❄️ Ichimaru Gin x Trans!Male!Reader

(Trans! Male! Reader! This wasn't supposed to be sad this wasn't supposed to be sad this wasn't supposed to be-- 💔 Angst Warning. Suddenly want to use this for that huge Bleach project I'm working on.)

I adjust my binder, a gift from my former Captain. Unohana had insisted that, as one of her subordinates, I must acknowledge the effects that incorrect binding has on the human body, and choose a method that is less destructive to the ribs and skin. And then she gave me the best present I've ever received, shortly before I left her division.

It's been six months since I've moved to Squad Three, pursuing the affections of a certain silver-tongued-- I mean, silver-haired-- Captain.

Not in vain, either.

I had met Ichimaru Gin years ago, at a spot in the woods that's excellent for training. He'd been going there for far longer than me, but soon grew accustomed to sharing the place.

Reverence evaporated like dew in the morning, and witty banter had turned into something more akin to cheeky flirting. And even that has grown-- though there's definitely a firm foundation of sarcasm in our relationship-- into something almost tangible.

I'm whipped.

I admit it to myself, finally emerging from my thoughts of Gin.

Pulling on a comfortable yukata, I make my way outside and onto the roof, taking care not to fall off. That would be embarrassing, seeing as to whom is already laying in wait for me atop the shingles.

"You're early. Excited to see me?" I begin with a grin, laying down next to him.

He hums quietly in agreement, a bit off character for him. Gin's eyes are fixed on the stars above us.

A bit puzzled at his lack of a comeback, I settle in to be comfortable, the stars glimmering as I peer up at them.

It's become somewhat of a regular occurrence, to sit with him and watch the stars. He's always expressed a liking of watching them, the cool night air being the witness to such a serene sight.

I myself have become content with it, and with having him beside me.

Once or twice, one of us have drifted off, leaving the other to wake them before the dawn, though not without teasing.

I reminisce for a moment, letting the cold bite into my skin.

"It's getting colder," he murmurs, a little muted as he stares at the expanse of sky. The glimmers reflected in his half-open eyes almost make me forget why I'm here, or even to breathe for a moment. The moonlight on his pale skin is undeniably alluring.

He seems to glow with ethereal beauty.

"It is. We may have to start dressing warmer," I agree, turning my flustered gaze back to the sky. It's not fair how someone could be so effortlessly dazzling.

A comfortable silence befalls us, bliss filling my soul at how lovely it is to watch the stars.

Stray clouds here and there clot the view, but millions of breathtaking stars are unmarred for us to count and chisel into our memory.

"What if I told you that happy things don't last forever?" His voice is soft. "That it will all come crashing down one day."

I pause, weighing his words. Is something going to happen? Is he breaking up with me? We're not technically together, but still. Does he want this to end?

The stars bear no secrets to me as I search the heavens.

"I don't want this night to end," a desperate whisper escapes him.

I tilt my head, and he's already been staring at me.

A melancholy weighs in my heart, squeezing me tight. I shiver in the wind, taking in his bittersweet smile.

His hand is laid upwards beside him, where he'd rolled over to watch me.

I let my hand reach his. Now is no time for remarks, I realize internally. No matter how much I want to relieve this tension.

There's more tension in the air than his face, as he only gives me that soft, sad smile.

He can't tell me what he means, can he? I can read by his gaze that it's true.

"Then I'd tell you to enjoy it now, while it's in front of you. If it will hurt later regardless, why suffer now?"

He twines his fingers in mine, his eyes closing once more.

"Then maybe we'll get lucky, and morning will never come." His voice wavers, but he doesn't try to correct it.

My heart wants to break at this moment. His face is vulnerable, lips for once not holding that smirk he usually wears. He drapes his captain's robes over the both of us, moving in closer, as I shiver again.

I can almost hear the pain in his voice.

"I don't want this night to end."