❄️ Matsumoto Rangiku x Trans!Female!Reader

(Trans!Female!Reader! 💔 ANGST WARNING. ICHIMARU SPOILERS.)

Dear Y/n,

This year has been rough. I've lost so much. I lost my best friend, in more ways than one. It's almost the winter holiday, and I feel more broken than ever.

He died in my arms, his battered soul erupting into the air on wings. The sound of each wing's beat was a thunderclap to my heart.

I know now why he betrayed me.

It doesn't make this hurt any less.

It doesn't make this okay.

He hurt me. He left me wondering what I did to make him hate me. He was defending my honour, but he brought ruin to my heart. It's tarnished beyond my comprehension, never mind my repair.

I wish I could turn to you now. Your arms always held me up when the world was dragging me into the abyss.

Have things changed for you? Are you the woman you've always known yourself to be?

Are you free now?

The chains on your heart kept you down for so long. How I wish that I could be with you now. So much time has passed. Would you be angry with how I'm dealing with my pain?

To feel you in my arms again.

To feel at ease.

To feel like I belong. Like I'm home.

Where is my home now? My Captain. My friends. My responsibilities.

I miss you.

I miss you so much.

Rangiku bites her trembling lip, the note addressed to her former lover growing damp with her tears. They roll down, soaking into the parchment and mingling with the ink.

It's a therapy tactic. Writing a letter that will never be sent, to try and process everything that has happened.

"I miss you," her voice leaves her in a sob.

She's not even sure, at this point, who she's talking to.

So much lost.

So much to lose.