❄️ Hitsugaya Toshirō x Reader

"A... Snowman war?"

The Captain looks at me, his third seat, incredulously. His hand pauses above the paper, moving so that the ink doesn't drip upon the page as we have an audience with him.

"Yes! A snowman war!" Rangiku chips in, and his icy stare fixes on her.

"Why?"

"Because somehow Squad Six is having a snowman contest with Squad Eleven, and now Squads Three, Nine, and Thirteen have begun on theirs. Please, I know that we could win with your help, Captain Hitsugaya," I clasp my hands together, not below begging.

"You want me to use Hyōrinmaru for something as trivial as a snowman contest?"

"That... Was the general idea, Captain."

His arms cross further. "It's too childish to entertain the thought."

"Even Captains Kuchiki and Kenpachi have joined in to compete," I half-heartedly continue to plead with my Captain. "And there's chatter amongst the other squads that their captains are doing the same. They're all making huge sculptures and scapes."

"Oh please please please Captain! Let's show them who's the best with ice!" Rangiku adds.

"Snow."

"Huh?"

"There is a difference. What if they call us on a technicality?" Hitsugaya narrows his eyes at the pair of us, but he leans forward in his seat nonetheless.

And he included himself in the idea.

"I'm fairly certain that there were mostly swords in the Squad Eleven snowman scape."

"Fair bet. I guess I'll consider the idea of this contest."

"YES THANK YOU SO MUCH CAPTAIN WE WON'T LET YOU DOWN!"

"We could do a huge dragon sculpture! OR AN ENTIRE FANTASY SCAPE."

"YES!"

"One one condition."

Noooo.

"Matsumoto does her paperwork first," he gestures to a hefty stack of papers. "L/n can help, but I want it completed before we indulge in snowman building whims."

It's always something.