Ichimaru Gin x Reader

(Requested by Bleach-Gin. Not taking any other requests! Thanks for your patience.)

I groan quietly, waking up. Something warm next to me moves, and my eyes snap open.

"Gin-san?" I ask.

Gin hums, "Don't get up, it's comfortable like this."

Feeling the cold air prick on my skin, I agree. I huddle closer, shivering a bit. "We must have fallen asleep while doing paperwork."

He nods, running his hand through my hair. "It's still very early, we should still have time alone."

I sigh and feel myself relax in his arms. It was rare we got time like this. The job of Captain is very demanding, and my seat isn't much better when it comes to paperwork.

I intertwine my hand with his, the other continuing to brush through my hair. "I wish it could be like this forever," my breath whisks into the air, visible in the cold. I hear him agree.

The colder months were upon us, brisk and biting. The cold air drifted in through the windows and settled in one's bones.

I look up at his face, smiling. His usual smile widens. "My my, already awake and wanting to get up and go?"

"No, just happy to be with you."

"Are you sure? There's still paperwork from last night."

I grin and nuzzle into him. "Mine is all done."

"I thought you said you'd help with mine?"

"Hmm," I tease, "maybe. But only if you give me a kiss first."

Gin looks at me, giving me a peck on the lips. I sigh and begin to sit up, only to be pulled back down by strong arms.

"Not yet," his breath tickles my neck. "I wanna hold you for a while longer. It's cold."

Turning to face him again, I pull him close. "Alright, love."

Gin's finger taps my lips, and I nod. He pulls me into another kiss, this one slower. He wraps his arms around my waist, kissing my nose and cheeks. I let out small laughs, my fingers stroking through his silver hair.

Blue eyes meet mine, a small glimmer. I look into them, my fingers tracing his face. I kiss his forehead, happiness filling me.

"I love you," I whisper.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I love you, too," Gin gives me a smirk.

He pulls me in again, warming me up against the cold air. "The paperwork can wait."