❄️ Kira Izuru x Reader

"How long do we have to stand watch again?" I sigh aloud.

"Until the next shift, in a couple hours," Kira Izuru, the lieutenant of squad 3, responds.

"Here's some tea," a squad four member offers from a tray. "It'll keep you warm during your watch."

I thank him, grabbing a warm cup. Izuru does the same, and a comfortable silence befalls our watch. The stars are covered by clouds, and the air is crisp.

Shuddering, I take a sip of the tea. It's peppermint and sweet, warming my insides. A sigh escapes me as I revel in the calm of night.

"It is a bit chilly, I should have brought a scarf, too," Izuru lets out a laugh, nodding to my own dark scarf.

I snuggle into it, agreeing. It's soft and warm, and a lovely relief to my frozen face.

The two of us drink our tea for a while, watching as the snow begins to fall. I finish mine, setting the cup down behind me. Izuru follows suit, setting his beside mine.

"It's getting colder," I note. "Everything is going to be frozen by morning."

"Starting with my nose," he jokes, rubbing his nose to get the feeling back.

An idea sparks in my mind, and before I can stop myself, I step closer. "Want to share my scarf?"

The lights from inside the barracks are enough to illuminate the blush on his face. Or maybe it's just the cold.

Either way, he gives me a timid smile. "Share your scarf?"

"It'll help keep you warm," my courage is quickly committing not-alive as I continue.

"Ah... Sure, if you want," he mumbles, shuffling closer.

I unwrap the scarf partially, and the two of us move close together, and I reach up.

Izuru leans a bit, allowing me to drape the end around his neck. He's so close, I can hear his heartbeat. It quickens as he hesitantly wraps an arm around me. I laugh as a snowflake lands on his nose, and he hides it in the scarf.

I watch for the stars again, taking in how lovely this night is.