Kuchiki Byakuya x Reader

This spring is beautiful, you think to yourself, sitting in a cherry tree. The petals surround you as you relax peacefully. As a captain, you rarely get time like this. So you learn to enjoy it to the fullest.

Of course, your lieutenant was halfway competent. Maybe your paperwork might suffer, but you had no worries otherwise.

So you relax, scheming of a way to woo someone. Well, not just anyone.

Kuchiki Byakuya, the most attractive captain. Or at least in your opinion.

His raven hair cascading down his shoulders and back. His stern demeanor. His quiet strength.

He is amazing.

If only he would look your way. Valentine's day was coming up... but he didn't like sweets much. You had seen that last year, when he turned away some girls.

So if you do get him something, it needs to not be sweets. Or food in general, really.

But what in the world could he want? A new Tsuka ito? (The cord on the handle of a zanpakuto.) A trinket of some sort?

You're out of ideas. He won't like them anyways.

So, like any other normal human being, you decide to go snoop.

You search for his spiritual pressure for a moment. He is no where near his office. Perfect.

You flashstep quickly to where his office is. No distractions. You open the door, not detecting any spiritual energy. You slink into the room and shut the door. His office would be less creepy than his rooms. It wouldn't get you killed as much. Or at least you think.

Looking around, it was pretty boring. Nothing interesting. Nothing really personal. You look at the papers on the desk, not finding anything worth reading. You pout. You peek in the drawers. Pencils, paper, a calculator. A tiny notebook that just contained doodles, like if you're testing a pen.

How boring. You still didn't feel his spiritual pressure anywhere close. You spin around in the chair for a moment. Maybe you could make him a keychain.

And then an idea strikes you, and you bolt out the door.

A lone cherry blossom petal drifts onto the desk, and would later be the cause of a scolding for Renji.

--- ---

"Kyoraku! Ukitake! Can I ask a favour?" You run up to them, trying to catch your breath.

"Of course, what is it?" Ukitake smiles.

You whisper to them what your plan is. Your hands grasp at each other nervously. "Do you think he'd like that?"

"I think he'd love it. I didn't know you put that much thought into a valentine's gift." Captain Kyoraku smiles, ruffling your hair.

"I think it's a great idea. I'm not sure where you would get the stuff- maybe we can convince Captain Yamamoto to let us travel to the world of the living and get something like that-"

A lot of whispers and walking later, you decide on what to do. Now to put your plan into action.

--- ---

It was surprisingly easy to convince Captain Yamamoto to let you go. Once you told him your intentions, he seemed glad. He agreed that it would be an excellent gift.

So here you are, holding a miraculous present in your hands. The trip to the land of the living was boring, there was a hollow. The reason he was allowed to send you in the first place. But it was worth it.

You place it in the box, placing the note atop it. It was the night before Valentine's day, and it was essential that you be very, very sneaky.

Once again, it would be creepy to go in his rooms. So you creep to his office, peeking through the blinds. No one was in there.

You slip in, place the gift on his desk.

And run.

--- ---

Kuchiki Byakuya walks into his office, already irritated. Today was nothing but an annoyance. Girls swooning and fussing. Not doing their work.

He stops in his tracks, spotting a small package on his desk. He sighs, sitting down. He opens the note.

Dear Captain Kuchiki,

Happy Valentine's Day. I know you do not enjoy this holiday very much, but I hope you will accept this gift.

Love,

(L/n) (Y/n)

He stares at the paper for a moment. You had always caught his eye, at least a bit. The way you look and act is quite intriguing to him.

He opens the tiny box. A beautiful lavender Tsuka ito, the cord that wraps a zanpakuto's handle, is folded gently at the bottom of the box.

He picks it up delicately. Two small pendants were attached to the Tsuka ito. One said Kuchiki Byakuya, and the other Senbonzakura.

His lips curl up at the ends. A smile adorns them, for the first time in a long while.

He stands, the Tsuka ito still in his hand. He leaves to find you. To thank you.

The stupid smile won't leave his face.