SMIH! Noba

Renji forces you to play the game, since no one else will listen to him.

"You have to, now pick an item or I'll pick one for you." A tick mark appears above his head.

Deciding it would be more fun than standing here, you reach into the bag. A small plush toy finds its way into your hand. You lift it up. It was green and cute, a tiny turtle. Renji takes it from you and finds its owner.

A male walks up, his face mostly hidden behind a mask. His red hair and innocent green eyes peek out. Renji talks to him for a second, handing him back the plush.

You smile, knowing who this is. It was one of Urahara's mod souls, Noba. You've never talked to him, but you've seen him at Urahara's shop.

His eyes meet yours, and he zips his hood over his face. You shrug, knowing how shy he is. Renji leads the two of you to the closet, and shuts the door.

"You're kind of shy, aren't you?" You ask with a smile.

There is no answer.

"That's alright. Even a quiet turn in the closet is better than just sitting around out there."

You let the closet grow quiet, knowing he won't talk.

Eventually you start talking again, painfully aware of the boring silence. "So how has your night been?"

Silence. Then, he answers politely, "It has been fine. How is yours?"

"Boring. Rangiku and Orihime ditched me and I don't know many people here." You laugh to yourself.

"I see. Would you like me to keep you company?" His voice was hesitant, but filled with his polite strength.

"If you wouldn't mind." A smirk grows onto your face, invisible in the darkness. You have always thought that Noba was cute, but you don't often act on your crushes.

The closet falls into a semi-comfortable silence. Eventually the door opens, and Renji ushers you out.

You take Noba's hand, leading him back to the table he had been sitting at.

Despite his best efforts and embarrassment, you kept your grip on his hand for the rest of the party.

And oh boy, was that the start of an amazing relationship.