My Brightest Star || Park Jon...

By jaynami

- In which Avery moves into a new neighborhood and meets Jay, a man with many secrets. He lights up her world... More

Introduction
1 💫
2 💫
3 💫
4 💫
6 💫
7 💫
8 💫
9 💫
10 💫
11 💫
12 💫
<3
13 💫
14 💫
15 💫
16 💫
17 💫
18 💫
19 💫
20 💫
21 💫
22 💫
23 💫
24 💫
25 💫
26 💫
27 💫
28 💫
29 💫
30 💫
31 💫
32 💫
33 💫
34 💫
35 💫
36 💫
37 💫
38 💫
39 💫
40 💫
41 💫
42 💫
42.5 💫
43 💫
43.5 💫
44 💫
45 💫
46 💫
author's note ^^

5 💫

2.5K 133 42
By jaynami

Warning: This chapter includes sensitive scenes.

"I got in!"

I announced to Jay and Mia the amazing news. Mia gave me a big hug and Jay patted me on the shoulder as a way of congratulating me.

"I'm so happy for you!" Mia says. "I knew you could do it" She continued.

"Thanks, Mia, and thank you Jay for accompanying me that day. I wouldn't have done it without you." He ruffles my hair and smiles.

I can feel Mia's gaze on Jay and I was waiting for her to speak.

"I guess you're not so much of a douchebag after all" I started laughing and Jay gave a small laugh as well.

"So you like me now?" He replies.

"No. Keep dreaming douche." This time we both laughed. I like how Mia gets so sassy at times. I love to see it.

We were in a cafe since it was a Sunday. We bought drinks and ate something light until Mia had to head home early because she has some things to do. She said her goodbyes and Jay and I decided to go for a walk.

"So Ms. Jung how do you feel like a fresh member of the broadcasting club?" He pulls out his hand to my mouth as if it was a mic and he was interviewing me.

"It's fantastic, thanks for asking. Not too many questions please I need to prepare my voice for future announcements" I say as a joke.

"Ave, do me a favor and never make jokes again," He says back. We stared at each other in silence until Jay bursts into laughter, and I followed.

"Any plans for today?" I ask Jay as we walk side by side.

"Not much. How about you?" He asks me back.

"Well I was planning to have a mini celebration but I don't really know what to do." I say.

I saw how Jay puts his right hand on his chin as if he was thinking deeply. He always does this. It's kinda cute.

"How about we go to an amusement park?" I looked at him curiously.

"You want to go to an amusement park right now?" I said just to be clear.

"Yeah, why not? Just me and you. I'd be fun" He smiles.

It did sound fun since me and Jay never really got to hang out ever since he came back from America. So I agreed.

We arrived at an amusement park not too far away from our neighborhood. We went in, got our tickets for the rides, and we're now deciding on which ride to ride on first.

"Lets ride that rollercoaster" He points on the scary rollercoaster ahead of us. I didn't want to ruin the mood so I agreed.

I was standing in line for our turn to ride with Jay by my side. As I was looking at the rollercoaster we were about to ride, I could feel someone behind me.

I looked to see who it was and it turned out to be a man I'm not familiar with.

He was unreasonably too close considering there was a lot of space yet he didn't step back. He was making me uncomfortable.

I could feel Jay's gaze and out of nowhere, Jay pushes the man behind me causing the crowd to look in our direction.

"Step back before I throw a fist at your sickening face" The man looked annoyed but he stepped back and lost eye contact.

Before I could try to comprehend what just happened Jay pulls me to the right, this way he's standing where I was and I am now standing where he was.

He did this without saying a word. Jay looked furious. His jaw clenched and his eyebrows furrowed. I've never seen him this angry before. I didn't want him to be in such a bad mood just because of a pervert.

"Ave, if you're uncomfortable or hurt in any way, tell me okay?" He looks at me and all the anger I saw earlier disappeared. It was as if the moment he looked at me, he felt okay. I held his hand and he was taken aback a bit.

"Okay, I will. Let's forget about what happened and enjoy the ride" I say with a smile, and he smiled back.

We rode on the roller coaster, a lot of screams were heard including Jay and mines. We then rode other rides as well like anchors away and surf dance.

We decided to rest for a bit and eat something before we head home since it was getting late. We had Ice cream, he had pistachio flavored and I had my favorite, cookies, and cream.

"Are you enjoying it?" Jay asks as we were eating our Ice cream.

"Yes, I am. The rides were amazing! Especially when we road the anchors away. You know that funny feeling you get in your tummy, it's the best-" I paused when I heard the capture sound from Jay's phone, sneakily capturing a picture of me.

He looked at the picture and saw how I was smiling happily. He looked like a kid.

"Hey, I wasn't ready" I say sadly.

"It's better if I didn't tell you" he replies.

"Why?" I asked. "Because that way, your smile wouldn't have been natural." He shows me the picture he took of me.

"Look, you look the prettiest when you're happy."

I blushed. I felt a little awkward and didn't really know what to say.

"Do you like cheese?" he looks at me weirdly.

"Where did that come from?" he laughs.

I blushed even more. It was a good thing he didn't tease me any longer and just enjoyed eating his ice cream.

We're on our way home since it was late and my feet were starting to hurt.

Why did I decide to wear my new shoes today? I slapped myself mentally. I'm pretty sure the back of my feet was bleeding because I've been walking the whole day and I could feel the pain too.

As we wear walking Jay suddenly halts and crouches.

"Come on" he says.

I looked at him in confusion.

"Get on my back. I know you're feet are hurting" I felt shy and embarrassed but gave in nonetheless.

I got on his back, he stood up and started walking again. I can smell his manly scent again. He felt so warm.

"Thanks for today." I say.

"As long as you enjoyed then I'm happy" He says back.

Looking at him from behind resulted in me thinking about America. If he ever wanted to go back. If he ever regrets coming back here to Korea where I live.

"Jay" I started.

"Yes?" he replies.

"Do you regret returning to Korea?" There was silence in the atmosphere and It felt suffocating. My heart ached a little at how long it took him to answer.

"You don't have to answer, It's okay" I say instead, scared of what he might say.

After a while, he spoke.

"I don't"

I held on to him a little tighter.

"I don't regret returning, because I'm finally home, back at this neighborhood. Back here with you" He continued.

I could feel my heart beating fast. I don't know why I'm suddenly feeling this way, but Jay's body being this close to mine is not helping.

My heart is racing, I'm worried if he could hear it too. I'm flushed and I can feel my face heating up.

I wonder if Jay feels this way too when I'm around.

Wait, what am I thinking. Do I like him? Do I possibly like Jay? I shake my head as if I could shake the feeling away as well.

"Avery" Jay speaks.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"Look at the moon" I look above trying to look for the moon. And there I saw it.

"Avery, Isn't the moon lovely?" Jay says.

Lots of love :)
- ims

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 489 13
"Then who?" "You." OR -after getting rejected by his crush, Jungwon starts his journey to find the perfect boyfriend, with his best friend, Jake.
713K 27.7K 62
❏ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘥𝘢𝘺 ❏ ──── highschool au // a yang jungwon fanfic...
86.3K 4.3K 32
❝ 𝘪 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 . . . ❞ ❏ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘢 ❏ ──── just an alternate universe // a y...
656K 25.4K 72
❏ ──── texting au // a yang jungwon fanfic // // status : completed // © jungwon_luv 2020 // note :: this was my first fanfic so it's very cringe...