwon starts his journey to find the perfect boyfriend, with his best friend, Jake.
29K 1.4K 32
"Thank you for completing me, Jaeyun-ah" -Jay "I never thought I'll ever want to share my life with someone as much as I want to share it with you, J...
649K 31.8K 51
ELITE SERIES #1. COMPLETED. ENHYPEN HEESEUNG. ❝Because after all... a playboy will always be a playboy, and a cheater... will always be a cheater.❞ S...