SMIH! Ishida Uryu

(Was requested in like January lol sorry!)

You dodge, with a split second to spare. Ikkaku lunges, his wooden sword grazing your arm as you deflect it.

"You'll pay for that!" He yells, still a tiny bit angry at you for mentioning his baldness.

He swings again, tearing a hole at the bottom of your shirt.

You stumble and fall, right into Orihime's lap. She looks at you, concerned, while Ichigo yells at Ikkaku.

You sit up, disappointed. This was an awesome shirt! You pout.

"Y/n, would you like to play the game next?" Orihime asks.

"Game- oh! Uh. I don't know-"

"Great- pick an item!" She tilts the bag to you. You deadpan, and reach your hand in the bag. As long as it isn't Ikkaku.

You pull out a small sewing kit, and Orihime calls for Uryu. Chills crawl up your spine. Oh god not him.

It's not like Ikkaku, wherein that you don't like Uryu. It's more... he's been in your class for so long, and he is really cute.

"Y/n, right?" He asks on the way to the closet. "You're in my class at school. How are you here?"

"Yeah. I was dragged here."

Since Ichigo was busy, Orihime closes the door. "Seven minutes!"

"I see. How did you get that tear in your clothes?"

"Ah. Well. I actually offended someone and they attacked me. I kind of thought there was no weapons allowed, but he had a sword."

"I see. Perhaps I could fix your shirt when we get out of here. I can't replicate the design, but I can fix it up." He fiddles with his glasses nervously.

"That would be nice, thank you." You smile to yourself. It would be much easier to stop crushing on him if he wasn't so nice.

"Alright. We should be out soon enough."

He talks about sewing techniques, rambling on and on about the various things he has learned. Eventually the door creaks open, nearly blinding you.

He leads you out of the closet and the two of you take a seat. Uryu starts his sewing, chattering about the test coming up soon in your class. About the party, and the people doing dumb things around the room.

You smile, laughing at his little puns and jokes. He finishes his work, fixing the hair that had fallen in his face.

You look down at what was once a hole. A smile creeps further onto your face. The cute plaited design was not really your style, but it was cute nonetheless.

"Thank you Uryu! How can I repay you?" Your eyes shine up at him.

He feels his heart catch in his chest, the blood rushing to his face. He fixes his glasses. "I... You could help me with my writing project. You always have good poems and I'd like some opinions on mine."

"That would be nice." You fight to suppress your blush.

"Alright, it's a date."