❄️ Starrk Coyote x Reader

"Come on!" Lilynette whines, pulling and jabbing at Coyote.

I continue wrapping the bland garland around the scraggly hueco mundo tree, humming a poor imitation of a christmas carol.

"You gotta help!" Lilynette continues to tug at the espada, my romantic partner; Starrk Coyote. "This is supposed to be a group effort." I finish twisting the garland around, and pull out the box of ornaments.

"I'll pass," he mumbles, still sprawled in his cushions.

"It's okay, Lilynette," I hold out a lesser, now-dead hollow's mask; they make fine replacement ornaments. She relinquishes her tirade against Starrk's laziness, joining me in hanging the masks on the skeletal limbs of the tree.

The masks are soon all hung, and I pull out the final touch.

"Wouldn't you at least like to help with this part," Lilynette grumbles to her master.

"Not really."

"It's okay, Lilynette, we'll get Grimmjow or Nnoitra to put the moon on the tree."

The moon was a special decoration, made by my own hands; since Aizen has been defeated, I've started glassblowing. It's a beautiful crescent moon, like the one that reigns with a gleam over Hueco Mundo.

"Aren't you afraid that they'll break it?" Coyote stirs a bit.

"It'll be fine," I smile. "Besides, it'll be easier than me trying to reach the top of the tree."

"The tree is taller than them," he sits up a bit. "I don't even know how you got it in here."

"I'll have them pick me up for it," I turn back to look up at the tree. "And you see, to get it in here, I--"

"Wait, you're going to have them pick you up?" Coyote cuts in.

"Yeah, like on their shoulders."

"Nope," he stretches, rising to his feet. "I'll do it." Lilynette snickers, cheering us on quietly.

"Oh?" I smile at him as he approaches. "I thought you didn't want to help."

"I changed my mind," he helps lift me onto his shoulders, letting me reach the top of the tree with ease. Lilynette hands me the moon, and soon the tree is perfectly eerie.

After letting me down, Coyote links his hand with mine.

"Doesn't it look amazing, Coyote?"

"Looks great," he leans his head against mine. "Can we take a nap now?"

"Of course, sleepyhead."